CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap #9

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Two few. sure got ya covered. Them two shoudl look pretty togethr I liek the Ivory ones. : )

Lebug.. No matter wher e a seed lands. if it viable it not gonna germinate til it has all three parts of a triangle. Moisture, temp adn environment. If any one fo the three is not exactly right you won't have germination or may have sparadic , but not healthy plants.

The only thing that I knwo is no matetr what the conditiosn they coudl be extremem at all ends and darn weed seed wil still sprout and thrive. Put your good see dout there and ya hope it grows and lives. Nevr have to worry abotu that with danr weed s that for sure. LOL

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Ella, I just shared your millipede story with my family. Too funny. You really know how to describe the scene (a good example for my daughter, who is really working on her writing skills in school now). Your son must really enjoy his mom's letters!

Kannapolis, NC

Ella, it's me again. I was overcome with pigginess when I saw Kim's list! Sorry I keep messing up the list thread. Duh.

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Hope everybody had a great turkey day. I just want to remind everyone that I have a large amount of Moonvine seeds and Castor Bean seeds and Datura Double Yellow. Dmail me if you want some.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Ella, just got home from work, stuffed myself second day in a row, and just HAD to check out daves garden. What a great story. I could just see you jitterbugging around the house. I know we're all looking forward to seeing the progress of all those black pots. We LOOOOVVVVVEEEE YOU !

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Tagates does any one have seeds for this? wanting one but thought i saw some offered but cant find it. maybe i just thought i did

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Imazadi. AJNTEXAs had Tageste s they listed if t hey still have some.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Closed my list and have sent packs of seeds requested from me to Ella.
Hope we all can find time to get winter sowing done and then to get those plants in the ground.
Looking forward to spring big time, and winter hasn't even started here in Wi.

Maxine

(Zone 7a)

I wasn't organized enough to put my wishes up with my wants in the first place, but nevertheless, may I request that everyone who did post wishes leave them up after they close?

Ya never know...

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I just got my wish list up last night. Oh, just thought of a couple of things I need to add to it!

(Zone 7a)

Thanks Neal. We often post wishes as we continue chatting in our piggy threads long after the annual swap is closed. The more I think about it, the better an idea this seems, because this way our wishes won't get lost in the threads. Some of us may have changes in where we live or how we might be able to garden even though we may not move, so all the better reason to do this, imho :)

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Got everything ready to go today, but keeping the box open for last minute oinks.....
Updated my quantities for what I have left.

It's so quiet here today, so going back to online holiday shopping :)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH geeze... not that i need more seeds... but patricia... can i have some

Heliopsis helianthoides
Lupinus perennis

Terese

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

lol, tcs... limit? You need to raise yours ;) lol

Star, that was a great story! I love your stories. I remember you telling us about your trip last year to the post office and I felt like I was in the car with you, lol. You have great creative wit :)!

Just checking in again... I did almost loose an arm Hemo! lol

tcs- you got it.

Patti- I have you covered on Pearly everlasting.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

hey, why didnt somebodies wake me up????? I gotta little list.....putting it up now...if it not toooo late.

Kannapolis, NC

I'm closing my list and will be preparing it for shipment on Tues. Snort!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

I will be closing my list on Tuesday. I am adding 4 packs of
Coral vine - Antigonon leptopus
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2050/

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Andrea -- I already have more seeds than i can sow... so i'm getting rid of the excess, and getting a few more... or at least i was trying to keep it at "a few" but i've obviously exceeded my limit, by a lot.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Hello ,
Everybody Star, Ella had a birthday yesterday , she is sick sing her a happy song.
She will be on later but she needs lots of hug's.
Love You,
Ella!!

Kannapolis, NC

Ella: Happy, happy birthday, you're such a darling girl; happy, happy birthday you are our shining pearl!

Feel better soon, Ella.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy Belated Birthday Ella. Hope you are feeling better soon.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Happy Birthday Ella!!! I really hate that you aren't feeling well, but hope your special day had a little excitement for you.. LOL... Hope you are feeling better.. girl you have had it lately

LOVES!!
Becky

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday, Ella! My Get Well Wishes are coming your way, too.

Thanks for your great story, too...glad to hear you won that one. Way to Go!
May this year be your best!
LuAnne

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday Star
Hope you feel better real soon
Hugs for Queen of the Piggies

>>

>>

(Zone 7a)

Wishing our Star
a belated Happy Birthday,
immediate recovery
& much love and joy in the year to come

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Happy Happy Birthday Ella! Hugs and good wishes!

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday Ella

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Morning Piggies!

Hope ya all had a good Thanksgiving , a sane Black friday and that your puter s don't crash for the biggest Internet Mondya shopping day. LOL

Hope your little piggie s tails and tootsie s hold up great.

JSXTIGER has thei r list up so check it out. : ) And expect some oinks from JSX too! : )

Thanks for the birthday wishes, ha d planne d on a quiet day with ya all , but ended up spending 13 hour s in hospital er. Thought maybe it wa s just something from the broncitis or whatever but got me a kidney stone that playing havic on th ebody. So wil be on and off and up and down til I get rid of the bugger. If any of ya have ha d one ya know it take s a bit to get it passed and the nauseous that come s with it. So don't panic if I don't answe r ya right away and have two funerals to go to today too if I cna manage it, and off to get meds, so may be gone til late rthis evening. Just have to see what body says

For thos e gettign ready to send in this is what you wil do now:

WHAT YOU WILL SEND ME:

1. Your seeds. added: Since I need to send back as many packs as people send in, I need some help counting. LOL! On the baggies that are tagged for certain people, I would like the number of packs you've enclosed for that person written on the slip of paper with their name so that I don't have to go rooting through to count them.

When sending your seed to me whether it be in a bubbler or a box. I highly recommend you put a confirmation sticker on your package. Confirmation stickers cost 80 cent. With cutbacks and such in the postal service it is best to be on the safe side, then to have your seeds lost in the mail. So far we have been lucky and all package s have arrived. But there can always be a first time. Last year we did have one that looked like an elephant sat on it and another one that looked like somebody put their fists through the box several times, but all seed were accounted for. Until I have received your seeds, those you asked for will not be sent out, unless you can provide me with a confirmation number. Then when they do eventually arrive, I can just mail them individually to the participants.

2. Return address label (or piece of paper I can tape) to use on bubble mailer/box you send to me. Please. Make sure your addie s are nice and clear for me to read. : )

3. Postage to return your mailer to you. : Due to the sheer volume, these envelopes or boxes will need to be sent back to you with delivery confirmations. This is nonnegotiable, so make sure in your postage you include an extra 80 cent to me unless your seeds are coming back in a priority box that will be a flat rate price of 5.65, which includes the confirmation sticker. Also, since last year, the size, width, postage & confirmation costs have gone up. Once you go over 12 ounces your package goes by zone and weight. Some of you will only be sending in a few seeds, as that is all you have for the swap, but you may be getting back 100’s of packets of seeds and in some cases bulbs. These seeds/bulbs not only weigh, but so does all the baggies, wrap, the cute cards and decorations some folks make on their seed packets , and little odds and ends that folks send along to go into the Piggy buckets.

If you have 100 packs or lots you expecting to come back, use postage for 13 oz. and consider sending the 5.65 and letting me just use the priority box that comes with confirmation and no labels needed.) added: If you want extra packs back, really, really consider that box! And pay attention to the postage amount you send me as it will cost more than what you sent in. Do not be stingy on this postage. . I will return any extra postage that isn't needed to each person.

Right now with the new postage rules, 13 ounces goes first class from my zone to yours, plus confirmation sticker of 80 cent. Any fraction over and your package automatically is considered priority mail and the price of 5.65 kicks in up to 16 ounces. Over 16 ounces then goes by additional postage of priority rate plus your zone. I don’t think we had as even as much as some of the boxes were stuffed went over the 5.65 price.

So , please, seriously consider sending the 5.65 for postage, for the priority box and it save s on rolls and rolls of tape and time too. I can easily return any extra postage, than trying to find more in my pocket. Survivors, no postage is needed from you. We hope you enjoy our gift to you and may you once again have a nice garden
4. A sheet of paper with your:
1. name,
2. address,
3. email,
4. DG name,
5. Number of seed packs sent, and number of seed packs wanted back
6. Description of your garden, and yourself as a gardener and grower from seed (new, middle, experienced.)
7. 10 things you want (no limit for Survior folks, though can't guarantee how many will be sent back),
8. 10 things you don't want, and
9. a list of the seeds you are sending of all the loose packs that are not earmarked for another player.

My addy is in the exchange. If you need it, dmail me and I wil giv e it to you. The above will be on the top of of the ne w threads a s they are starte d too, so it wil be easier for you to find.

Remember, just cuz it onyl costs you a coupel bucks to send in yoru package to me, it gonan cost losts more gettign them boxes back to you. So Please make sure there is plenty of postage to cover your boxes going back. Your packaga e may be only a few bucks comign to me but you have oinks, one for ones , wishes, and bottom of the barrel all comign back at ya. And don't forget confirmation stickers to me, and postage for one going back. I will not send any box back without one.

Make sure too when ya send your package that you let me know it been sent so I cna keep track and mark your seed have list so that folks now your lists are closed.

If once you have sent your seeds and if somebody happens to ask for somethign and it been sent in your one for ones or extras, you cna dmail me to pull it out for that person. Sometime s folks see somethign after the fact and I have no problem pulling a packet for folks and throwing it in their pile.

Now the fun part starts for me, seeds ..seeds and mroe seeds to wallow, roll and through. LOL. Thousand s of beautiful seeds. hehehehhehehe Onc e they all get here you wil a giant SUUUUUUUUUeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiii as I look aroudn at them all and feed your seed frenzies. : )

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Oppsie!

Lynn and Maxine. Ya posted on the bottom of the haves list if ya would soon a s ya get a chance, ya want to edit it off there if ya cna and post them posts on here, so they cna be seen. : )

before I forget the offical last day of oinking is Deccember 15th, and would liek everybody to try and get seed s to me by the 20th. Tha gets them her e before the mad package Christmas shipping . I hopign to get then all sent out at the first of the year. Sooner if I get done. So folsk that need to get winter sowing cna get right on it. This piggy wil work as fast as she can at em: )

good morning

happy birthday to you ella !! i hope you will be feeling better soon.

looks like i better get busy as dec is rolling around

pam sue

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Good morning everyone.
A belated Happy Birthday Ella - or maybe considering - it should be a happier after birthday! So sorry to hear you've been sick.

I've been meaning to go through seeds and post last minute additions, but have been distracted by other things. Will have to see if I get to it or not in the next couple of days.

I have oinked way more than I can possibly fit in my yard if they germinate. I'm hoping to find somewhere to plant the extras in the common space of the community garden after my small plot is full. We'll see, I guess.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

OMG! I missed Ella's birthday I didn't see it I always watch for birthdays I'm hanging head in shame!

Happy Belated Birthday Ella and hope you get rid of those stone QUICK! A heck of a way to spend your birthday and we are getting ready to make you work AWWWW!

I have seeds I'm still going thru and haven't even hit the crisper yet :)

I have some hibiscus seeds up for grabs just please dmail me so I don't miss your request I'll post them as I pick the ones with the holes out of them darn little weevils!

These are hardy hibiscus I have the zones on the rest of them but these can't find in the plantfiles if anyone can send me a link in the plantfiles I would really appreciate it :) I'm not picking out anymore seeds from weevils I've went crazy too much in the past with them I'm a bit of a eccentric when it comes to that with hibiscus seeds you are on your own with these just don't have the time but there are at least 25 seeds in each pack should be enough lol

White Dinner Plate with Red Eye these are huge blooms! Z 5-10?
1. 6.
2. 7.
3. 8.
4. 9.
5. 10.

White Texas Star ~ Swamp hibiscus ~ Z 6-11
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/113047/
1. 6.
2. 7.
3. 8.
4. 9.
5. 10.

Red Texas Star ~ Swamp Hibiscus ~ Z 6-11
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/162280/
1. 6.
2. 7.
3. 8.
4. 9.
5. 10.

Hardy Pink Hibiscus ~ Z 5-10
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/46952/
1. 6.
2. 7.
3. 8.
4. 9.
5. 10.

Dmail me for seeds I have to go to town to pick up my copy of deposition papers today and the grocery :)

SUUEEEEEEE!!!!

This message was edited Nov 30, 2009 11:21 AM

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Ella!

Just saw that I missed your birthday. Happy Birthday and I hope today is much better for you and that those meds kick in for the pain and nausea of those kidney stones. I have never had any, but know several folks that have and I know they are very painful. Thoughts and prayers for your healing. YOU ARE SUCH A TROOPER!

Sorry for your losses, also. If you're like me, even if you weren't particularly close to the people that passed, you hurt for those who are hurting. I sense that you have great compassion for people. If you were close to those that passed, I pray for your emotional healing, as well.

Love being sent your way!

Tonya --{-@

Fremont, OH(Zone 5b)

Do I understand this right?
all seeds are sent to one person and then that person distributes them per request.
For instance,I would list my seeds available on one forum, and then on a different forum I would list what I would like to have?Then this person sends them out accordingly?
This is a little confusing.
If I would see a person who wants what I have then I would still go through the original person but say that they should be sent to the one who asked for them?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

psssst... re: Ella's Bday... since its not in her profile, it wont show up in "the list" ... I knew it was in Nov, due to her userName.

>>all seeds are sent to one person and then that person distributes them per request.

Yes, when you have all the seed baggies packed up for each person that asks you for seeds... you box it all up and send it to Starlight1153

>>I would list my seeds available on one forum, and then on a different forum I would list what I would like to have?

YOU can do this all in one thread in the LIST thread... the one you originally posted on. YOu can list your HAVES up top, then your list of WANTS at the bottom... peek at others lists so you get the idea.

>>Then this person sends them out accordingly?

Yes -- every one will be doign the same thing... when someone OINKS [asks you for a particular seed] you earmark it for them... keep a running list - which is why many of us also use DMail to keep track ... then when the swap is over, you baggie up all the seed packets for each person, box it all up and send it to Star ... then she will get all the boxes in teh mail, divide them into everyones "pot" repack them up and ship them to all the participants.

>>If I would see a person who wants what I have then I would still go through the original person but say that they should be sent to the one who asked for them?

this question I dont quite understand.... But -- if you see a person who is "wanting" a seed that you have, you can contact them and say you have said seed and can set it aside for them.

all the sending and receiving will go thru Starlight.

Hope this was clearer than mud...

welcome to the nuttiness of the seed swap...

Terese

Hi Ella-
Happy Belated B-day! Hope you feel better soon!

Patricia

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Starlight, I'm sorry you felt poorly on your birthday! I hope you'll soon be right as rain.

Violap, I hope you'll be joining us next year! If you go to the first post on this thread, you'll see a link for "swap guidelines" -- that should answer most of your questions. Star and I tried to edit those posts so the how-to would be fairly straightforward, but since this is a mega-swap with several parts, it's still a lot to read through.

And yes, when somebody makes a request from you, you put a packet of that seed aside for them when you send in all your seeds. People will be sending boxes to Starlight that contain seeds in separate baggies marked with participants' names, as well as sending packets that she will divvy up according to people's wish lists & what she thinks they might like.

The more organized we are in sending in our seeds, the less overwhelming it will be at Starlight's end! I'm amazed by her organization & dedication... I think everybody realizes what a huge task she has. Remember, the more information you include on your seed packet (especially things like annual or perennial and hardiness zones... but color, height, and special things like edible or butterfly attractor also help), the less she'll end up having to look up in the end. So please take the time to look up your seeds in PlantFiles. :-)

Fremont, OH(Zone 5b)

I hope to be able to do this next year.It sounds like a lot of fun and also a lot of work on her end.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

violap -- if you are not joining us this year.... next year about mid-Oct or so... start peeking in the Piggy Swap Chat thread in the Cottage Garden Forum [just look for the pig image] ... we'll all be a buzz about the next swap. It seems a bit overwhelming to begin with... but it's a snap once you get the hang of it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.