CLOSED: Free Seed for Newbies!! Come on in!! New Thread 4-20-2009

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

New Thread...... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/994709/ Come on over!!!

We Came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/962951/

New Thread with directions. Maybe it will be a little clearer. If not please feel free to Dmail me with questions.

Hi, some of us "oldies" would like to share our seeds with those of you new to Dave's. By new, we mean you joined in the last 8 months and are a paying member.
Send me a SASBE (Self addressed, stamped bubble envelope) and we'll send you 10 packets of seeds. (Usually more, depends on our stash) That's all there is to it. Let us know you are sending your envy. Just Dmail me with sent envie today in the subject. You will get a good variety of good seeds.

If you can, stick a note in your envy and tell me they types of things you like. Veggies and Flowers, some seeds you are looking for, stuff like that. It will help me fill your envy. I can't always get just what you ask for, but will try.

Send 5 stamps and an address label with your name on it.
4 of the stamps will go back on your return envy, the extra will go into the "pot" I don't use it for personal use, but it helps when some mail comes with postage due and when the "oldies" send boxes of seeds sometimes there is postage due.
Best thing to do is just send me an empty bubble envy with your label and stamps inside. I can use that same envy to send your seeds back. Saves that envy!!
Also, if you will scotch tape the envy to send to me, I can use the self adhesive and won't destroy your envy pulling them open when I get them. That stuff is "tuff" and I end up with mangled envy's going back to you

Please make sure you put enough stamps on your envelope you send to me. An empty bubble envy is at least 84 cents, so two stamps. If you are sending seeds, it's more of course.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR D MAIL NAME WITH YOUR ENVY.

I am in the address exchange, so you know where to send the envy. If you can't find it, just d mail and I'll shoot it right to you. At the top of your home page, you'll see the link "EXTRA'S" ,Go into that link, scroll down and you'll see the address exchange this goes to the exchange http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/ you have to add yourself to the exchange then you can get my address.

Oldies! lol If you would like to donate seeds, it would be great.!! I know how much I loved it when I was new and someone sent me seeds to get me started. Now I want to pay it forward and maybe you would too.

For those of you who would like to help the newbies, but just don't have a lot of seed, if you would like to trade for seeds, that is great as well. Send seeds for the newbies and I will send you the same amount back. Put a note in with your DG name and let me know what you are looking for also.
Happy Gardening Everyone,
Robin

This message was edited May 17, 2009 8:50 AM

This message was edited May 28, 2009 10:05 AM

This message was edited May 28, 2009 10:16 AM

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh My goodness. Everyone the seed fairys have landed once again!! I wish you could all be at the other end of one of the deliveries of newbie seeds just once!! It is like I don't know bathing in chocolate if you are a chocoholic!! Having the sun come out after five days of rain. Know for positive there will be no more snow for 6 months. Anyway...SunnyG and Mittsy are the seed fairies this time!! I am posting a picture once again you have got to see this. You will all be glad you waited for the shoe box!! And Sunny's has what looks like some peppers and veggies in it!! Doing the happy dance!!
Thank You Both,
Robin
Ill be away for a bit , packing envies.
Brug_Hugger I over looked you up there...I am sorry, you must raise brugs, I am just getting to know Brugs nowI have never had one but maybe soon. Glad your here!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Is everyone here???? Hello...dont get lost now we cant do this without you all. All of you!! Flower!! Mittsy!! Al!! Sunny ...Kelly..are you still after the postman??Who else is here? Oh pictures you are all waiting for pictures . Right?

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009 1:55 PM

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ok Now I can put them in there was no place in the last post for a picture. How come?
First One

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Second one. I know can you believe it!!!
Imagine getting these in the mail!! I love my Job!!

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009 1:59 PM

Thumbnail by arejay59
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

WOW!! All I can say is WOW. That is really too cool. About to take my lunch break and hunt down that postman... My envie will be in the mail today!! Kelly

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Kelly,
I am glad to see you made it!! I kinda knew you would though !!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Took me a minute, but I found it - lol.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Mail trucks all over the country will be full , full I tell you.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Have a great lunch...
Flower, are you here..Flower is sending out the letters for the newbies to tell them we are here ... waiting for them. Thank you Flower!!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Im Here . LOTS OF SEED LOL

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Caught the postman on the way to Subway, so the envie is on it's way to you;) Thanks again!! I think this is a great thing DG does for newbies. Very cool!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I think I got a dmail out to all new ones LOL At least they all had turned colors LOL

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Lol Flower...that's a good sign!!
Kelly...are you there I thought I already had your envie....I have searched everywhere...I wasn't sure how I was going to tell you. I lost your envie .... I have your address right? Is it in my dmail? I cant stand the thought of you waiting on the side of the road any longer it is supposed to rain everywhere the rest of the week.
My second cold frame is in and almost hinged!!! Yeah yeah...Cutting box next on the list.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I see that Skaz421 has a couple of colocasia Illustris for postage for some lucky new gardener!!!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

arejay I need a cold frame ????? LOL I am going to try to get lumber to try and get me one built . It won't do me much good this year but I'll have it for next year.!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Mine are gonna work for every cent they cost!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Rita,
Are you here you are being very quiet. Are you getting lilac cuttings ?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Robin - nope - you didn't lose my envie. It just went out in the mail today so you can relax now. You'll probably get it by the end of the week;) No rain in the forecast for Phoenix. We may actually hit 100 tomorrow, though it sure feels that hot today. The season of hot is upon us. For those who are not familiar with life in the low desert, we have two seasons - HOT and not quite so hot . . .

Kelly

P.S. Makes me wish I was back in Maine on days like this. . . or maybe not . . .

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelly I wish we had that kind of weather LOL It has rained here for almost a week and is suppose to get down rather chilly tonight ,but then warm into the 80s by the end of the week. how's that for weather. LOL

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Syrumani,
Did I tell you I got the seeds you sent also? If I did not please forgive me.
Thank You

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

You did say in a dmail that you had received the seeds . . . and after I sent the box, I found all the moonflower seeds I collected. So, there will be another box in the making! ^_^

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

flowerfantasy - how 'bout you send me some rain and I'll send you some heat, say 20 degrees or so? Kelly

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

OHHHHHH That sounds good to me LOL It hasn't been real bad as far as temps go but is getting chilly for a few days here.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You Syrumani. I am going to look for some veggies now. We have a ton of flower seed. I love it ...they are great.Packages almost done. Get ready to meet the mail truck.
Robin

Portland, TN(Zone 7a)

This is so exciting. I am still a newbie especially with seeds. I have never had any luck with them. Probably because the only thing I really knew about planting is to pull weeds. I grew up on a farm and the kids got the chore of weed puller and bean snapper! LOL

Well, my DD of 5 who loves flowers more than anything asked that we try again. So we are trying. I found a baggy trick on the internet and I am trying it. I didn't have any luck for a couple of days. I then moved them from the fridge to my curio cabinet. I know strange place. But it has a light. I put them under the light and guess what we had a sprout today. Just one day under the light!! The one with the sprout is a morning glory.

Hopefully we will have a hang of it when our new seeds from our new friends get here. This is a very nice program and I appreciate your kindness! :)

When DD gets back from Soccer practice we are going to make the envy list and send it off tomorrow. Belive me she will not forget! :)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Take some pictures and post them as you get your seeds going You DD will love growing the seeds that are coming her way!
What is her favorite color?

Portland, TN(Zone 7a)

We started one of the journals here. I was surfing the web to find an online journal and help with starting seeds (hoping not to fail again) when we came across this website.

I have already put up some pics of her holding her seed packets. I took some more the other day with her spraying the napkins. Her favorite colors are pink and purple. When it comes to flowers though she loves them all. I really have never seen a child love them so much. When she was about 3 she cried when we mowed down her flowers (dandelions in the yard). Since then I have been gardening mainly for her to have flowers. Of course, I am getting more into it each year. The only bad thing is she tries to pick them as soon as they come out. Tulips and Daffodils do not make it long at our house. They are the first ones of the season here and she is so excited that sometimes she picks them before they open! :) My iris's made it a good while this year. We pick them when they start to fade. But we had a lot of them bloom this year. I have to watch her like a hawk around my grandmother's house. She doesn't pick flowers! :) They are to be adored in the yard.

Thumbnail by lars1angel
La Grange Park, IL

Hi,
I am a newby to daves Garden( just 2 months) , just newly married with a big unruly yard . I want to plant everything. I want to attract butterflies and humming birds. I have a large chain link fence that is crying out for vines of any kind . I thank-you for your offer , Please send me your address. Thank-you.
Deborah56engle@yahoo.com

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Deborah, just being a newbie will get you some seed for your unruly yard LOL You need to go to the extras and find arejay59s address and then send her a SABE along with 5 or 6 stamps (might want to add a list of what you like along with the envy) and she will send the free seeds back to you.
Welcome to our world of seeds, and hope you enjoy being a part of it.

Flowerfantasy

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

BirdieBlue, Sheri...Did you send an Envie? Did I get it back to you?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

redheadedwonder11 are you here? Did you send an Envie I still have peppers.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Lars,
That is great!! Tell the little ones for me they have tomatoes for Justin and pretty flowers for Corina on the way. Very pretty flowers and the butterflies will come and drink from them if you don't pick some of them!! I put a little packet in that will get the caterpillars to come and you can watch the caterpillar turn to a chrysalis and then a beautiful butterfly. I have a friend Julie that is very smart about these things and if she is watching she might put the butterfly house directions here for you to see. Maybe she has a picture!!
Robin
Ok one more thing and Ill be quiet for a bit. I didn't put notes in everyone's seed packet. I am trying to hurry and get them in the mail and I am out of note paper. There are a lot of you waiting. Please do dmail me when you get them or post here and ask any questions you have there are many that can help.
Have a good day everyone,
Robin

This message was edited Apr 21, 2009 7:21 AM

Clinton, IA

arejay59-Done with lilic....just setting up camp outside waiting for the mailman. Do you realize people WE ARE ALL striking fear in mailmen and women from all over the country! Who knows we might even be on the news, this just might happen in my neighborhood......."The local mailman wasn't seriously injuried today when was tackled by a women on Main Street, he stated that the women came out from behind a lilic bush demanding "where are my seeds!!" as they both fell to the ground. The mailman stated he has never seen anything like this before but has heard similar stories from all over the country. The mailman decided not to press charges."

I will be waiting.....

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

(the woman probably slipped the mailman a few seeds)

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I just wonder what that womans name was behind the lilac bush? LOL

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm so glad the seeds arrived! Now, now, don't scare those poor mail carriers ;-). (Okay, to be honest, I'm pretty sure mine rolls his eyes just a tad, whenever he seeds me). LOL

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Lol you guys are funny how can I pack seeds with tears rolling down onto the table. They will sprout on the way!!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

That would be ok . . . the sprout can be planted . . . ^_^

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm still hanging around arejay...I got my envie long long time ago - before Lorraine got so sick.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.