What's for dinner? Pt 2

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Came home hungry for country cookin', ask Holly what? she says whatever. Fried up a skillet of home-fries, a skillet of calves liver both with a little bacon, and GG niblets in butter sauce. Almost Heaven not West Virginia, LOL Ric

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

They had roasting chickens on sale today so that is what I planned, but they were out, so I ended up buying a turkey breast. A little too much work for a weekday, but it was good.

North Augusta, ON

Grilled cheese/tomato/mushroom sandwiches.

Been snowing for 4 days...

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

BBQ pork that we had in the freezer

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Burgers as DD had pep band for the Basket Ball game tonight.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pork chops with BBQ sauce, milk potatoes and asparagus.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Fried, (coated), chicken with white rice, spinach & tomato salad. Warmed french bread w/baked brie drizzled w/ olive oil and basil. Double layer choc fudge cake for desert.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Split pea soup and salad sandwiches.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

A turkey wrap

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I loved Avatar in 3D. Your kids will definitely love it, Victor. I want to go again and see it in IMAX 3D, and I never go see movies twice, even on DVD!

I'm back from New Mexico with a renewed vigor for cooking. First, I read parts of Michael Pollan's book The Omnivore's Dilema. My sister got it as a gift for Christmas. Oy. That got me wanting to cook healthier. Second, my sister is teaching me to plan my meals for the week so I know exactly what to buy ahead of time. We'll see if it catches. Tonight I'm cooking black bean soup. I'm not sure if I want to make it thick so I can ladel it over rice, or just serve it in bowls. I have some winter squash that must be cooked, and then I'll probably steam some brocolli, since that's my favorite veggie.

Harper

Saturday Night Special.
Hot dogs and beans.
The so called "baked beans" are in the crock pot. Never did them this way. I will have approx 6 hours to find out how they turn out.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Welcome back, Harp!

Heres a good one. Last night had steak grinders. I do A-1 and Jim does mustard. Now and then we will both do Miricle Whip. Had enough to do 4 grinders. Hey Jim what do you want on yours? Mustard he said. So I did 1 with mustard and 1 with A-1 and 1 with Miricle Whip for a change. I asked Jim what do you want on the last one? He wouldnt give me an answer.

The last one got 1/3 mircle whip, 1/3 mustard and 1/3 - A-1. Take that.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

jim can't make his own grinder? I'd go hungry here:)

last two nights was baked chichen - tonight pork loin with green beans - we were very happy to find large bags of fresh green beans at costco, do not know where they hid them in the past, they are all clipped at the ends too

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thats how DH & I eat ours, steak, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, mayo, mustard, and A-1 YUM!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

last night had some leftover pork roast and BBQ sauce, parsley potatos and cauliflower and broccoli. I never know what's for dinner until it's time to make it.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Think we need a new thread!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sword fish, blackbeans and rice, coleslaw.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

My black bean soup turned the carrots, potatoes, onions and celery black. It looks horrible. Doesn't taste too bad. Grrrr... still, don't think I'll be making it again.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

ended up with pizza. Watching a bowl game and it's snowing.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

New thread..
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1067826/

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Oops! put it on the new thread! (lol!)

This message was edited Jan 7, 2010 10:11 PM

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Sounds like you are really enjoying that! I saw that french sea salt today at the market. What is the difference from regular salt?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.