2009 Clematis blooms Daily part II

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone. Kim sure wish Gardenias were hardy here, they are one of my favs. I'm thinking I should take down the Grow D@#% it garden sign sign as the plant have taken it very serious. LOL
The Yarrow is none over 5 feet tall as well as the Oreintal Lillies.

This message was edited Jun 1, 2009 12:26 PM

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Tehehehehe, I love that whimsical sign in the garden. lol. We've had so much rain haven't we? It threaten to float us away here. I love that accent plant, what's it? Gary?

Here is what's left of my clematis section in the front of the 'cottage style' garden to the front.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Kim it is one of the Coleus not sure which one. The last 2 years we could not buy a drop of rain and this year so far have hit records. Go figure.
Gary

Kannapolis, NC

Gldandrews: How's your water level out there now? I used to work from Asheville west and the last two years when I had to travel to Murphy, Nantahala gorge was pathetic! I hope it's filling up again, as that is such a lovely drive through there.

Lovely flowers you have there in Andrews. Nice valley.

Angie

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Angie the water levels are great now. It is a beautiful valley. I actually work in the Nantahala area as a Paramedic. People who have never been to this area missing out on some of natures most beautiful settings.
Gary

Delaware, OH

drooling for gardenias....lovely

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

CG, gardenias are lovely. Most of all the fragrant is much cheerished. Here is the few last blooms of my clems....time to rest, and bid me good bye for now.

HF Young last bloom:

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Delaware, OH

a person could move from zone to aone tending and growing clems and have virtually year round blooms even in the usa!
enjoy your downtime!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

You're invited to visit our Southern garden(s) via DG:

Here we continually sharing our blooms through the seasons as spring gives way to Summer and onto the following season:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/991334/

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Here's my Versailles again, this time with a few more blooms in various stages of color. I LOVE this plant!

Thumbnail by revclaus
Delaware, OH

i do like versaille very much. i do not have one. what i like best about this one, is knowing it survives the winter and those late storms in containers.....clems are so amazing. to bring forth the beauty out of dormancy is just amazing to me. tropical, but not really as they like the dormant period and do better with it. amazing. it's a pretty clem i should get.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

One single bloom, perhaps 'Blue Moon'. Since last post, this is the only clem. that surprised me in the garden at present.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Delaware, OH

lily is that photo the back of the bloom?

love it haha when they bloom like that and do not want to turn and show off !

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

CG, you're absolutely correct. lol. The front view was a little blurry. :((

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Delaware, OH

looks like a henrii to me. interestingly, i had a bloom or two unexpected ly from a henrii last week, but i cut them for a friend.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank CG for the I.D. Happy gardening.

Delaware, OH

my pleasure

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

During the heat of summer, there isn't many blooms (clematis blooms that's) in my garden currently, other than a Henrii, one Multiblue rebloom. But, it's time for the Sweet Autumn Clematis to show off their fragrant blooms. Those that are in full sun has been in full bloom since last week (yup a little early for the season), but mine in partial shade just begun:

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

A rebloom on 'Multiblue' for the season.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Delaware, OH

love you landscaping too , lily love. very nice. look cool, refreshing, eclectic yet organized. very nice

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.