What's for dinner? Pt 2

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Chicken stir-fry tonight.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

chicken something here need to think about it

Thomaston, CT

Went out to lunch & had roast beef, mashed tatoes, & green beans----that means chicken soup for supper tonight. I swear, I'm cooking less & less----when I'm in FL I'll do more---

South Hamilton, MA

steak & peas

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Roast pork shoulder

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Split a box of mac and cheese with DS. DH has burgers, DD is at a party with friends.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

leftover chicken and sweet potatoes with broccoli

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The best thing I've had from a duck is the stuffing! Holly prepared a wild duck for us and stuffed it with an apple and nut stuffing, I think! The stuffing and gravy were better than the duck. Some one's baked ziti made me hungry for it Sunday nite, so...Tomorrow we have guest, so it will be Baltimore style crab imperial and fake Jambalaya. Chicken, shrimp and hot Italian sausage, ILO andouille and craw fish. Ric

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Crock pot chicken noodle soup tonight. Probably more broccoli too.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

pork loin with broccoli

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Looks like I need a bigger crock pot. Couldn't even fit the chicken in it. Using a dutch oven on the stove instead.

Fried chicken w/ white rice and red beans in a tomato base with diced pumpkin. Lightly steamed okra on the side.

North Augusta, ON

We were gonna have the leftover spaghetti from the other night that we'd frozen but I came home from town with a dozen do-nuts that I picked up for $5 and now we're too full for the spaghetti.

Do-nuts for supper ^_^

South Hamilton, MA

scollops

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

LOL Lee Anne!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

pizza, DH just ordered it.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Store-bought roasted chicken. Very good. Seasoned with bourbon.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

UMMM. Those are good.

Thomaston, CT

Extra 5 for dinner tonight, as DS invited himself & family over----threw together a beef stew, salad, chiabatta bread, & fruit salad for dessert---DIL brought some of her Grandma's cookies---even though she's Australian, she makes great Italian cookies.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

pepper steak with baked potatoes!!.. it rocked!!!

I started baking cookies tonight.. always fun trying to squeeze them in when christmas does not allow me a day off to bake

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I actually baked 5 kinds of cookies this year. Last year I didn't do any (but then I didn't do anything for Christmas last year). May try making macaroons today.

Pizza last night.

Thomaston, CT

Leftovers---thank God!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I don't know how many kinds of cookies I made but I sold 44 dozen, plus made 2 party trays of 10 dozen each and have 2 batches to go tonight.
Leftover spaghetti tonight.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Leftovers here too.

Wow, Deb!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

my back hurts thinking of baking 44 dozen cookies deb.

chicken again - this time in bread crumbs - wife had broccoli and i had some canned corn.

tomorrow big day - we will make lasagna with sauce from our canned t's, home made lasagna strips, bake an apple pie w/v. ice cream - in-laws for xmass eve dinner - and lots of red wine:)

North Augusta, ON

We had leftover sausages, mashed potato and brussel sprouts.
Figured we had better eat healthy after the do-nut dinner last night. Gave the spaghetti to Mom and DB.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i need to let my wife know mashed potatoes & sausages are heathy! :)

North Augusta, ON

oh but they are!!

especially when compared to do-nuts ^_^

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Holy Cow Deb, thats alot of cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I baked 80 Chocolate Chip, 50 Peanut Butter Blossoms, 2 Blackberry Cheesecakes, 9lbs. of chicken wings and 3 Tourtiere Pies. Will finish the rest tomorrow.

I forgot to eat. ^_^

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Bill, Mashed potatoes and sausage are only healthy if served with gravy and green veggies! LOL Ric
From a little earlier in MA:We finished our first diner tonight, it was sort of special with longtime friends. Tate's dad was a Navy Chief and cook and after he died they gave me his crab shaped baking ramekins. Tonight I served up a Baltimore Style Crab Imperial in them and followed with a New Orleans Style Jambalaya. Tate said I did his daddy proud! Ric

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

wha said:

Quoting:
- and lots of red wine:)

Well.

We'll need names, dates, measurements, and all the rest of the juicy details!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

very good john - depends on what my in-laws bring - for sure we will have greg norman's shiraz and possibly a passport shiraz - i will save the bottles and report back:) (the next afternoon)

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

I can't believe it took me years to figure out I could just take digital images of wine labels in order to pass the word on likes/dislikes. Lots of scraps of scribbled notes saved (or lost)...

Looks like tonight will bring another rendition of our holiday tradition:

•Fondue of emmenthaler and gruyère
•Caesar salad, produced tableside (à la The Brown Pelican, Frederick MD)

I always liked the little hairnets on the lemon halves squeezed over the salad preparation.

Pairing opportunities include a racy New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, though I might favor a Loire Valley Sancerre - this requires contemplation.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Sounds nice, VV! Do you have more wines than viburnums??

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

sounds like an important decision vv, when i have these deliberations i usually go with both

Thomaston, CT

Just us for Christmas Eve dinner---my stepson & his wife won't be here from Maine until 10 or 11 tonight---he had to work--so ravioli with pesto.

South Hamilton, MA

meatloaf tonight.
Deb, I waved as I passed your area last night on the NY Truway.

Jumper2

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I thought that was you!

White Castle! (I have an excuse... we went x-mas shopping! lol)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Christmas eve fondue, cheese and choclate, it's become a tradition at our house. Our extended family and friend for 30 years and their active military sons. It was as good as always, and really nice the boys were both home this year. They're oldest retires in May with 20 years Navy, and is considering a marine security job, a new and upcoming career field. He must love travel or have a wonder lust. This fella' should have been born in Hemmingway's day, he'd have fit right in. Ric

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.