What is your favorite garden item?

There are a total of 286 votes:

I have a great specimen plant that I love. (what is it?)
(47 votes, 16%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is a statue, gazing ball or piece of art.
(23 votes, 8%)
Red dot

I have a favorite arbor, trellis or garden swing. (show us!)
(20 votes, 6%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is my water feature.
(50 votes, 17%)
Red dot

I am happiest when I can see my bird feeders.
(76 votes, 26%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is none of the above. (what is it?)
(70 votes, 24%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Kannapolis, NC

I have a Japanese Maple `Bloodgood' that keeps looking better and better. Thought we had lost it due to late freeze 2 years ago and last year's drought, but here she is, pretty as a picture:

Thumbnail by Hemophobic

I have a fountain/birdbath. Love to see the birds in it when it gets hot. The water trickling makes a nice sound.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I voted other because my favorite garden item is items....
all the color the textures the birds and the butterflies. The entire picture.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It's definitely the obelisk my husband made for me in 1995.

Thumbnail by pirl
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I voted "other". I will be tearing up my pond & rebuilding it. Also will be, (hopefully), building on to the house, & adding a period open porch. This all will change the whole front flower bed, so who knows. Hopefully the new pond will be my favorite.

Thanks to all who have posted pictures of your ponds to give me ideas!
Bernie

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Depends on the day!!!! I voted for garden item today though!

Thumbnail by joycet
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

My MANTIS tiller-i could not keep up with out it
I have killed one tiller-just couldnt work as hard as i do!!!

(Maggie) Jacksonvill, FL(Zone 9a)

My favorite garden item is a Buddleja pruned to a tree form. It is beautiful and the BFs love it too.

Maggie

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oooohhhh Maggie, do you have a picture of that?

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

I enjoy my little sitting area concrete bench that my husband gave me for valentine's day....

Thumbnail by MiniPonyFarmer
Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

My favorite is my contorted filbert (Harry Lauder Walking Stick) I have had it 9 years now and it survived being transplanted when we moved last year. It was the FIRST plant I moved to the new house. This year I have planted a clematis in it.

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

Mickey Mouse Taro - EEs are definitely my favorites.

Thumbnail by skaz421
Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

My favorite garden objects is actually plural, the vegetables I grow and eat. That's the real essence of why I garden, growing my own food.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

The last thing I thought I'd ever do... my waterfall and pond is one of my favorite things in my garden. The next is my GH!!!!

Thumbnail by jeri11
Tomah, WI

I voted for water feature. This is the antique pump my husband made into a water feature for my garden.

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

My favorite item has to be replanted every year because it's an annual (got a bunch of seedlings in the GH now). I do love my morning glories, especially this one:

Thumbnail by woofie
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Well, I voted none of the above since as things bloom the focus shifts from area to area or plant to plant. SO it really is the sum of it all together that I love!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

My favorite is my Angel garden. I have 20 angel trumpets planted there, as well as the angel statues.

LK

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

I voted "other" because for the first time in many years I am able to have a beautiful garden and someone to help me take care of it (Wish I could do it all on my own as I used to but can't) The whole garden just blows my mind and others probably wouldn't think it's so great but I do and that's what counts.

Ann

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

I start the day with a cup of coffee at the dining room window while looking out on our small koi pond. Always something different to see - frogs, hummingbirds, butterflies, new blooms, etc.

Thumbnail by fleursdefouquet
Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

Ann - how about posting a picture?

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Debra, that pond is sooo nice!
LK

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

I am soooooo jealous of all these beautiful water features!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

LOL!!! woofie, I was thinking the same about your MG!!!! Gorgeous pink!!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I would love to have a water feature but would have to blast rock out with dynamite to get one. So I guess I would say my favorites are my fruit tree collection pears, apricots, cherries, plums, crabapples, peaches and quince.
Or it would be my iris collection -- something like 300.

My favorite garden feature is whichever one of my plumeria is currently in full glorious bloom; this varies....

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

My favorite garden feature besides the plants especially the roses themselves are some hardscapes; my big beautiful iron gazebo dh built for me; a Marian grotto that Dad built for Mother and I inherited and brought to my garden. This is the gazebo during our rare December snow.

Thumbnail by Lenjo
Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

I voted other because my favorite item is my cheap old lawn chair. I can move it from place to place so I can enjoy the view that appeals to me that moment. It gives me a place to rest and relax after a hard day in the sun. It hoses down after being covered with dripping cherry juice after an afternoon of pitting cherries. It is zero maintainance and always ready for me.

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

Favorite item is a garden bench, my DD4 & her DH made for me, out of the old wooden fence that had to replaced from around our yard. Do wish we hadn't taken so much of that fence to the dump, so we could have a couple more in the yard, but really like the one I have. It is out on the back fence line, behind an arbor and the butterfly bushes are in front of it. It is a completely different perspective on the yard from there and I can sorta be in my own private hidey hole & sit & read, when the weather is nice enough. No picture now, haven't splurged for a digital camera yet.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2009 11:11 AM

I voted other. There is a lovely Weeping Caragana 'Walker' that is lovely, under it is a toadhouse and ceramic toadstools that chime in the wind for a whimsical touch. I hope to remember to take a photo of it this year.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2009 11:09 AM

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

I chose water feature, but should have said other, because I love the flower cart DH made for me. He made the stream, too, which is one of my favorite things. And then there's the other water feature, and the raised bed, and... Guess DH is the best thing in my garden!

Thumbnail by KaperC
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This is a toughy poll. Only one thing? hmmmmmm

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Very sweetly and perfectly said, KaperC. My DH does lots for me too.
Petralittledogs, I would love to return to Salina, we moved away when I was quite young but still remember the house we had; actually started school in Salina. I edited this to add, how long have you been in Salina?
Joann

This message was edited Apr 13, 2009 10:32 AM

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Lenjo, the photo of your gazebo with snow is breathtaking!

kathy65468, I love your choice! It's hard to beat a good lawn chair. They are certainly underappreciated.

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

I moved here about 28 years ago from SW Kansas. Certainly is a different climate here. I was born& raised out there, but only one of my brothers lives there now. What was the circumstance of your move to Oregon? One of my Dads sister & her husband moved to Oregon during WW2. She has been gone several years, but Uncle Elmer is still alive. Where is Mount Angel located in OR?
Greta

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I don't have a favorite right now. I don't have any great garden art at the moment. As for plants, my favorites change daily depending on what is blooming. I walk around the garden going "Oh, Ahh, Oh my, I love this. I love that." I love them all!

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Um, KaperC, do you ever loan out your DH? (grins) Can I borrow him? Pleeeese? He does nice work!!!

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks, Woofie. Nope, it takes enough gentle pushing and shoving to get my stuff done! He loves hearing that, though. :-)

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

I have several plants that could be called specimens.

*1. A HUGE Iris that reproduces at an ungodly rate( at less than 6 mos. old it produced _6_ flowers!). If anybody wants some just contact me...
*2. My Ipomoea collection that is constantly growing
*3. A lovely Sage that is stunning in full bloom and attracts hummingbird plentifully.

woofie, your Morning glories are gorgeous! I just love that white flower with the pink star. What is it's name? Where did you get it?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.