CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap #9

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Colchie, how much room do you need for asparagus? I'd love to grow some... just not sure if I have the room? (4' wide bed)

Phew! Ok, I've edited my list. Created a 'promised' list so you can check me to see I have you down for everything you've oinked for! Also updated my oinks list.

Wallflower of the day: Cosmos Sensation Picotee! Sharing a large packet I bought this summer. Looks Gorgeous! http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/54911/

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Kelly, I'm thinking of doing about a 4'X4' or 4'X6' bed for asparagus. I think you've got plenty of room in the bed you mentioned. I may even add a few to the mixed, ornamental beds for a nice Cottagy look, and the mature fronds of asparagus are light and ferny- pretty among flowers and grasses.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Good morning everyone. My asparagus bed is about 20 feet long and about 2 1/2 to 3 feet wide. This just happened to be a spot where I had room, plus I can water with one soaker hose stretched out. My best gardening buddy, though just uses a smaller 3 by 3 area on the edge of her vegetable garden. I guess depends on how much asparagus you want to eat!
I really piled the compost onto this area, and replenished every year , they like it rich.

Wow! That's a lot of asparagus... I'm guessing? If you still have some seeds, I'd like to give it a try.. on the smaller scale :)

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Ohmygod!
I just found a whole new box of seeds I had put by for trading. Please stop on over to trough 2 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7231691

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm finally back online! ^_^

Colchie, Did you add some new stuff or did you just find more seeds of what is already listed? I just wondered because I didn't notice new stuff on that list. However, I think I may still oink a few more things off the original list now that everyone's had a fair chance at them. :)

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Morning! Well it mornign for me, just crawlign out of bed. LOL Got everybody that dmailed adn got everybody who oinek don here so far.

My neighbor has soem asparagus plants, he has then right ther e in the raine d be d with roses, cilantro and som eother herb and daylilies all in the same spot. Wild combination, but they all do well there.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Nevermind Colchie, I see the new stuff now. I guess I was over eager and looked before you got it updated.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Sorry about that . I posted that I had new stuff, and then added it to the end of list as "trough 2", Check again. Should be there now.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Colchie. Oinking for is ya stil have Silver Shield
Indian Corn and Dipper Gourd

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hemophobic. Sorry . ya posted a oinkign request on the bottom of the seed swap lists. when ya get a second cna ya edit it out please. The excitment of mroe seeds, hehehe ya foget wher e ya are. LOL : )

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

colchie, I'd love to try your variegated snapdragon and snag some of your California Poppies. I somehow missed the seeds on my CA Poppies this year, and was checking regularly! They were so vibrant and easy to grow, I'm never gonna want to be without them now.

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Just about to post another 2 packs of tricyrtis "taipei silk." Ya gotta do a nice squealy oink for these.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Gemini - how much poppy seed do you want? would a truckful do?

Kannapolis, NC

Ella: I'll take care of that asap.

PM, oh, oh, oh, I really need some of those Tricyrtis Taipei Silk in my trough! I've oinked you by d-mail.

Ansonfan: Sent you d-mail oinking for the following seeds:

Gaillardia Arizona Sun
Tanecetum
Lemon Balm
Thai Basil
Verbascum Southern Charm

Whee! This little piggy is fat and happy.

This message was edited Nov 24, 2009 5:01 PM

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Adding 3 packs of Texas Tarragon/Mexican Mint Marigold - Tagetes lucida
to my list.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/318/

http://www.bonnieplants.com/tabid/128/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/162/categoryId/54/How-to-Grow-Texas-Tarragon.aspx

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

oinked ya back, hemo. ya got em.

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

I just added a few things to the bottom of my list.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7232691

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

I need to pick somebody's gray matter please. I snitched some berries from some variegated liriope at the docs office today and I wonder if anybody knows about processing them.
Never Mind I Found What I Needed <<<:)>>>

This message was edited Nov 24, 2009 9:58 PM

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

AJ, I'd love to try those Tagetes lucida- how cute and lacy they look!

colchie, a truckload will do fabulously!....but a teaspoon will be just fine, LOL.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Ansonfan, I'm oinking for the Verbascum Southern Charm too. Somehow I missed that one.
Thanks Hemo for oinking for it and letting me see the error of my ways.

I used to have a bed of asparagus, then planted over it. Over the years I've managed to kill off all 8 plants except one. I let the stalk grow and have big airy light branches. I read somewhere that gardeners used to grow it for the branches (not just food), for flower arrangements, which I do use in my bouquets for my home. Very pretty.

Since most of us will be busy tomorrow, I'm just going to wish all of you a
Very Happy Thanksgiving

"Reflect upon your present blessings,
of which every man has many--not on your past misfortunes,
of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

I'm thankful for all of you.
Your sharing of your seeds and your knowledge.
Your friendship and caring.
Your jokes, smiles, and heartbreaks.
I'm thankful to have met, even in this limited way,
a group of people who share my love of growing seeds and life.
sharon

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Hello everyone and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my favorite piggies. Wished I could have joined you for this one, but I haven't even had time to turn around and change my mind these past 6 months. However, I will have time in the next week or so to go through and pull seeds to send in for all you to snarf up. I'm kind a donating to the cause so to speak.

Also,I haven't had the time to go through and find out when all the boxes are supposed to be sent and who to, so would someone kindly let me know.

I'm just going to send them the way they are so my name won't be on most of them. I'll just let the hostess do as she pleases with them.

Besides working my little curly tail off all summer, I started 3 new gardens. A Welcome garden with anything goes in it ( so far only about 15 different plants) it's the newest one and sits at the top of my drive just before the circle drive. Another is almost finished, It's my Red, White and Blue garden, I just have to put a border around it. And the third one is my purple and gold. I just have to put more mulch around it.

I also started a strawberry patch and an asparagus patch. All this along with my huge vege garden which we got in kinda late due to the rains this spring. We had loads and loads of cucumbers, beans and tomatoes up until the end of Oct. So of course I did lots of canning on my time off.

You know I sure have missed all of you. It seems I've missed out on a whole year listening to what has happened with everyone's families and their gardens. I hope I can catch up. I haven't even had time to do any swaps. Now that's bad, I'm having withdrawal symptoms worse and worse everyday.

This is long enough, I'll stop now before my oinker starts weeping.

Kannapolis, NC

Toofew: thank you for the CD quote. It really is a great philosophy and one I need to adopt. Glad I could help with the Verbascum!

I, too, wish you all a happy and satisfying day tomorrow, spent with family, friends or neighbors. We enjoy a rich bounty of blessings, even in these trying times.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Robyn... good to see you... and sounds like you had a BUSY year.

I'll be busy cooking today - then tomorrow i can just toss it in the oven. that's one of the best things about lasagna.

the latest seeds have been quite tempting... but since I am really running out of room... i have to take a pass... i counted all the swaps in Dmail -- and i'm over 50 seed packs... which is way over the 20 limit I set for myself.... i have no control.

I'll echo what toofew said.... Happy Thanksgiving everyone.... and to those who are traveling this weekend... safe travels.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Too few. greatsaying. Thansk for posting it.

Robyn... I in the exchange. Know ya busy as all get out, just send the stuff ot me soon as ya get it ready and I'll tak eit from there. if ya can get here by middle of December at least would be great. Awwwww you been missed, but knwo ya got lot s goign on and we'll be stil here waitignon ya soon a s ya find tiem to sit back and catch yoru breath. We miss ya too. : )

tcs.. Girl ya need to totally los e control. Heck it the oen time a year ya cna let the hair down and go hog wild. Wiggle that littl eoinke r and get it to work hehehehehhe

I know some of our piggie s are on the road and others out busy gettign ready for the Holiday.

Sending Blessing s to ya all and yours. May your day be filled with joy, laughter, peac e and love.

Yep Sharon. you about said it all. The piggy swap fun for gettign and giving sed, but the whole joy is the formation of ne w friendships that we wil carry on through the years in our daily live s and gardening endevors.

For those of you I may not see tommorrow or the next few days and those I will. Have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I would love to try some of the aspargus if you have any left...... I have NO IDEA how to grow aspargus, but my family loves it - so I am willing to give it a try!

Would love some of the picotee cosmos if still available as well.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Genna

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Gemini, got you have Tagetes lucida in your trough.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks AJ!

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I just want to jump in here and wish every one a safe, loving and peaceful Thanksgiving!

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving ^_^

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Same with me.. no matter how busy we get , we are so fortunate to live in a land that has no repercussions about our faith, and one that has freedom at the top of the list!! Hoping and praying that each of you have a Wondrous Thanksgiving!! Full of family, good friends, GREAT FOOD, and fond memories!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Happy Thanksgiving all

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

May your Thanksgiving be full of good company, great food and lots to be thankful for.

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

I'd like to share the last verse of the song
'We Gather Together' and wish all a happy day.

Remember to pray for our troops.
And drive safely :)

We all do extol thee
Thou leader in battle
And pray that thou still
Our defender wilt be
Let thy congregation
escape tribulation
Thy name be ever praised
O Lord make us free

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Genna, I've got you down for the Cosmos Sensation Picotee!

Kannapolis, NC

Amen, Ansonfan, and Thanksgiving wishes for everyone. God has blessed us richly.

hi all
have a blessed thanksgiving
pam sue

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Wishing A Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.. Enjoy the food family and fun and at the end of the day dont forget to give thanks to the Lord for all the things He hath allowed us to enjoy.. Trish

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.