Getcher Fresh Confessions right here!!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

New threadsville happening even as we speak!

sorry, no pictures though.

Full confession to come.

the old thread was here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1029249/

This message was edited Oct 10, 2009 5:06 PM

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

And, I confess I have missed you guys!

I am still working with a funky Dell substitute computer that is slow and cranky and dinky does not let me work with photos. This will change as of mid Oct when I will be getting my Mac replaced. It was a mess, but I am reconciled to the waiting now, able to do basic stuff on this, just not all that fun and can't really work to full capacity.

and no pictures. Oh, I could probably figure out a way to download pix on this but do not want to take the time as it really is a temporary situation. Had a hard time stopping taking them though.........

In other news, and more important for a gardener, I confess, I have been so fed up with the "attitude overload" from my neighbors with whom I share this property, that when a chance to share a house with another friend opened up I jumped at it.

So we are househunting for a good rental together, her situation is the house where she lives is going into foreclosure and so the cottage that is her dwelling will go with it........ so anyway, it all sort of came together.

Sad to be having to leave my garden, instead of expanding it as I intended........... but much can be moved (plants, compost both finished and not finished, containers) and between the two of us we can afford a place where we can both spread out and I will be able to garden without the "boundary pressure" I have been attempting to navigate all this year.

To me this is actually the beginning of the gardening year, preparing for the next growing season, so I am in a bit of a hurry to know where I will go and at least plan.

Right now we have applied at two places, very very different, but at each one I will have plenty of room and a free hand.

that is going to feel marvelous.

so that's my news. I will likely not be in here real frequently at least til I get new computer, but had to at least give this update and take the time to check out all the threads, haven't done that yet but it is my treat for this evening. ;-)

ciao til next,
Kyla

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Kyla, I'm sending all kinds of positive thoughts your way to help you find just the right home for you and your garden. Life is full of change and challenge... big hugs to you! ♥

This message was edited Oct 10, 2009 7:39 PM

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Glad you're back Kyla. Good news on the move. Living with people who want to divide rooms or yards in two instead of sharing can be miserable. I can't imagine someone asking me to plant veggies in "my" space that I wasn't using and being so thick as to say "no" instead of "do I get some?" Hope the place you find is nice.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Did that really happen? That is very thickheaded, indeed!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

hahaha did that really happen? not perzackly, but mighty close.

I have avoided telling those stories cause I just don't like how it feels when I get activated by the unfairness yet can do little or nothing about it, so have tended to do my best to be in my space only and co-exist bearably and peacefully.

thank goodness we do not actually share a house or rooms, though I do share washer and dryer -- I like to do my laundry when they are out of town.

Been pretty squeezed as to garden space and offered zero storage while they have both a garage and a fairly large shed........... but, gosh, they NEED all that. (*sarcasm*)

so let me not get started on it, and thank you all so much for the good wishes.

Santa Fe, NM

Kyla, I'm sending you lots of good thoughts on your house hunting. And I can't wait 'til you get the computer fixed. We miss you around here.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

thanks and me too, this one hurts my eyes too much to use for long stretches.........

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Welcome back, if only briefly, Kyla. It has been all too quiet without you here. I am delighted to hear of your new housing projects and I do hope you get moved before too long -- so you can get your new garden going. Sorry you have to use such a miserable computer, but at least we get to hear from you from time to time. I too will be sending your good thoughts for house hunting and computer fixing. I will miss your photos until you get your new computer.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

By the way, Kyla -- how did we get by without our official new thread starter all this time? Glad you are back for so many reasons.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Kyla, you must have had a lot of forbearance to deal with the yard mates. I am sure you will greatly enjoy having a free hand in your new home!

I am feeling better this weekend after a hard week, by no means normal, but better. I was not planning to do the antibiotics this week but the body took a nosedive and that was that. Monday they do the surgery, which is pretty much going to demolish feeling good for the rest of the week. So I am hastily trying to do everything I need done by Monday. I won't get it all done, but doing what I can.

That may even include potting up those poor geraniums still languishing in the five gallon bucket. I think at least one of them may have died. Sigh. I can only do what I can do.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

That's right Mulch... don't beat yourself up about what doesn't get done, you have to take care of yourself first. Good luck with the surgery, still sending healing thoughts your way. I'll bet you will be so glad to have this behind you and on the road to recovery!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Kyla, hope everything comes together so that you have a better place to live and your computer problems are solved.

Mulch and prayers for you and your impending surgery, hope you will feel much better soon.

It is very cold here, broke many coldest for date records, yesterday and today. 18 degrees which is way too cold for this time of year. Everything that I didn't get moved inside is now frozen. We had such dry weather that the trees did not change color nicely and now after the deep freeze will drop.

I left a sprinkler running night before last this is what happened. I didn't expect such a really cold night. There was and is still ice hanging from tree and shrub branches.

Donna

Thumbnail by rutholive
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh my! That looks very, very cold! Stay warm!

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Not good for October.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Mulch, I propose that you & I head off to French Polynesia as soon as you are well enough to travel. We'll spend the winter there getting our energy back. We both need to get away from the tyranny of "too much to do and not enough energy to do it".
We'll be the skinny white babes on the beach.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Great idea, picante. I would like to join you if you wouldn't mind a "pleasingly plump" white babe on the beach along with you.
I will be going to Mississippi on Friday, though, so I might have to fly out of New Orleans to meet you in, say, Papeete -- or LAX if you fly through there.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Picante, Not a bad plan unless you are expecting me to lose a lot of extra pounds while I am recovering, which, of course, may happen. Otherwise you have to handle the skinny part yourself. The white part Paj and I can handle.

Actually, I am thinking of Mexico in February, a CCT birdwatching whale watching let's just have some fun trip that I have provoked into being planned. Since I triggered it, I should certainly show up for it I think...

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, Mexico whale and bird trip sounds great! But what is CCT?

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Crystalline Consciousness Technique, which Gia and I co-founded. February will be the fifth anniversary of its founding so I suggested a CCT gathering of teachers and practitioners to celebrate and it quickly evolved into a gathering somewhere warm, then adding the bird tour and whale watching.

Santa Fe, NM

That sounds like an excellent plan for recovery! Birds and whales. I'll be thinking of you Monday and sending healing energy your way, as I know we all will. It should be a piece of cake! Uh Huh. Maybe. Ultimately. Pajarito, enjoy the farm! It will be so nice to be in humidity.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

PJ, I'd love to hang out on a beach with you, white or not. We may have to go it alone if Mulch is migrating to Mexico. Not that I have anything against Mexico -- au contraire!

That's very odd, Mulch. Your presence is slender. Methinks any extra pounds may have been helping you tuck away toxins in safe places. Weight loss in those circumstances can trigger detox symptoms. Something you don't need right now at all.

Dental work tends to overwork the adrenals. If yours are very fatigued, you may need low doses of hydrocortisone (up to approx. 40 mg is a physiologic dose, i.e., what your adrenals would normally make). You probably know this, but high doses of cortisone are harmful over the long run.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Being a creature who enjoys excess, I want to do both Mexico and French Polynesia this winter and will definitely enjoy hanging out in the Southlands for a couple of weeks, doing nothing but eating ( hence the extra pounds) and gardening.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Ah, it is nice to read all these lovely posts......... Ruth, goodness, what a freeze, a flash freeze. Yow!

Mulch, my dear, do be well........... and definite congratulations on the upcoming 5th Anniversary and whale watching trip, wonder if you might actually meet up with the mysterious Prince of Whales, who, I have been given to understand, made an all too brief appearance in the History Notes recently......... or was that just a dreeeeeeeeeeemmmmm????

Paj, have fun with the various excesses of pleasure that flow your way. As I know you shall.

I met with the landlord and landlady of one of the potential new places today, along with potential housemate, to deliver the rental application......... they were all talking like it is a done deal so maybe it is. Will let us know officially tomorrow.

This place has an already well established garden. The owners lived there for 12 years til about a month ago. They hope for a tenant who will take care of it. I found it a touch intimidating at first as I do not want to live under expectations about how to garden and how not to -- and caring for someone else's creations.

However, they both assured me repeatedly that I can do whatever I please with it, move and change stuff etc. Plus they offered help. Plus there is an installed and functioning irrigation system plus they pay for that because they want the garden kept watered.

gee.

I will let you all know when I know.

Santa Fe, NM

It does sound a little intimidating! I bet you will make good use of the irrigation system, though, and have a beautiful garden and a more pleasant living situation.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

there will be pictures, one day. ;-)

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Kyla, what a great prospect!

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Nice Kyla. I would plan bite-sized modifications so the owners don't panic. Nice to have a place you can work on.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

Hi everyone,
We just got back from Utah this weekend and I apparently have a lot of catching up to do. Big hugs to Roybird and speedly healing to Mulch. Kyla, I'm sending good vibes to your prospective landlords. I don't know how my garden would survive without it's irrigation system so an existing one is a major bonus in my book.

I confess we had a great time in Utah, hiking and scrambling on rocks and driving down scary dirt roads on the edge of cliffs. Then we got home and the next day I walked out my front door and slipped on the icy doormat and broke my toe. At least it's my left foot so I can drive myself to work, but no bicycle for a few weeks :(

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh, Katlian, so sorry about your toe. That must be very painful. Thankfully, our bodies are amazingly good at healing (written by the girl that broke a finger and a foot this year... both all better now). Hope you've got some pics of Utah to share... where exactly did you end up traveling to?

Santa Fe, NM

Thanks, Katlian. I hope you took pictures of your trip because Canyon lands in Utah and the general Moab area is on my list of places in the west where I want to go! I bet it was beautiful. Which toe did you break? Ow! It really does hurt. I broke two toes once but no feet, fingers, or other appendages yet. Brenda, quite a busy year.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Yes, and I had never broken anything before. Worst I had done was jammed some knuckles when I was a teen doing gymnastics.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

It's the big toe, right below the base of the nail. You never appreciate your toes until you can't use them and realize how useful they are for walking.

We made a big circle through all the national parks (except Grand Canyon). The farthest east we went was Moab. We decided to go to Mesa Verde another time since part of the park is closed this time of year. We took a lot of photos (2600+) and now we're faced with the monumental task of sorting through all of them. If you're thinking about going to the Needles district of Canyonlands I would highly recommend the Running Iron Inn/Linecamp Steakhouse. The owner and grillmaster, Bob, is very entertaining and the rooms were quite nice and only $50 a night. Once I get some good photos picked out I'll start a thread for them.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Sounds like a really nice trip. That is a beautiful part of the country.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

A friend emailed me a link to this game called Plants vs. Zombies. I confess I spent way too much time playing it while I was nursing my broken toe yesterday.
http://popcap.com/games/free/pvz/?icid=plantsvszombies_HP_OL_1_8_19_08_en

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I never knew peas would kill zombies. I suppose that if garlic works on vampires, then it makes perfect sense.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Katlian! Welcome back! 2600 pictures is a scary number IMO. If peas can kill zombies, perhaps there is a vegetable for photo editing too!?!?

what a hoot, your game! I'm glad your foot is only slightly broken at one extreme end, and not broken in worser ways.

yes, I confess, it has been a terribly long day and I probably should quite postinng while I am still making a tiny bit of sense.

We did get that house, going to sign the lease give over deposit Thurs afternoon.

So.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

How's your balance, Katlian?

Santa Fe, NM

Congratulations on the house, Kyla! Just found out we will have a house guest Thurs - Sunday. Oh boy...

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks!

Um, can you put your houseguest to work? That usually makes things more tolerable, IMO

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.