CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap #9

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Greetings, Fellow Curly-Tailed Squealers! It's time for a new thread for our enthusiastic oinking and gleeful dancing.

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1056905/

Swap guidelines can be found at the top of this thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1052789/

The LISTS thread with haves/wants is here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1052786/

(Use the "find" function of your browser to look for names of seeds or names of participants... searching for your own name is a good way to count up your oinks.)

And here is a "list of lists" where you can find links to each participants list post: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1055851/

Happy Swapping!

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I be first. : )

Don't think I have seen lavender Monarda beore. That sur e soudns pretty!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

here is a pic of the blooms...

It's Wild Bergamot Bee Balm, Monarda

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that is so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) I think I need soem of that. Is that one plant or a bucnh together?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Ella... i think it's a bunch. those were winter sown, and i use the HOS method when they are like chia-pets. I have about 3 HUGE clumps of that .... will be dividing it a bit... though it does suffer from the mildew. It's a heavy reseeder, so i have it popping up all over... but some dies - i guess mild related... but i have no shortage.

I will certianly collect for next year.
I could even dig you up a small clump in the spring [you will have to remind me - or i can put it in my trade tracker] and mail you some -- then they would bloom in the spring/summer for you. I think they are later bloomers for me... July/Aug maybe.

(Zone 7a)

Hi tcs & star, I just discovered that I cannot edit my list of haves. Star, would it be okay for me to send in my seeds tomorrow? Because I cannot edit and need to minimize computer time for a while, it would mean a lot if I could send in my seeds tomorrow and to have my end of the piggy swap taken care of.

Hoping y'all will understand,
karen

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Good morning guys.

Bluespiral, you can't edit if you're getting to your list from the "list of lists", because you're just seeing a copy. If you find your list on the regular piggy swap list thread, you should be able to edit.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Karen.. Sure , yoru finals are important. Just make a bold post on her e , the seed swap and if ya cna do an edit on the regular have s list you may stil not be able too . So folks will knwo. you closign yorus yoru finals now.

(Zone 7a)

Perennial, one reason tcs made the list of lists was that I could not access the regular piggy swap list thread.

So you can see how much I appreciated tcs's help in making the list of lists available.

But at this point, I'm having quite a time crunch with my family situation and fervently hope that Star won't mind if I send in my seeds tomorrow.

I think Star said that some folks were just sending in their seeds without going through the Oink Process. My thinking was that I would do a modified Oink Process for some seeds, but not all under the circumstances. I really prefer to send the bulk of seeds I prepared for the piggy swap into Star. Those who choose to just send in their seeds without oinking will get surprises like regular swaps - not to mention saving time if they need to - and I think it's nice that this swap can give members choices like this.

Karen

Oh - sorry Karen. I didn't realize you were having access problems. Well before you leave us, can I oink for your astilbe "peach blossom" if you have any left?

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

I know lots of us here have calendula- but I'm still looking for a good home for mine (I have lots!). So if anyone wants some, here are some pics of the varieties I have (they are together in a mix) and the details on what they are are in my list posting (all organic seed and can be used for body/herb products).

Thumbnail by herbspirit
(Zone 7a)

Perennial - all the sorries are mine grrr, and the A. Peachblossom is yours.

Thanks to tcs's genius, I closed out my list by ta-da: editing it :)

Hopefully when the next piggy swap rolls around, 'pooter will be in tip-top shape.

From the bottom of my piggy heart, I can't thank you all enough for the help and understanding you've given me. Everybody have a happy and safe Thanksgiving,

Karen

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Karen -- i would love some
Lychnis coronaria (Rose Campion) mix of magenta and pink-blushed white -
if you have any left.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I should have asked this weeks ago, but does anyone on here happen to have this campula

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/85035/

or a small white one that is very similar to that??? My MIL received this campula in a gift basket and I was quite taken with it, but have not been able to locate it for purchase. It should be hardy for me, if I could just obtain some of it. Her's was bout 5" tall.....

I have a hard time keeping up with all the thread, so if you have this, would you please dmail me.

Thanks!
Genna

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

tcs, I would like some of your monarda, but if you are coming to the upper midwest round up near Madison in June will wait till then for a small start of it as you stated you have plenty.
Hope this meets with your ok?
Woke up this morning with sicatic pain this morning, got into the chiro. so now am not good for nothing with the headache and pains.
Storm coming in also so Fibro has flared up big time.

Maxine

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH... Maxine... yes, i can do that for you. That was one plant i was planning on doing that with.... the Monarda and Coreopsis Early Sunrise... i have A LOT of that too.

I'll add that to my trade tracker so i remember to bring some for you.

Thanks for the astilbe, Karen, and you have a good Thanksgiving too!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Put in a piece of the coreopsis early sunrise also, please.

Thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Maxine

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I think I had one or two last year... I know the Host [gosh i can't recall her name] got one -- her daughter picked it out.

but i'll mark that too in trade tracker.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

would anyone be interested in asparagus seed? I collected a huge bag of it this year, and just remembered that I'd brought it in to dry.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Cochie. Is that the Asparagus fern or the eatign asapargus kind. If it the eating kind. I oinking.

Piggies.... suuuuuuuuueeiiiiiiiiiii dinn dinn time.. : )

I just put abotu 30 differnt packets of seed that just arrive d from Kim _M. You cna look at them her e on

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7252688

Kim is in the bolde d black.

Get to oinkign and fil them bellies. LOL

colchie, if it's the eatin kind, I'm interested too.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

It is most definitely the eatin' kind! We had a side-by-side taste test this spring - store bought and home grown. The home stuff was way greener and tastier and much more tender! I know it takes 2-3 years before you really have good plants, but believe me the wait is worth it!

hoo-ray! yummmm! snort.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Star ... can i have 1 Scabiosa Butterfly Blue from Kim's stash.

Terese

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Evening all

Adding to my list - one lonely packet of 20 seeds
Aunt Brownie Fig Leaf Hollyhock

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/132194/

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

tcs.. sur e thing

Colchie. I oinking for them aspargus too sicne they the eatign kind. : )

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Aunt Brownie found a home !!
Thanks to mygypsyrose who taught me all I know about shameless
seed pimping.

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Star-

oinking for Kim_M's Agapanthus white and Foxglove Pams Choice.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

star oinking for

1 Agapanthus white
Mirabilis red Glw
Passiflora edulis wild
Passiflora carulea

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

opps herb oinked for the agapanthus.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

It's Wild Bergamot Bee Balm, Monarda pretty Tcs1366

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone, my DSL keeps going out so I may be slow to reply if anyone oinks. I'm at my parents now using their dsl.

Kannapolis, NC

Colchie: I'll take some of that asparagus off your hands, you dear little piggy, you! Th- oink you!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Yay! I'm so glad I can send the asparagus to good homes.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Sorry Terese lol I knew the thread had changed just forgot lol

Hey fellow piggies I added to the end of my list if anyone still has room from pigging at the trough!

Sorry it's taking so long to get my list together life getting in the darn way! I hate this people just don't understand I have to feed the piggies!

Send me a dmail for your request please and dmail me if I have missed anyone that I promised seed to oops!

I've got everyone covered that has dmailed me :) I'll update the list in a couple of hours with the names.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Lea -- can i have some Jubilee Gem ~ Bachelor’s Button

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Sure I got you! oink oink :)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

yanno.... and i've lost track of what i've oinked for. I bet I'm approaching 50. so much for not asking for a lot this year. happens every year. I should take the time [when i have it] to go thru threads and Dmails and see what i'm getting. I hope I have not asked for duplicates.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Colchie, I'd love to try some Asparagus seeds.

star, I'd love to try some Campanula takesomana ' Elisibeth', Eryngium ' Blue Star' Sea Holly, Nemophila Baby Blue Eyes, and Verbascum blattaria white.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.