Spring RU Trade Thoughts

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL...sure Pauletta!
I AM the bionic woman...LOL!!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU...to Lou...for telling about rooting the Diamond Frost Euphorbia! I never had thought about doing that...duh...and it roots soooooo easily in water!!!! Also ..so do dragon wing begonias root easily!!! Oh...and petunias!!
Good way to increase your annuals!!

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Does anyone have any pond plants, especially oxygenators? Waterfall is finally done!! Hurrah!!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I can get a bag for you from Dusty's pond...that is if she doesn't go on a rampage and pull it all out!

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

How big is your pond?
I have tons of bog type.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Darius...may not be such a good idea to 'pull' up the hops. The ones I did last night are looking sad...lol. I may have to dig some more!

Edited to say..in other words...don't do as I did!!

This message was edited May 28, 2009 9:18 PM

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Ric,

The pond seems pretty big to me. It is forty-five feet long by about twenty to twenty-five feet wide. We have a bunch of little goldfish (to eat the mosquitos), two Koi who went to the bottom and refuse to come up ever since we got them and a large stinkpot turtle! The area around the outside is pretty boggish and I have lots of room for plants.

Thanks.

Rebecca

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Seems HUGE to me Rebecca! lol!
Do you want Perennial Plants or do you have a warm space to over-winter some plants?
I.E. I use a washtub on the glassed in porch.

Ric

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Ric,

We need perennial plants as we go South in the wintertime.

Thanks,

Rebecca

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Snowbird Plants it is Rebecca....
I'll though stay away from seriously invasive ones.

Ric

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Ric

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I have Ric Rac Cactus and Queen of the Night if anyone would like cuttings. They start by just sticking them in the ground. They are houseplants in the winter. Lou

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2443/

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/62665/

>This message was edited May 30, 2009 9:32 AM

This message was edited May 30, 2009 9:36 AM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Yes to both Lou!

What do you need?
I have a Gorgeous Opuntia (possibly humifusa ) that's very hardy here.....

Ric

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

That would be good. Also if not, would take any EE you have left. Lou

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

I decided not to post too soon, - cannot cope with too much information, and the car can only hold so many plants. As I am planting new herbs, I find I have to rip out a lot of creeping thyme which are overwhelming my culinary thymes. And also a lot of Japanese anemones. I am potting some of these and the phlox volunteers that are popping up all over.

I shall bring tomato plants too. New ones I am trying out this year are Super Marmande, Sugary, Japanese Blacke Trifele.
Lots of vine peach seedlings (mango melon, and other aliases) I saved seeds from fruit that someone brought to the 08 Ky RU. Not sure what to do with the fruit, it is listed in Baker Creek catalog.

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Ric,

If you have any more canes of Pauls rambler I would like half a dozen. I have never done this but I would like to give it a try. The grows in shade is really good for me. Thanks.

Rebecca

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We'll bring a bunch of Rose cuttings.
A large part of it blew out of the limbs of the Maple a few years ago.
Being VERY thorny it's been about impossible to get it all back up there.
So we'll be pruning Paul's back hard here in a few days.
This will allow it to grow back up straight and hopefully get it out of our way.

Ric

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Bro...Could you send a piece of that home with Cookie for me too??

That would be a great one for the VG in Honor of my Bro Paulie..

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

No one wanted the comfrey starts I have. Too bad, because it is a great organic fertilizer and especially good for plants like tomatoes and potatoes that need extra potassium.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfrey#Fertilizer_uses

I have plenty of plants that can use a boost from comfrey, so they won't go to waste.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Darius,
Thanks for the link re: comfrey. I'll take some if you can still add it.
Pat

Yes I can/will, Pat. I really posted that info because folks have a very different idea about comfrey, mostly old-time herbal medicine.

I guess that means you are not helping your friend move that day?

Columbus, OH

Thank you for posting the info about its value as a compost, I use it as a medicinal.

ok darius got me hooked i will take some :)

Sue, that's the last one I have, and it's yours.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, Darius, I told my friend I'd help him put things away after he got them moved in. I'm hoping that I can remeber the date & the place, & that no natural disasters will intervene!
I still don't know what the hours are, though.
Thanks for the comfrey.
Pat

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Pat, I think there will be people who arrive 10:30 or there abouts. I think we have said that we will eat about 12:30. Times in between can be for visiting or trading or whatever you want to do. Nothing will happen, and we will all make it just fine.

Darius, when are you leaving home?

Toni, gosh dang it girl, you can't do this 2 years in a row. It is against all laws of the US. But I know moms, grandmoms and greatgrandmoms, have extra duties, and it seems that this may be one of yours.

I have had a very full day. I trimmed the shrubs out front, and the weeping cherry tree, whose branches were dragging the ground, weeded my largest flower bed, cut iris scapes off, treated the pool, did a load of laundry, (not folded yet), cooked supper, cleaned the kitchen and have written my chapter of the write robin story. Whew, hope you all were sufficiently tired out reading that. I think I will sleep well tonight.

Tomorrow, I have carpet cleaning people coming, and then I need a run to the post office, and the bank, and then there is just as much work to do in the yarden as I got accomplished today.

Checking my emails, and then off to bed.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Pat we have the park from 10 AM - 9 PM.
Robyn and I will be their a bit before 10 to make sure everything's OK.
The River is HIGH but the weather liars say no rain for Saturday.
BUT there is a huge shelter there.
WAY bigger than we will need if it rains.

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Excellent! Thanks, Bonnie & Ric for the details. I'll see you Saturday.
Pat

i have some mints if anyone would like ?
Colonel Mint i can give you some cuttings from it , it is huge ! around 6
I also have small cuttings of Mojito about 5
LMK :)

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Taynors. I would love some of your black raspberry jam if you have any left.

Lilyhosta--Do you still have any Carmel Coral Bells?? I would love some, if possible.

Lou

i got two left will put your name on one of them

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks,Lou

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Lou I'll put you down for a carmel coral bells

Pauletta

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks!!!!!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

I am looking for any "grassy" looking stuff. I made a poultry enclosure and need some stuff to hide the boards at the bottom of enclosure. Nothing special just anything common. I want the enclosure to look like a habitat.
Geo

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

George what about ribbon grass
Pauletta

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Mondo?

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Paulette, do you have any more caramel coral bells? I would love some, but understand if you don't.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.