(58 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Any, as long as it's homemade
(31 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Other (which one?)
(98 votes, 19%)
Red dot

I prefer sorbet or sherbet (which flavor?)
(16 votes, 3%)
Red dot

I love 'em all!
(87 votes, 17%)
Red dot

I don't like ice cream
(18 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

only a pint a day?
lol
(I don't buy ice cream much as I have NO control)

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Other - Chocolate Marshmallow.
I also like the soft-serve 'twist' ice cream.

Call me weird, but I've never been a big ice-cream fan.
When I was a kid and all the other kids got excited about having ice-cream....I didn't want any!

I've had some really good 'specialty' ice-cream flavors in the past, though I never eat much of it.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Hey, Nan, I don't think you're weird at all! I only like vanilla because it makes a suitable base for that lovely blackberry dessert wine...:-) Left to my own devices, it wouldn't be in the house. But my hubby likes it and he's also the one who found that yummy blackberry wine. He's definitely a bad influence!
Funny, my mom and my brother just loved ice cream. My mom would walk a mile and a half (she didn't drive) to get to the ice cream place to get her "fix." She once replaced her refrigerator because it didn't keep the ice cream cold enough!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I said that I like them all, but upon further thinking, I decided that my favorite is mint chocolate chip. Like 4paws, I don't buy any though, because I have no control (and no metabolism).

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm with ya on that Kelli.

Florence, MS(Zone 7b)

AnnetteM, Willowwasp, 39654, Ceejaytown, we have a plurality.
After 50 years of taste-testing MANY kinds,

Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla wins hands-down - -
even over Haagen-Daaz and Ben and Jerrys and Bops!

Although Blue Bell Blueberry cobbler is a good runner-up. Never met any other kind of ice cream I didn't like, either.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

In Bryan, Texas near Texas A&M University is a small creamery that makes Blue Bell Ice Cream. All their ice creams are outstanding but Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla is so good one can eat it for 20 or 30 years and never tire of it. It is really special. Sold throughout Texas. I dont know about elsewhere.

I really wish they would take this poll down - every time I see it I want ice cream LOL.

PS I know Blue Bell well from my Texas days - it is wonderful!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I have just entered Blue Bell ice cream in the Great Book of Lists for future tasting!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Butter Pecan.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

....considering moving to Texas.... lol

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Coffee varieties with chocolate and/or nuts are my favorite.
Blue Bell's Mocha Almond Fudge is what I usually prefer when I can find it
followed by Haagen Das Coffee (the best coffee ice cream, though I often add hot fudge)
and then Baskin Robbins Jamocha Almond Fudge (the one that introduced me to Coffee Ice Cream as a kid)

And believe it or not, I don't drink coffee - don't really like it without lots of milk and sugar. :-)

This message was edited Jun 16, 2009 6:21 PM

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Sweezel - those are my second choices!! :-)

BTW, Blue Bell is made in Brenham, Texas - not far from the Antique Rose Emporium, another great Texas institution.

Fort Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

I love so many flavors... vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coffee, black walnut, butter pecan, rum raisin, rocky road, etc.

Marianne

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

ceejay, one of these days I am going to take a weekend trip down there and visit both!

Phoenix, AZ

I voted "I don't like..."
Truth is I love it but I'm deathly allergic to milk products including Kraft singles, ice cream, whipped cream, milk, raw cheeses, riccota etc. Ages cheeses are fine Thank God!
I use soy milk, yogurt and stay away from those others... I crave ice cream but I light up like a renegade nuclear plant if I ingest it. Ugly.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I pick Butter pecan. About the only way I get it is when I buy it at the grocery cause most ice cream parlors don't carry it around here. Everything else but that.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i dont really like much ice cream and im not a cake fan!! give me PIE!!!

if i have to have ice cream butter pecan!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

c'mon pecan praline. hard to find but i love it.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Caramel Cashew. Makes me want some now but it's a little early in the day to start eating ice cream.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I put "I love them all" because I'm pregnant and haven't found an ice cream I haven't liked... but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Huckleberry, and you can't find that here in Arizona... :(
Brittany

Kalamazoo, MI

Gave it up when I joined Curves, but Häagen-Dazs Strawberry was my fav.

(Zone 4b)

I like mint chocolate chip

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Cherries Garcia--yummmmm

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

blue bell is available in Tennessee too, but since Texas also has all the great rose nurseries , I may move to texas , too!! LOL

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey, all you Texans that enjoy Blue Bell. I like it, too, but usually go for HEB's Creamy Creations (store brand). Really good, and a bit easier on the budget. I always have Strawberry Cheesecake and Caramel Pecan Turtle in the freezer.

Yuska

Symsonia, KY(Zone 6b)

how about just plain ol vanilla? homemade vanilla! if i can't get that, its Cherry Garcia:)

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

savagegardener - Come on down! :-)

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Black raspberry.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

#1 Chocolate in any form
#2 Peach...especially homemade peach.. (the amaretto/peach mentioned above sounded to die for)
#3 Turner Black Walnut

We only keep vanilla in the house so we are not tempted to eat the whole carton...and vanilla is good too...as is butter pecan, strawberry, mocha mint......

(I've just gained 3 pounds thinking about this)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Quoting:
We only keep vanilla in the house so we are not tempted to eat the whole carton

lol, how true that is!!!!

Palmyra, PA(Zone 6a)

Mint Chocolate Chip

Sterling, VA(Zone 7a)

I love[d] Haagen Dazs Peaches and Cream, but I cannot find this flavor anymore. Perhaps, they stopped selling it. Snug, :o)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I voted pecan praline, but I really don't like ice cream - I don't like cold things - my teeth are too sensitive. I do like pecans, though.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Ben and Jerry's 'Cherry Garcia' is my very favorite. I even like the frozen yogurt version they make almost as much as the 'loaded' stuff. But it's ALL good if it's ice cream. And I agree about Blue Bell. Purity may be a 'southern' brand too, but it's good. Someone wrote about an Amaretto Pecan above...I seem to remember that one too. I agree - we'll just have to go out and get those ingredients and make our own!!

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=6690161

39654, were you from TX? Or are you able to get BB up there?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=6690249

marie, I used to enjoy that up in Michigan but the south doesn't get it :(

----I voted don't care for ice cream. I am picky when it comes to desserts. I figure it's seriously got to be out of this world for me to risk carrying it around with me the rest of my life LOL and most just don't make it to that category. I like lots of chunks of chocolates, fudges, caramels, candied nuts in mine. I've had homemade ice cream done by hand and also cranked in a machine, I've yet to taste one that's good.

----Brand matters. Blue Bunny is really just so-so unless you get their "premium" top of the line brand and that's pretty good, as well as BB. HEB even has a good brand! I like their birthday cake one.

But take it or leave it, I generally have the will power to refuse.

Conneaut, OH(Zone 5a)

Butter Pecan,non of the rest really matter.LOL,Edge

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

So cute that butter pecan made the list on the survey. Must be something I don't know about :)

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 4b)

Daquiri Ice ... made by Baskin-Robbins

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.