Getcher Fresh Confessions right here!!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

gosh who knew dying could be that much fun? lol

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I guess I meant our garden plants have died.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow, truly beautiful sky pics, Soferdig! Too beautiful for a mosaic shot I think... can you post them individually? Pretty please?

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

one

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Two these of course are different.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Two, these of course are different.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Big mouth with angry eyes.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Color leaving

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

My French eyed one.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I am lying in her hair photographing down to her belly in distance. LOL

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

The hand of the wicked witch of the West.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Last one tonight. I have many. Sunset. Where is the Red tail hawk that was there all day?

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

All fabulous, Sofer, but the "Hand of the Wicked Witch of the West" is incredible, and that is a great title. Please enter that in the DG photo contest!!!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Steve, thanks for kind words. You surely did take some beautiful Sunset pictures. Glad to know where Island Mtn. is, never heard of it before. My tooth is temporarily back in place. now for the bridge work. It is raining here now.

Donna

Santa Fe, NM

I like them all, Sofer. Beautiful country and glad you took the time to post them!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks Sof for posting theses. Simply gorjus!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes indeed and also gawjus!

Reno, NV

Those are great photos Sofer. Excellent cloud watching.

I climbed the roof this summer. Went up to watch the Blue Angels fly. Best view from up there. Hard part is getting down.

I confess that it's been a nutty week. Mufasa is 5-6 ish. Had to take him to the vet last week. Had an infected sist on his face. He doesn't like vets, had to be sedated. Bloody expensive. Oh well.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

That does not sound like a fun trip to the vet. Cosmo just went because he has an ear infection, but DH is big enough to hold him down. He said there was some deep growling though...

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Hope Mufasa is feeling better and that your wallet heals quickly too...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Growling is good; Quiet is bad for best friends with owies or sickness IMPO. I am always encouraged if the COC growls when I'm checking out an owie. Sof might have a different take though (snorkel). Hope Mufasa is back to wagging and Cosmo is back to painting ^_^

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

DON'T SAY THAT!!! Cosmo is not, I repeat NOT, allowed to paint anymore.

But he is happier now and is even fairly peaceful when I put gunk in his ears. No growling at all. Of course he knows he is in deep trouble if he growls at me, not allowed. But he is not even trying to crawl under the chair and hide.

How's Mufasa?

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I've noticed my Animals figure out that they get better when I have to give them meds or ointments or something. They may not like it, but they seem to appreciate that it is going to help with their current ailment.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Aw I'm quite fond of the inspired red touches Cosmo adds to your paintings mulch although you never show (hint, hint). Funny but I encourage COC to growl but then I also encourage him to throw up and actually praise him when he does. A good upchuck a day keeps the intestinal furrball bungup away as I always say.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dave-who-is-Dave thankfully we are blessed with the trust of our dear friends who don't speak human. They know we wouldn't mess with them if we didn't have to.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Our dogs think medication (orally) is just a big treat, because it's buried in peanut butter. They LOVE it. Ear drops... not so much.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Dogs are a tad easier to medicate than cats. On average.

Some years ago the question of whether Cats had belly buttons came up. I was of the opinion that they did. My daughter thought they did not. We decided to prove it one way or the other and went and got the cat. We did not succeed in proving the matter either way, deciding shortly after starting that the attempt would likely be futile and painful. The same cat tolerated medications and cleaning out an infection, so she knew when we were messing with her and when we were helping.

Santa Fe, NM

Birds do not like to be "messed with". They can tolerate some handling but it requires finesse and careful procedures. Parrots can be easier than the smaller birds, or Not. They are like feathered little children who might bite. I don't know what Sopher thinks, he would be the expert. But, with birds, I've found they can heal best if they are not disturbed too much and kept warm. Ours love light and Vivaldi or Bach. They do not like dissonant or very loud music. What they love is when people are conversing in "their" room and sitting down. Birds like to be high! They like to mimic our inflections and rhythms of speech. It's really funny! No wonder they can learn to talk.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

People like to immitate birds too! I've wondered what the birds (or other animals for that matter) think when we've managed to imitate them well enough to have said something in their language.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Well, I can tell you what happens when I utter a realistic "meow". Most dogs look around for a cat. Most people look around for a cat. It's especially funny when there actually is a cat. Everyone is looking at the cat, and the cat is looking wisely at me.

Meow (also spelled "miaou") was actually my second language, before I learned French.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Ahhh, so true, Picante! Rat Cat has a very specific voice for 'I'm hungry' (or 'feed me') which I have become very good at imitating! And yes, I feed her after repeating her request! But, she has a completely different cat vocabulary than my cat Luna... which I can also speak quite well after 16 years with her...

Santa Fe, NM

My D.H. carries on whistling conversations with our birds. They are near a window and sometimes they talk to the outside birds, especially in the summer when the window is partly open. I don't like having birds in a cage but these two have proven to be totally freaked if they are let out. Likely to get hurt. I've had ones that were more tame and had better sense. They could navigate without constant supervision but these two are not the brightest birds around. Or maybe they are just more circumspect. Working out karma from their past lives!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

COC speaks both cat and human although his human sounds like cat. He thinks its rude to talk to him in cat when he is speaking human. Visitors can get very confused.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

If a cat spoke human to me, I would likely be confused too.

Reno, NV

Lol! You guys sure know how to brighten a day:). Hope Cosmo's doing better. Mufasa is much better. The vet was all concerned about me putting stuff on the wound to help it heal, Made me laugh because he doesn't growl or bite me or DH. Doesn't like it but he knows that we're pack and he trusts us. Typicaly the meds just get stuck in a little bit of hot dog or baloney. That pup sure loves baloney.

My little girl kitty has a thing about whistling. She run right over makeing all sorts of noise and run back and forth on you purring her little heart out. If my honey does it she trys patting him on the lips. Strange kitty.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I've seen that before - patting you on the lips when you make certain strange noises.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here we go over the rainbow to the punkin patch http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1051892/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.