(58 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Any, as long as it's homemade
(31 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Other (which one?)
(98 votes, 19%)
Red dot

I prefer sorbet or sherbet (which flavor?)
(16 votes, 3%)
Red dot

I love 'em all!
(87 votes, 17%)
Red dot

I don't like ice cream
(18 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

I don't remember what they told me. My Aunt and Uncle went with them and I think they all got carried away by all the free ice cream like people at Ice Cream Happy Hour.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I LOVE ice cream but even thinking about eating 13 cones makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Eugene, OR

Absolute favorite is sorbet, especially lemon and tropical flavored Life Savers sherbet!! When it comes to ice cream, French Vanilla with whatever fresh fruit I have.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It's gotta be Schwann's Butter Pecan. A very close second is Schwann's yogurt ice creams.

(Maggie) Jacksonvill, FL(Zone 9a)

My favorite is vanilla but it has to be Breyer's original vanilla. Close seconds are Amy's Sweet Cream- Austin Tx, Ciao Bello green Tea ice cream, and HD Mango.
Maggie

Symsonia, KY(Zone 6b)

gosh i love lemon italian ice and raspberry sherbet too! sounds so gooood....having a little heat wave here

Parkville, MD(Zone 6b)

Vanilla is my favorite, it goes with anything. strawberry and chocolate are my second and third favorites. Just don't like mixing even these three flavors.

(Zone 1)

I voted for Vanilla, although I do like Strawberry and Peanut Butter Cup and Mint Chocolate Chip and ....

Best Ice Cream I've ever had was @ 20 years ago at a place called G.D. Ritzi's. There were a couple of these diner type places in Florida (and maybe elsewhere in the U.S.?) They served burgers and hot dogs and regular food, but the Ice Cream was the Best! The Ritzi's here locally closed and we were so disappointed! There was still one on the west coast of Fla and whenever we went over that way for vacation, we would get off the interstate thirty miles from where we actually were staying, just to stop in for ice cream ... and always stopped on our way home from vacation too! One year we were heading to the Sarasota area and got off the interstate to make our usual stop ... so disappointing to find it was no longer our favorite Ice Cream place ... another business was in the building! :(

It was the yummiest Mint Chocolate Chunk and the very best Peanut Butter Cup ice cream we ever tasted! Oh, how we miss G.D. Ritzi's!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

There used to be a Ritzi's in Columbus, Ohio, too. We were also very disappointed when they closed.

Seabrook, TX

Okay I cannot stand any more! I am going to go climb into the tub and y'all can dump a quart of each all over me - I'll let you know which is best just before I explode!

(Zone 1)

^_^

Too many flavors ... too little time!

Phoenix, AZ

Today I had a nice awakening. If you note at the top of this thread I am allergic to Milk items/ice cream and cannot eat it. I was shopping at Whole Foods today and sampled BLISS, a coconut milk based ice cream. DELICIOUS. 1/2 cup at 190 calories. I just need a taste every now and then. I'm not the type to sit and eat a quart. I'm a very happy camper!

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Mango! Philippine mango to be specific.
They have this brand/label "Magnolia" you can easily find in Asian stores.
Sometimes they have purple yam too. Or a combination of mango and purple yam. Man - it's the best.

If you ever had Philippine mango (fresh and ripe) they're the best mangoes in the world. Preferred actually by European chiefs for their sweetness.

Actually, the brand itself, Magnolia - won top honors in a European competition.

(Maggie) Jacksonvill, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks Tex, I'll look for that.

Maggie

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Cinnamon ice cream on top of a hot slice of apple pie - YUMMY! Harkens back to my summer in Minnesota

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

We have Dillon Stores here,a subsidiary of Krogers,they have a Death by Chocolate,has Almonds and I don't what else,but it does make you think you died and went to Heaven after the first Bite!!!!!!

Fort Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm surprised that no one from St. Louis has signed on and listed Ted Drewes. The first "concrete" I had there was fresh blueberry. They mixed the blueberries into the ice cream on the spot for you and it was the best freshest tasting ice cream I'd ever had to date... and I put away a LOT of ice cream! They always have about 20 or more flavors that they've made, but have a few flavors of the day that they do for you upon your order. If you ever get to St. Louis in the summer, be sure to stop by. You won't be disappointed... unless you go on a very hot afternoon and have to wait in the mile long line to be served! Get there at opening!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Soft style yogurt with fresh blueberries in Ellsworth, Maine, was heavenly!

Thumbnail by pirl
Fort Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks, pirl! Now, I'm dieing for some!! That looks sooooooo good!

I love ice cream sandwiches, but the cookie part is always so mushy now. I liked them when the cookie part was crisp!! Does anyone make that kind anymore??

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Eclecticuno I find that too now! What did they do to ice cream sandwiches and why did they do it? The only crispy one I know of now is the Nestle Oreo one.

Fort Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you so much!!!! I'll go out and look for some today!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

hmm. what's for dessert tonight? ICE CREAM!! Yayyyy!
Martha

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We had some home made peach that was absolutely heavenly at a belated 4th of July party this weekend. They must have used Half-and-half instead of milk. It was soooo rich!

Harry just loves plain old vanilla Dairy Queen.

Thumbnail by pirl
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Doesn't Harry get sick from eating dairy?

No, he doesn't. He also loves cheese.

Cinncinati, OH(Zone 6a)

this is a kinda random thread.
but probably mint chocolate chip

and im glad harry has a taste for a lot of dairy foods!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.