What's for dinner? Pt 2

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

When I was in Mexico one of the local beers Sol had a citrus. It was refreshing, course it was 80 with 99% humidity. LOL Ric

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Only do dark beers, unless it's 'Dogfish Head'! (lol)

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

do not care for lime in beer - and also prefer the darker beers although not stouts

Thomaston, CT

Going out tonight---tomorrow's dinner in FL!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

have a great time in FL - flying i assume - have a safe trip!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Have a great time, Robin!

And leave PLENTY of extra time for the airport.

Take care Robin! Enjoy!☺
(flying is such a hassle these days...)

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Wow I wish my Dinner would be in FL tomorrow. Bon voyage. : )
I made Spaghetti with meat sauce tonight. I was inspired by the fresh Italian bread announcement at Hannaford's : )

I picked up some stuff to experiment with some hours dourves for New Year's Eve.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

DH made chicken, rice and steamed broccoli tonight. We're in the process of getting New Years Day dinner stuff. Just the pork roast and some odds and ends left to get.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

My husband made chili. It was spicy hot and wonderful. I made cornbread to go with it. It was definitely a chili night.

Leftover chili tonight, well actually last 'nite since it's 12:45 am now, (lol). - First time for me, 2nd time for DW, (she insisted on it!).
- It does keep a fire in your 'tummy when it's cold outside! ☺

I love chili but unfortunately I am the only one in the house that does. So I don't usually make it anymore. We have a revised Chili that is husband and kid friendly, hardly any spice and no beans. Then we put it over white rice with lots of cheddar cheese. That's the closest to chili I've gotten in years. : )

Had chicken in the pressure cooker. Potatoes and carrots.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Smoked shoulder,rice, sweet potatoes, green beans and pineapple.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Probably going to a steakhouse tonight for DH's birthday.

Mmm steak from a steakhouse sounds really good. I have to settle for the two Ribeyes I got yesterday. With some instant broccoli and cheese pasta spirals, I haven't had them in a while. : )

Lazy - ordering Chinese.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

tonight we are going to make that fantastic lasagna again with the rachael ray vodka cream sauce and home made pasta

Gonna have to try that sauce.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i highly recommended

I've only had vokda cream sauce from wegmans and didn't care for it. It was from their hot foods section. Maybe I'd try this too.

I don't normally like vodka sauces either, but I'll try it. Like most of Rachel's stuff. Her cooking too. ^_^

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

do not forget to put in pancetta - it is not in the recipe

Turkey bacon instead?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

you are already putting cream in it (half&half here) live a little!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

today is steak with orange bourbon glaze .. and yeah Victor live a little!!!

I may have to side with Victor on this one, any little bit helps.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Seafood feast tonight...Dungeness crab legs, spicy crab cakes, tilapia and shrimp cocktail...side of rigatoni with marinara sauce.

Onewish would love the orange bourbon glaze recipe!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

have no idea what tonight's will be. We're working on tomorrows instead. Pork roast and sauerkraut for New Year's Day , I'm going to have a house full.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

ok here is the recipe

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/you-wont-be-single-for-long-vodka-cream-pasta-recipe/index.html

like i said we use half & half, make fresh pasta, and pancetta - in fact i just finished with the sauce and pasta - will put the h&h in and fresh basil when we start the noodles later tonight

i can't wait!

thanks for the link Bill

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

your welcome took me forever to find it in the cook book because of the name - you won't be single for long :)

cute
there is quite a bit of vodka in there

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

almost a waste of vodka - that's three weeks of my clamato caesars :)

Or 3 days of my cherry cokes

Had already looked it up and bookmarked it after you raved about it, Bill.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Tonight Holly had sushi (I had a Dr's appointment next door to Tokyo Diner) and I had a roast beef sub. Tomorrow I'm making the traditional roast pork loin with kraut and mashed potatoes. I have a 10# boneless loin to rub and braise in the morning. I mix seeds from coriander, caraway, celery , and cumin with cracked pepper and crush it to a powder for my rub. I lightly score the fat side of the loin, rub the whole thing, and then braise it on a large griddle till sealed and golden brown. Into the roaster it goes fat side up for a couple of hours. About an hour before it's done I add a bed of silver floss to the juices and let it brown. Pork has always been part of New Years as long as I can remember, It's supposed to be good luck, since pigs root forward while other animals scratch back.
Happy New Year and Bon Appetit! Ric

Fredericton N B, Canada(Zone 4a)

I just ate two bay of Fundy lobsters. The very best!! winter lobster beats summer lobster.Chardonnay and maple smoked salmon to begin the meal. Too bad I have to wait for mother's day for another feed of lobster!!. JOY

- I'm too full to type, talk to ya'll later... (lol!)
Happy Happy! Weeeeee!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.