What have you ordered for 2009 - Part7

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Holy kawa! That's big. Much bigger than mine. I'm going to have to talk to them!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

yeah and it was the replacement!! the trunk is not that big though, will need staking for a while - the shigatasu sawa from rarefind is three times as wide - it was the same with the beni hime as well.

Thomaston, CT

Can't wait to see the gardens when I come, Jo Ann---now that I've seen the size of my new bed, I'll have to get more plants! I'm thinking 5 short, bushy roses to anchor the space---then more DLs & iris----my DH is not going to be a happy camper---those that don't garden just don't understand the need for plants....Anyway, I have a gift cert. to a local nursery that I haven't used yet, so I'll start there. Nice specimens of JMs, Bill---you're going to have quite the showplace.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

WOW, my clems arrived today from Silver Star, and as much as I have read here and in watchdog, I still said WOW when I opened the box! Really amazing. I wonder if I could set up direct deposit with Debbie.

Yes - her stuff is incredible. Such a huge root mass. She raised her prices but you still get so much for your $$.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I would have to split my pay check between her and the local nursery here. I went the other day, and forgot my credit card, so told the owner I needed to be careful shopping because I forgot it, he said don't worry, your credit is good here. I'm sure he would have let me come back later to pay. Of course, I'm in there weekly anyway!

I received my six from her on Friday. Still waiting to plant!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the gerbera daisys... i picked up at lowes

Thumbnail by onewish1
Thomaston, CT

Nice, bright colors---we have no Lowe's here yet, but one is opening to the north of us in a few months.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

You got some great looking plants in your orders there, Bill.

Pretty gerberas, Allison.

Karen

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I never saw such tall ones... is this a new thing lollipops? ... or just new to me?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I noticed specials on GC and took a look. There was Royal Wedding Poppy and Queen Alexander, on sale, half price.
I ordered Royar wedding #2
Here's what came with one plant budded. The plant bloomed a few days ago and SURPRISE - - - -its not Royal Wedding, might be Queen Alex.
Guess the green house labeler goofed and GC thought it would be easier to get rid of the problem by selling both plants cheap.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

only 3 out of 5 of my poppies came back that I planted last year... think they were from high country gardens

:(

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm going to give up on poppies with the ones I have. They are really hard to establish.
I have looked at High C G but many of their plants are out of my zone.

Yes - as I have said, I never had any return.

Last year I planted them under the eves of the house. I moved them and they are coming up and growing. I get flowers you will see them

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I have 2 that came back so far this year. However, none of the ones I winter sowed sprouted.

These are 2 bare root roses I got from Wayside Garden.
'Burgundy Iceberg' and 'Fragrant Wave'

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yesterday another box came in the mail , it was a rose but I didn't order it. I DG'er sent it as an early B-day present. The name of the rose?????
" Celestial" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Can you tell im ecstatic?)

Nice!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Happy early birthday from our resident rabbit and Winnie. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

great looking bulbs

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank you Victor & Patti. I got new jammies yesterday too. Was in one of the trade swaps and it was for PJ's! lol What fun we are having!

Like my new Jammies????

Thumbnail by pixie62560
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I like those jammies, very cool about the rose.

Patti-Winnie is looking a little "damp" what a cutie!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I direct sow the somniferum poppies every year. They self seed here too. And ladybird poppys. I start those every year cuz they are my favs. I have had thise self sow some years but not regularly.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

two more deliveries arrived today from high country gardens
- echi red knee high, monarda pink lace/fireball/grand marshall. solidago littlw lemon. Karl foerster, dianthus fire witch and mirabilis multiflora

deer resistant plants - euphorbia bonfire (5), caryopertis snow fairy (2) and caryopertis sunshine blue.

and the bricks are here!

still waiting on davidsans thought the HCG delivery was them

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Busy, busy, busy

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

yes is am - off to tackle the bricks now

Bill - you need to find a new job soon - to rest!

He cant - he is stone washed

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think Napping 101 is offered at summer school.

South Hamilton, MA

Creeping phlox planted, after removing some of the golden rod. It can go further back in the bed. Too early for the tobasco coelus, would have frost for certain.

Thomaston, CT

Bought nicotiana 'Only the Lonely' (white) to go with blue angelonia & lemon marigolds around the wellhouse---can't pick up the angelonia til next week---it was too small---but they are saving them for me at the nursery.

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I really like angelonia.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

got all the bricks down - now just need to cut in the edges tomorrow - "just" is not appropriate as this is the hardest part. of the 630 bricks delivered there are 270 that are not usable - not anything like the last batch - i'll see what i have left after edging in and call the manufacturer - not happy about it - and the bricks did not have a uniform size - so much for straight lines.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Wha, Wow, that is a mess. Can you tell them to deliver a usable batch? Do they match in color? I can't imagine cutting all your edges, the noise would drive me mad. Mad enough as it is.

Here is a link to the garden this week. Not many pictures as the rain never seemed to stop. Many tulips are ruined, but the narcissus loved the rain. I am sick of it. Patti

http://picasaweb.google.com/bbrookrd/SPRING2009WK1MAY?feat=directlink

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

they did ask if i wanted to check the color - didn't bother they look close enough

might use some for to build a little level area for a bench - at almost a buck a piece the rest go home

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

received my order from Davidsans Maples today - fantastic trees!!

had to be patient with David as he did not want to ship anything until he was sure it was safe for the trees.

packaging was great - had not one leaf fall off the trees from their trip. If anyone is looking for a jm in our zone i highly recommend checking out his site and diving David a call - he knows his jm trees!

Thumbnail by wha
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

MORE?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

:) - have only two more coming next week

from left to right
Berrima Bridge - rare one from NZ starts green, slowly turn redder, until the red fire show in the fall
Abigail Rose - this one will be in a container out in the yard - it is a dwarf and will need shade.
Acontifolium - dancing peacock, will be in from of the patio
Red Dragon - hardier and better color than bloodgood - green here because it was kept in the shade which he told me about - will red up quickly in the sun
villa taranto - will go in front of the patio too

Trees look nice, Bill! (The Red Sox shirt needs to go, though.^_^)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.