What's for dinner? Pt 2

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Or use turkey. I made two yesterday, cuz I brought one to an elderly couple. She just had surgery and is recuperating.

It's easy - saw it on Rachel Ray
Just layer it all and heat through since everything is already cooked. a great way to use leftovers.

Victor, did you want me to send one? Hmmm... don't know how well it would transport.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

In this cold it should keep just fine.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

^_^

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

I remembered which Chai tea it was now.... Big Train Vanilla Chai. I've also not had luck with ones from the supermarket here.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

best chai tea i ever had was in nepal - have not found it anywhere else

You were in Nepal,Bill?!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i went three separate times - Annapurna, Everest region, and did a ring around the hills surrounding Kathmandu - thought i had mentioned that before here - Everest region was the best got up to 20,000 ft - had to climb this myself as the sherpa wimped out because there was 6" of fresh snow to climb up 3,500 ft - would love to go back again - really need min. 3 weeks - 4 would be better - have a great t-shirt that says "nepal is flat - little bit up little bit down" - which is what the sherpa's tell you when you ask them how high is the trail we are taking go.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Thats funny! What a nice trip Bill. How was the food? And the people?Pricey?

Pricey people??

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

the plane ride is pricing - although i used frequent flyer mile and sat up front:) This is a third world country, everything is pretty cheap or very cheap - you can not have a picking appetite - most of the people are very nice

Wow - you've traveled a lot, Bill. Ever been to Brooklyn?

Was this all with your last job?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

brooklyn is too dangerous

i've pretty much been everywhere except the middle east and Russia

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

I've been to Russia. You're not missing much.
Brooklyn has a bad rap like the Bronx. Its ok by me. Best food choices in the world. Cause some of everyone in the world lives there.

Thomaston, CT

Bill, read Three Cups of Tea---about the region & a climber who became a humanitarian. The best chai I had was in a tearoom in Salisbury, CT called Chaiwalla. Desserts weren't too shabby either. Tonight, chicken & broccoli stir fry & rice.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

will have to look that up - if it is about nepal then i can understand - the girl i was with ended up quitting her job and going over there to work for a non-profit for a year - it really had an affect on her, i ended up ending our relationship after that year - got sick of hearing about the decadent west - they have simpler lives than we do although they are still just people with good and bad - i ended up with a AK47 in my chest because of a corrupt guy who controlled the airport in the mountains bumped us off a flight out after being stuck there due to cloud cover for a week - someone had paid him off - i complained and the militia was called - ended up walking out

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Sounds like Florida! - Raise your voice a little and people 'freak out'! (lol!)

Don't you have to raise your voice in FL so all the seniors can hear you?!!

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

If you do they'll die of a heart attack! lol! (jk☺)

Wow wha ; ) Cool story! : )

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Very cool story. Amazing life, Bill. I'da passed out once I saw the gun show up.

Probably was a Yankee fan.

Thomaston, CT

Hey---quit picking on us seniors going to FL!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

well i actually did not raise my voice - girl i was with is from long island - and her NY jumped up and she started dropping f-bombs at the guy and broke down hysterical in tears - i calmly told the guy in my best clint eastwood that we were going to get in the helicopter or i was going to *&^%*&^ out of him - then the miltia man showed up with the rifle in my chest.

NYers don't swear.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

what the ------ are you talken about?!?!

This message was edited Dec 18, 2009 3:30 PM

^_^

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

looks like pizza tonight. DH is in the middle of his cookie baking!

North Augusta, ON

Spaghetti and meatballs.
1 lb of burger and some spaghetti will feed us for 2 days plus a meal for Mom and DB.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

leftovers

Pizza and boneless buffalo wings. Just finished.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Do you normally eat this early?

I'm eating the beef stew I made in the crockpot today. My kids won't eat it so I'm making them mac n cheese.. now.
The beef stew came out with, a real good flavor, but the meat is tender but dry!? The meat was sitting on top because someone told me to do it that way. Maybe that isn't such a great idea, though.
I am supposed to be going out to eat with my hubby tonight. Lol I couldn't help but eat some though. (I had to see if there was a very good reason the kids wouldn't eat it! :) I had to cook the meat before it went bad and besides I always like beef stew better the second day. I really want a Filet from either 99's or Tbones. : )

Never eat this early, but my wife is at her Christmas party and I have to bring my older one to a scout meeting.

South Hamilton, MA

Has he moved up to boy scouts? GS in MN has just reached 'star' I think. Hard to remember.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Roast chicken tonight.

I can be quite a difficult mom. If DS didn't like a particular food, I wouldn't offer something else unless he ate at least half of the undesireable. I know it doesn't work with some kids, but it worked great with mine. He eats anything and everything now. Kale, raw onions, raw fish, anything except McDonald's. They showed him "Super Size Me" in the 6th grade and now he refuses to go there even if he's starving and there's nothing else. Gosh, I love him.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm the same way, I am not a restaurant... you eat what I'm making for the rest of us.
Hopefully will work with my son, he's soooooooo picky.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

every two years i find myself is a position that i have to eat at a B. king or m d's - and end up regretting it every time.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Didn't cook the chicken long enough. Wound up being finished at MIDNIGHT! Guess I shoulda started earlier than 8:30. We'll eat it tomorrow.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Give it time, Jen. He'll learn to eat anything.

My little one is picky. There has to be one!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.