morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Pat, I will get you trillium
George

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Danke & gracias, George!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Pat, I don't have anything you want. :(

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Pat, I would be interested in the white poppies. Tell me what you want in return.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, all,

If anyone has some tropical milkweed (Asclepias curassavica) starts, I would love to trade or buy a few. (I have some verbena bonarienses, a few columbines, monarda, daylilies various, to share in return. Or pls. come over to my house after the RU and see what else might be of interest to you...

Thanks so much. t.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

They've just sprouted, so I hope to have tropical milkweeds. I'll keep ya posted on their progress.

what is tropical milkweed ? sounds wonderful

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Pat,

Is glass OK today I made some glass flowers, I also have glass balls and paperweights.

Rebecca

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Rebecca,
Glass is great! But I'll still give you daisies & poppies even if you hit a bump & break the glass on the way down ;-)
Pat

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Here ya go, Sue-

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/168935/

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

T!!! I would love some of that verbena. I hope if I ask enough people I'll get lots! :O)

thanks Neal
pretty :)

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Where are you guys meeting this year?

Defoe, let me know if you would like to trade for a few more daylilies/iris
Your are up and growing well.
Thanks,
Teresa in KY

Teresa, I don't think I have room for any more, unless I catch DH gone, and start a new bed!! Do you want any that I might have? I can send you a list of what is supposed to be there, by dmail.

Thanks, Neal, if you have a few to spare, I would love it. (-:

Taynors, you might like some tropical MW around the yard. I find it a cute flower for a 'country garden' and it blends well with echinaceas, daisies, red or yellow daylilies, etc. It's about 3 to 4 feet tall in our garden. This particular MW grows as an annual up North. Way down south it's a perennial. It's not invasive, either. Mainly a happy plant, although it does get aphids which is bothersome.

I use it mainly to attract Monarchs and other butterflies to my yard. It is the favorite Milkweed for the Monarchs to lay their eggs on, so eventually the caterpillars chew the leaves down, but that's OK 'cause then you have the beautiful monarchs in the garden.

The Hummingbirds like to nectar on it too.

See you all at the RU! t.

Hey, joycet, if you are interested in the Verbena Bonarienses I can bring you some seedlings.

Now this is the Tall Verbena that the butterflies love, but some find it troublesome in the garden because it reseeds so readily and is kind of spindly and tall. It was an All American selection some years ago, though.

Tobasco yes i was thinking the same thing. I know when i had a milk weed before at our old house it got some kind of catapillar ? but not a monarch catipillar :( i did enjoy it.
I do like verbana. I have plenty of room for it . Saw it at Lowes today and was thinking hmmm this looks nice. ? !
I still havn't gotten around to that restaurant you told me about :( but im sure i will go this year. LOL

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

T! Thanks!

Columbus, OH

tabasco, I love that verbena *blush*

I have some extra coronaria "angel blush" and probably purple coneflowers, too.

Well, I'll bring as much as I can spare and we can divvie it up. I'm happy to share.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Our yard was much prettier last year and will be for years to come from t's Winter Sows and Perenials she has has shared w/ us.
The 'Sweet Kate' tradescantia and Geraniums are going like gang busters!

BTW t we finally had to deer fence a bit.
Our Iris at the end of the yard got munched..... sound familiar? LOL!

Ric

Ric, you need an outside dog. Here we are never bothered with the deer, they made a wide path around my yard. Guess they are just judging from the barking that there are big critters here, if only they knew the size of these dogs!!

Columbus, OH

tabasco, mine reseed well, though I recommend them for anyone who doesn't grow them already...

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

This is the first time we've ever been hit.
Wu does a great job but these were outside the fence.
I asked our neighbor to let his Akida 'water the bed' that should keep them moving.
Plus we're putting up a few moth balls..... it's not as big a deal as t's.
They stripped her Iris plants bare..... dozens of them!

Oh, my, that's nasty, ric! The deer must really be nosey to wander down your street!

I have gone through gallons of Deer Scram, Deer Off, blah, blah, this spring and so far, so good.

Still have many of my iris except the ones I ran over in the car. I'm worse than the deer this year.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

My Verbena bonariensis seedlings are just starting to show up- I was beginning to wonder if they'd reseed this year. I was pleasantly surprised to find some sprouting that aren't seedlings, but plants that survived the winter! While transplanting them around the garden I found the tiny seedlings that have reseeded.

Also found some Dahlias I'd forgotten to dig up last fall that have survived the winter and growing nicely! Odd winter- completely killed one of my roses and caused a lot of die back on others (which probably had a lot to do with them going into winter stressed from drought), but Snapdragons, Dahlias, and Verbena survived.

oh great another thing deeer will eat ! LOL i hope they don't find mine

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL t!

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

The deer ate my lilies but left my iris alone, or maybe it was the groundhog, the chipmunks, or the squirrels, the raccoons, the possums; don't we love our furry friends!

next spring i will be ready for them !!!

Sue what you gonna do get a gun, a dog, or a combination of both?

was thinking of a invisible fence .
LOL but i got a guy who is going to hunt in our woods this fall.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Lou...I'm so sad :O( I tried to divide the yarrow and it keeps breaking off. I can't even get any roots.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Neal, I will pot up some hens and chicks for you.

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Neal if you still have any sedums I would
like to have a start of them.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Will anyone be having mimosa babies? I don't want the kind that have stickers (thorns) on them though.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

If anyone is interested, I have Sweet Autumn clematis. They are small but they grow fast!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

... and take over, at least they did in Asheville!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Joyce!

Pauletta, sure, I'll put your name on some of the sedums.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Joyce how many Mimosa's do you need?
I'm sure we'll have dozens to hundreds here in no time......

Marcy Robyn says she needs some more.
Also when do YOU do your pruning and how far?
She forgot what you told her about that.

Ric

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.