Getcher Fresh Confessions right here!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well I just turned up my puters ears and talked to it and it just sat there like a lump so either it is hearing impaired or does not translate dahliaspeak. Probably both.

Reno, NV

Lol. I can never get the automated ones to hear me.
This is the before photo of Mufasa

Thumbnail by duchessdreams
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

awwwwwww Welcome to your new home Mufasa awwwwwwww

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

oops crossposting duchess. He HAS healed so much since the before pic.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Nice duchess. All the dogs and cats I've owned have been adoptions of abandoned or lost ones. I can't see buying them in a pet store when thousands of them are put to death for lack of a home.

Santa Fe, NM

Oh, he was so skinny, poor thing. He looks much better now. I would never buy a dog in a pet store but if I wanted a certain breed of animal I would buy one from the breeder and check out the home place. That way you can avoid "puppy mills". Or, in the case of birds, people who steal them from other countries. But, the whole concept of adoption, whether dogs, cats or human beings is a nice one.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oh Golly! That is the most adorable pup, Duchess.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Dnut, if you were here, my computer would transcribe your Dahliaspeech. But it would not translate it. For one thing, machine translation programs want you to tell them which language to translate into. And of course, Duchess pointed out that the results are hilariously entertaining. That's why we translators are still in business.

Reno, NV

:) I'm so proud of my pup. Totaly one of the rescue stories. He had a massive skin infection that no one had caught when we got him. Mostly blind from being out in the desert too long, scars all over, and was under weight. Now he's my sweety that comes and litteraly lays at my feet in the evenings.

Yup Picante. Programs aren't going to take over the bussness anytime soon. Tho I love sending random translations of emails to my cousin.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Your pup certainly appreciats you, duchess. I get that from one of my cats. He likes to sit on my lap when I'm at the computer. Not any other time, though. Makes it harder to type. Can't use speech software either or my posts would be full of extra rrrr's.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

You should be proud duchess! What a wonderful happy ending! The COC has been banned from the nearness to the puters after he send a DMailBlast asking for 'treets and 'fud'.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

??What's a DMailBlast?? Is that something COC could teach us how to do?

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

What a sweet boy Mafusa is! He is both lucky and smart to have found you!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Apparently dear picante you can set up a group list and DMail to a bunch of people at the same time. Who knew??? Initially I got turned on to this when I started getting dmails from the Pet Forum in response to COC 'treet' request and then I got some others. I bet there is a FAQ in our DMail about how to do it.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Duchess, Mufasa is such a fine sweet looking dog......... good for you, good for both of you! Nice to see.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

What a precious puppy face! How old is he, Duchess?

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Duchess, good for you taking care and giving love to the deserted puppy. I am sure it really loves you now. My small Llasa is having old age health problems. I give her the best care I can. She is 10 years now and a very good dog. Doesn't like to ride in car, so is happy at home by herself.

Here is a picture of the road I live on and looking north across a narrow valley of orchards, not in the photo. Called Horse Spring Coulee, All I saw on the road was deer hunters.

Thumbnail by rutholive
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

You can understand why this is called desert country. In the near foreground is a very old one-room schoolhouse, Horse Spring Coulee School. the red buildings to the left are what is left of one of the homesteads.

the canyon in the distance is on the other side of the narrow valley.

Donna

Santa Fe, NM

Nice place to live. Very attractive to those who like the desert. I'm glad our roofers didn't come Monday because it has been hailing and pouring rain this afternoon. The trees are losing their leaves fast. I walked a lot this afternoon with two friends and we got back to our cars just as the rain started to fall!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Nice timing for a hailstorm!

Santa Fe, NM

Hail storms always come unexpectedly, though. It was warm today and the storm clouds came rolling in. It was quite pretty. Our leak in the roof is dripping away and I have to remember to dump the bowl it is dripping in to.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Did anyone read today's article on fractals in nature? I confess I was fascinated.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I took a look at it. Certainly an interesting way to look at the world. I took a course in chaos theory. My take is that we learned a few things that might help us capture a surface level view of a complicated phenomenon that appeared chaotic, but once you got a piece you had the start of an awareness of the organization that was there.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the heads up, Picante! I read it and also downloaded that Tierazon thing but have not explored it yet.... haha what with moving and trying to set up new computer and also this being the busiest week of my regular work month, my head is a bit spinning with tasks......

but, I confess, there will soon be pictures to share of the new garden. ;-)

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

Ooh Kyla, that will be fun to have before and after photos, or time lapse. I tried to that when we moved to the new house but I missed a lot of things. Still, it's fun to look at the old photos and see how much work you've done in the garden.

For those of you east of Nevada there might be some more wet weather headed your way. It's been fairly stormy here and this morning there was enough humidity to make dew (and frost). That's kind of unusual around here.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oh, we can always use some moisture! Send it on.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

It's spooky foggy here today. Very Hallowe-enish.

Santa Fe, NM

First snow fall in town today! It is really more of a slushy rain, not sticking. We've had snow in the higher elevations earlier. It is dark and wet here. Roof leak has grown worse but glad the whole roof isn't off right now. I wonder when we will get 2 weeks of dry weather before December. Seems kind of dubious.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Very wet and chaotic here as well.

Santa Fe, NM

Good on both! Because wet is always necessary and chaotic is the normal state of things. I hope you are not having leaks and flooding.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

None so far.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I hope my roof is set for the coming cold weather. I had the fellow who works for me put ice preventing electrical tape of the north side of roof, V's about 20 inches from eaves trough up and in the eaves trough. Wish I could get up high enough to take pictures, but I don't at 83 years, do much ladder climbing.,, Neither of us had ever had anything to do with that kind of weather-proofing, so am not sure it is installed correctly.

Our weather has settled back down to typical (what ever that is) fall weather. not quite freezing at night , mid-fifties for daytime, a little rain now and then.

Donna

Santa Fe, NM

That's about like we are supposed to be for the next few days. No news from the roofers. D.H. will have to call them. I don't climb up on the roof to inspect things even though I could physically because I have no idea what proper roofing should look like! They could tell me anything and I'd be nodding and frowning but it would be fairly obvious, I'm afraid. Not a roofer. I did help carry shingles one summer in my mis-spent youth. I think that was how I got a hernia. I was, like, 26, or something. I'm supposed to be careful about lifting and especially doing things like pushing cars, in case the other side goes. But, so far, so good. You probably shouldn't be climbing on your roof, Donna! : )

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Best to leave roof climbing to someone young.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Unless you have a really good and not altogether practical reason for roof climbing. Two or three years ago I kept the stepladder on the front porch all summer as I could quickly get on the roof to photograph skies I liked, in any direction without obstruction.

It is a testament to how used to me the neighbors have gotten that they hardly raised an eyebrow.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

You must be young, mulch.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I just like to keep my head in the clouds...

Santa Fe, NM

That's a good place for it.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I got to see Donna on Sunday while hunting near her home. Didn't get to the garden cause we all have died here with our very cold weather. But did have a great time talking gardening and stories of the Tonasket area. All over great Mexican food. Donna you are an angel thank you for dinner. This is collage of the clouds on Saturday night from the top of Island mountain.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Santa Fe, NM

Very beautiful clouds, Sofer. Sounds like you had a good time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.