2009 Clematis blooms Daily part II

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Yes, Lily_love. The trumpet vines are Campsis radicans. They are covering the fence and the black walnut trees at the edge of the yard. They bloom here all summer, thriving on complete neglect. I took some cuttings and planted them in a problem corner. They are growing there where nothing else would grow. I have to be careful when I prune because any dropped clipping is likely to become a plant. If you, or anyone else, wants some tough trumpet vine clippings, let me know. (I read they also make seed. haven't tried to grow them from seed, but willing to collect some.)

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Doss: Your combos are beautiful!

revclaus: Love the velvety look of Versailles!

BeaHive: You've got a winner with Crystal Fountain

Here are my long awaited pictures.

First up is "Andromeda".

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ooooh have mercy! Those vines will take over our southern climate and land. lol. I've one climbing up a pine tree on the neighbor's yard, and one on my sweetgum tree to the back, and those stray seedlings kept me labored year round to pull on them. Thank you, for your kindness anyhow. I try to cultivate the bignonias vines (crossvine) instead. These too make seeds if we let them. However, they're not as rambuncious as the campsis.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

A single bloom of "Killian Donahue".

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

More of "Killian Donahue".

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Killian is gorgeous, Shirley.
Kim

The tag is buried somewhere under the mulch and I can't remember it's name! Any ideas?

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

One more NOID! Any ideas?

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

A couple of "Peveril Peach" are starting to open.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The pink one looks like 'Asao' Not sure of the white.

Thanks so much! This is the first year I've grown "Killian Donahue".
Your Clems and gardens are beautiful too!

Kannapolis, NC

Shirley: I just planted Killian Donahue this spring and your pictures make me excited to think what I have in store next year! Wow. And that Peveril Peach is a dainty little thing, too. Might have to have that one. Andromeda is stunning. Oh, why did I click on this thread???

I don't think it's "Asao", because "Asao" has a lighter central bar. But I appreciate your guess. http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=34

Thank you, Hemophobic. "Killian Donahue" bloomed for the first time this year. The single bloom is when it first opened. The second picture shows more mature blooms. I think you'll be very pleased with it.

(Zone 4a)

Oh Shirley they are just gorgeous!!!!! I love the unnamed one that is one with pinkie colouring in the middle......pretty!!!

Delaware, OH

shirley, i was sorry to read about your hubbie's surgery and hope all getting better.
flowers are pretty...
the white one could be on omoshiro...very interesting.
the darker one is a ville de lyon i believe, esp looking at the leaves of the plant in the background. maybe not, that is my first take.
i love your andromedia. i have never picked that one up and i think i will.

i hope all is well at home and as you know, the garden will be there waiting for you.....the blooms are so pretty, enjoy!

(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

Looks like ville de lyon to me also

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Shirley, the white one with the ruffeled petals is stunning! Wish I knew what it was.

Delaware, OH

i believe the white one with ruffled petals is omoshiro. could it be shirley? very pretty.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful clematis all!

This Florida Sieboldii is in it second year in my garden. Seems to have lots of buds this year. They are very pretty and unusual blossoms.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This one is just gorgeous this year. The blossoms are huge and abundant.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Delaware, OH

ooooh bea hive love your f sieboldi. one of the reasons i would consider a unheated solar green house, to bridge the zone gap and grow some f those babies...love love love

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Hello everyone. Back with a few more pics. Princess Di keeps the blooms coming.

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Clematis Galore with New Dawn rose

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

And General. I have lost quite a few vines this spring to Clematis wilt. Could it be because it has been so wet. This has been one of wettest spring on record.

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

I Think this one is Miss Bateman

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Had to throw one in of My Weeping Blue Cedar

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

And one of my Herb beds.

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Side View Of Princess Di

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Gary, all lovely clems. Galore and New Dawn is a stunning companion planting. Congrats my friend.

Yes, I think long raining periord affected a couple of mine clems as well. Namely my HF young and one of my Jackmanii. And Jackmanii has been known to be pretty hardy. Also my 'Comtese de Bouchard' isn't showing up this year. What I thought was CDB was another shoot of HF Young just now bloomed (in this group, one of my HF Young shows wilting sign and symptoms).

Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Zone 4a)

Funny about the Jackmanii - I have had mine for 5 years and never any troubles with it....this year so far I only see one stem coming up and it is only an inch tall - whereas the rest of my clematis are well over a foot tall now. Weird. I hope it comes back ok. Hard to tell at this point - there isn't much there right now.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Such lovely clems and gardens.

My dear, Mme Dawn, what big thorns you have! I hope you don't have to wrestle with Galore too often.

Appleton, WI

gldandrews... beautiful photos...

Nice to see these pics now that my clems are resting

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Gary ..your clematis are gorgeous hon..Jeanne

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yours and mine both -- are resting Irswell50. Looking forward to see our Friends from cooler zones with more blooms, however.

While the clematis are resting for the season, my others (perennials) are taking turn to shine at this spot in the garden. Red rose is that of Toro.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

My gardenias smell heavenly

Thumbnail by lrwells50

A really untidy bush, though

Thumbnail by lrwells50
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Undoubtedly we share the similiar zone (growing climate condition). I'm going to plug some of those gardenias and float them in a bowl of water with floating candles one of these days. ^_^

Daylilies are now begun to compete with other perennial as temp. heats up.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.