TEA ROOM # 35

Merino, Australia

Thought I'd do a bit of moving while everyone is busy over Easter.
It's foggy here again so I expect another fine day. We will have a quiet time here and I should get lots of gardening done. I will leave you to wander in and out as you like , but please keep the cupboards closed as I did see a large huntsman wandering around. I would have squished him but he ran too fast .
Sammut , please stay out of the wine bar. We can't have you falling down again.
If anyone wants me , I have gone for a walk down the track.
I do hope Easter is great for all of you. Stay safe and well.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Brisbane, Australia

Jean - such a lovely pic - makes me really feel like winter is finally on it's way.
Typically Easter weather here, showery, partly sunny, cool - perfect for sleep ins, a bit of gardening & remembering the recipes for those winter dishes.
I've got baby geckos caught in my bathroom - they hatch out in the roof cavity, go exploring down thru the exhaust fan & can't get out, as we've got insect screens. They're so hard to catch, as they're so small & fast... but better than huntsmen I guess!
Happy Easter all, Leisa.

se qld, Australia

Leisa, you'll have to put in a doggy door for them. lol.

That's a gorgeous scene, Jean. I don't blame you for going for a wander, but don't get lost, and watch out for the mozzies. Oh, and keep an eye out for the Easter Bunny in there. lol

You have a real knack for finding beautiful scenery.

Sammut I want to know how you made your garden lady???????????

PLEASE LOL

Thumbnail by Supergran9

Hi to all of our tea house friends today ...it is a beautiful sunny but mild morning here ...I hope everyone really enjoys the break and gets lots of time in the garden.
Look jean :) your Glasshouse angel is open for easter ...perfect!

Thumbnail by

hellen guess what? if you look closely just above the middle of the picture you will see a red blob ...that is my first congo parrot bloom there are two! whoopee :)

Thumbnail by

So much to do and with so much on ...at least one days potting

Thumbnail by

I hope everyone has a peaceful and happy Easter +++
and on Sunday a great celebration with lots of () () () () () .
chrissy

Barmera, Australia

G'Day All
I decided to make some Hot X Buns and the recipe said to roll the dough out and divide into 12 pieces then shape into a bun shape. I think they were a bit confused with the 12 I think it should have been 24 (realistically about 16). You would all know that you can't possibly cut a HotXbun in halves otherwise it is not a cross, so suppose I'll have to eat them as they are, with the help of my Son.
Might as well put some in the Tea Room, butter and knife provided.
Brian

Thumbnail by Stake
western sydney nsw, Australia

Hi Supergran ,
Remember at Christmas I had Santa and Mrs Santa models sitting in the yard well HAPPY is mrs remade -------------Sammut

Sorry ment to say I changed her out fit .----------Sammut

Merino, Australia

Have a great weekend everyone. I hope to be out in the garden while the weather is staying fine and warm. Fog again this morning but the day should be lovely. I just popped in to replenish the food cupboard as I know someone will want a cuppa and a nibble. Try this delicious Black Forest Cake.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. Yes it is lovely weather here too. no fog though. I started moving my cactus around onto the new shelves yesterday but I still haven,t got enough room. Will have to juggle a bit more. I'll get there. Yes please Jean I,ll be in for a cuppa later. Hope you're getting over your flu Chrissy and Sammut you seem to be your same bubbly self.No more falling over just so you can meet nice policemen. Had better go and sort the boys out. They're rearing to get out and play. Talk later when I come back for that cuppa. Colleen

Sunshine Coast, Australia

Hello... hello... hello...just popped in to see who was around.

Not many people so I will go to the kitchen and see what Jean has left there for me to eat *G*

se qld, Australia

Sorry you missed out on the Black Forest, Marleneann. It's my favourite, and I just couldn't help myself. I TRIED to be strong, but it just kept calling me. *burp*

This message was edited Apr 10, 2009 11:20 PM

Hello gardengirl... what part of SEQ are you?
Very miserable day here on the Sunshine Coast

Wonthaggi, Australia

Hello Everyone,
Finally I've made it back to the tearoom after a hectic 2 weeks. My Parents are home in Sydney & Dad is recovering well. The Honeymooners are due home from Thailand tomorrow, & I've hit the wall.
I spent most of the day in my garden yesterday. Finally planted my Sweet Pea seeds, Yes, about 3 weeks too late! Potted up some baby Agave plants from the big mother, for the market. As well as sorting Parrot cuttings into bigger pots. Congratulations, Chrissy on your Parrot flowers.
I have to say the Mac VS Windows, reminds me of Holden VS Ford!!LOL!! I've had both, of both, over the years, each to their own...Not as feisty as I used to be, must be getting old???Hahahaha!!!
So many new friends to mention, so I will just say........
I hope You & Yours all have a Happy & Safe Easter.
Will try & post a pic of a Tropical Hibiscus flower I found in the garden yesterday?
From Helen~AKA Parrot Lady

Thumbnail by helens5162
Merino, Australia

Hello all you hungry people. I thought I left enough cake but it seems there were mice. Large mice.
Must be the climate in the north that makes them grow. ha ha.
I'm leaving some scones for afternoon tea. It's been a lovely day here and I have been out pottering here and there.
The cloud is coming up and I hope it means rain.
Gardengal , you really could have left one piece of cake. Poor Marleneann will have to make do with the scones.
sorry Colleen and Helen, if you missed the cake. doesn't pay to slow around here.
Sammut, I do hope you are resting . I agree with Colleen, there are easier ways to meet nice policemen.
Next thing we know, your family will walking you along with your little dog.
I'm glad you have them around to help you.
Everyone else, if you miss out on afternoon tea, too bad. there's no more until tomorrow.
Have a lovely Easter and go easy on the chocolate eggs.
I am having only one.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
se qld, Australia

Marleneann, I'm neara Bundaberg. I'm truly sorry about the cake Jean, I won't do it again, but it was just so yummy. For some reason now though I'm not feeling so well, wondering if there might have been something a bit wrong with it? lol

We're about to start house painting and chose our colours, with ironstone (a mid to darkish grey) for the trims. One of the local paint shops sells their mistints for $5 a litre, so I figured we could save a bit of money by getting something close to our chosen colour. There was a 10litre can of exterior paint that looked similar but a bit darker (in the light at the shop) but when I got it home it was PURPLE!!!!! More of a funny grapey colour really. Cough! splutter!

Not too sure quite what to do about that one. lol I painted the gazebo and we'll look at it for a couple of days to decide if we can live with it.

You sound a lot like me Gardengal. I do things like that!

Bundaberg hey...nice place too.

Evening to all ,
Mix some white paint in and tone the colour down you never knowI could end up a nice colour.
I spent the morning triming a few things in front . in between sons drop in and daughter in laws drop in . Holy moly I just caught the dog eating his bone under the desk .
First time he has brought bones in side Oh well a old dog trying a new thing he well learn its a no-no-.
better go and clean the carpet good time to do it it will dry over night.----------Sammut.

A GOOD EASTER MORNING TO ALL,
We had a light shower this morning looks like its clearing to a nice day its a little misty . no garden work to day . hope all have a beautiful day and take care .----------Sammut

barmera, Australia

Good morning Sammut. Cool and clear here this morning. Going to be a lovely day. Easter Bunny has been to our house and the boys are very excited this morning. The markets are on today. We might wander down a bit later and have a look. See if there's and bargains on the plant stalls. We've nothing planned for today though. Well Happy Easter to everyone and be back later for a chat. Colleen

Merino, Australia

Hello everyone. Another foggy morning so I hope another beautiful day. I moved some of my larger Angels yesterday. They are now down along the wall of the epi house which will keep a lot of the cold winter wind from them.
I have lots of buds ready to open so am running out all the time to check on them. .
Chrissy, my Galsshouse Angel has stayed a lovely orange/apricot . I have the other plant more out in the open , so this may make a difference in the color as the first one is in a corner near a fence and right under a tree .
I know you are all busy with visitors etc so will just leave you some nibbles in case you feel the need for a break and pop in here.
Garden gal, I do hope you find a use for your paint. Sammut has the right idea. Blend it to another shade.
Marleneann, you are definitely not to eat all the cake. You will never fit in the door.
hello Colleen. Enjoy your day and I hope you do find a few bargains at the market.
I ate half of my egg last night. I will have the rest tonight.
Have a very nice day everyone.
GingerBread Tea Loaf.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Jean it's all your fault I am not going down in the weight game.

Leaving for Vanuatu on the 20th...that's only a week away...for my sisters wedding.

HELP!!! what can I do?
Lock the kitchen door!!!

Raining here again this morning so a trip to the markets after church is out. We are to get lots more tomorrow.
My garden needs a bit of sunshine.

All back I'm coming in missed every thing yesterday making sure I am early to day no manners today dont need a plate or fork Yum . Sorry Colleen teaching the boys bad manners .
Just doing my bit to help Marleneann I left a few crumbs .
Sammut

I just wanted to wish everyone a beautiful Easter Sunday ...it is still grey and a bit damp ... at least the Easter eggs aren't melting.
All over the world this is a celebration of Springtime a time of rebirth ...life renewed ...a promise of hope.
Even though we are in our time of the Harvest/Autumn ...the message remains the same ...Hope ... Peace ...and Love.
These are the things I wish for you and everyone.

melbourne, Australia

happy easter to you too chrissy. what a lovely message.
i can't believe your parrots are going so well. please tell me what i am doing wrong! my first little ones never grew more than when they were sent and none the little trunks have like rotted. too much water?
the next two bigger ones - one is going well and looks good but the other one has a soft trunk as well. i took your advice and put a saucer underneath the pot. do i keep water in that all the time? maybe they need more sun as they are only getting morning sun on my front porch. i really really want one of these gorgeous plants and intend to keep it on the front porch in a pot. any further advice?

have been not feeling well this week. the room has been spinning from an ear infection. starting to feel better today. went to the monthly market yesterday and brought a few newies. will show you shortly.

can anyone tell me what this is? it self seeded in my garden and is now very big. i am trying to work out if its worth keeping in the garden or if it should go to the sheep for lunch.

shelly

Thumbnail by shellyto4kids
melbourne, Australia

these were my first purchases:
sageleaf rockrose $3.00
cuphea cocktail $2.50

melbourne, Australia

my next three:
scaveola which i am going to plant in a hanging basket.
lavender - think it was english lavender.
new variegated sedum different to the one i got at the melb flower show (colleen you will be getting some of this when i can take a cutting).

melbourne, Australia

three different colours of shamrock. one bright pink, another white and other light pink. does anyone have these in their garden?

Wonthaggi, Australia

Hi shellyto4kids,
Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I didn't like to say, when chrissy suggested a saucer of water under the Parrots...I think that is too much water for them. The stems are rotting.
Maybe if you do what I do & neglect them a bit???LOL!! When you see them dry, give them a soak. Yes, I said they like to be kept damp, but maybe you are killing them with kindness? Some of my cuttings haven't survived cos I got worried about them.
Sammut, Jean, Colleen, Chrissy, Marleneann, Leisa, Mya, Kat, who else? Can't think...
I hope everyone has a Lovely Sunny Easter Sunday!
I'm waiting for Sarah to call that she is back on Aussie soil, safe & sound!!
From The Parrot Lady.
A pic of the Wedding Cake

Thumbnail by helens5162
melbourne, Australia

thanks helen. will take the saucer away and neglect them a little. poor little things are so loved that i feel so sad when i go out there wondering how i can make them grow. one of the ones you sent me the last time looks good so i am still hopeful. his little stem is really hard too. fingers crossed x x x x x x x x x x (thats 8 fingers & 2 thumbs). off to buy some hanging baskets :)
shelly

Helen I told you all to keep the cakes under lock and key.
I confess I had a cupcake....

Very modern design. I see a lot of similar design lately. Tasted delicious.

Wonthaggi, Australia

Hi Marleneann,
That's Ok, go for it, there's enough for everyone, about 100 were made. Each guest had one in a Noodle Box at their table.
Good Luck shelly, with the Parrots. I should be off buying more hanging baskets too. I desperately need to re-pot some, hopefully this week?
Helen

se qld, Australia

Hi Helen, re the parrots, neglect only works to a certain extent - too much of a good thing can kill them just as easily if not quicker than too much TLC. hehehe. I know, I tried it.

se qld, Australia

On the subject of impatiens, has nayone here seen the one with the bright pink vein in the centre of the leaf? It's gorgeous!

Barmera, Australia

It's funny but no one ate any of my Hot Cross Buns and really they weren't THAT bad.
Might as well bring them home and We'll have them toasted and spread with jam and cream.
Some dispute coming over whether our Albarino is in fact Albarino or a different variety, what ever it is it's good. So I suggest we get into it before some clown bans it for being wrongly labelled. Here's another dozen but take it easy ladies it's good enough that you might be tempted to drink more than you should. I think it would also be good for alleviating the symptoms of colds and flues.
Brian

Merino, Australia

Hello again everyone. I am just off to enjoy the sun outside. Had to stop in and see if there was anything left to eat.
Helen, you are naughty, putting that cake up in front of us all. Isn't it just lovely though ?
Marleneanne , I saw you with crumbs down your front.
Helen, my little parrots are looking good and one has 3 new buds. I have them in the fern house wher they get watered once a week and get any rain ( what rain , they say )
Shelly , you did well with your buys. all good hardy plants. Gardengal, don't you think all the impatiens are just lovely ?
I'd like to see the one you mentioned. I may try a few more later on in spring and see how they like the shadehouse with the parrots.
Brian , I did try one of your buns but thought I'd better leave them for others too. Maybe the ladies were concentrating on trying the wine and forgot the buns . Ha ha.
Better get out in that sun before it goes somewhere else. Here's a few of my nerines
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
se qld, Australia

I'll see if I can track down the picture Jean, though it doesn't come near to doing the plant justice, as the pink looks quite washed out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.