(10 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I live smack dab in the center of Oregon.^_^

Susan105

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

West of the Mississippi.

Joan - (who's grumbling today about where she lives. We got hailed on yesterday and today we have a two day blizzard bearing down on us that's gonna drop up to 15 more inches of snow.)

Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

N. California , SF east bay.
We have pretty great weather most of the time here. A couple of hours will get you to snow (in the winter) or to the beach.
I feel lucky
Linda

Havelock, Canada

Havelock, Ontario, Canada

Half way between Ottawa and Toronto.

Population of Havelock - 1300

We live in a somewhat rural area but we are in "the village of Havelock." It is actually officially Havelock, Belmont, Methuen township. Everything is literally about 2 blocks away. Anything else desired requires a trip out of the village. We have 700 acres of Conservation/Wetland about 1/2 block north of us. We also have a park that leads into about 15 acres of wooded area that has trails. Great place to live if you like quiet and good neighbours. At least that has been our experience.

Live here with one DH, two dogs and two domestic rabbits that live indoors with us in their cages but do get to roam around periodically
Almost forgot the tropical fish. About 15 of them, various kinds. They are DH's.

Elaine and Otis

Algonac, MI

MARS!!! All men are from Mars.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

West of the Mighty Mississippi and only 11 or so miles south of the Big Muddy. East of Kansas City a ways. :~)

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

finally - a question we can all answer correctly!

on the outskirts of the Seattle Metro area, a.k.a. "ColdWet".

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Europe. Which country?: United Kingdom

According to this poll & a certain Czech artist, the UK isn't part of Europe. ;)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

East of the Mississippi in the mountains of the eastern Kentucky coal fields.

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

I'm west of the river for the last 2 years but born and raised east of it in Urbana Illinois, lived in Belvidere IL and in Ft. Knox Ky and Baumholder, Germany.
I sure like it in Texas and love the growing season since I can grow stuff year round but I sure miss the wonderful soil of Illinois for growing things over this sandy stuff here LOL, but I'm learning what to do thanks to the wonderful people here in Texas.

hey Sue I have to ask as seeing Moline brought back memories of 2 families I meet back in my high school years on vacation up in Wisconsin.
ya know anyone named Messmer or Appleby.

LE TAMPON, Reunion (French)

Reunion island. Geographicaly speaking it is closer to Mauritius than any other place, then Madagascar, then Africa but as it is a French department with many Indian and Chinese people as well as folks from Europe, Gujarat, Ceylon, Madagascar and Africa it is a real melting pot and a pleasant one I must add.

Thumbnail by jjacques
Pasadena, CA(Zone 9b)

West of the Mississippi River - California - Southern - Los Angeles County - City of Pasadena.
One of the most treed cities in Southern California, and with warm weather nearly year 'round. Summers can be hot, and we get an occasional frost in winter (last year exactly one night at 32 degrees). A great place for a gardener. We get summers off (except for mowing and weeding, of course).

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

East of the Mississippi. Right on the Atlantic coast.

I'm surprised to see that we (East of the Mississippi) are the larger group in the US - so far at least. Aren't we the smaller group in terms of size (sq miles)?

Nice to see so many folks from other countries. : )

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

You are the larger group in terms of population, scutler. Another nice feature in the West is the open space.

North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

Way west of the Mississippi in North Pole, Alaska. Not the magnetic North Pole at the top of the earth, but a small town just south of Fairbanks in the 49th state of the USA, though many people consider us to be "Other"...LOL

Middleburgh, NY

I'm in Huntersland, NY. We are in the very northern fringes of the Catskill Mountains in NY state. My hamlet has about 140 people. The nearest village (5 miles away) has 1300 people. The entire county has only 34,000 people. People tend to think NYC when they hear NY and figure the population must be very dense throughout the state. Not here in "upstate" NY! It's farms and gorgeous scenery of woods, lakes and streams.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Jackson, Mo. I'm 15 miles west of the Mississippi River and about two hours south of St. Louis. I was raised on a farm in Oklahoma. I still swell with pride when I hear the song "Oklahoma".
I do enjoy Jackson. It's a small friendly town and you can grow a lot of plants here. It gets really humid in August. We have many, many ornamental trees and shrubs and lots of them are in bloom right now as well as the daffodils.
If we want a weekend get away, we can go to St Louis, Memphis or Nashville.

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

good ole Macomb Michigan....

(Zone 1)

I am Southeast of the Mississippi, Daytona Beach, Florida to be exact. It's college spring break time right now in this tourist town, so there are many students in town enjoying the great weather we've been having. I don't know how they can go in that water though, ocean temp is only in the 63º- 65ºF range ... too cold for us southerners!

http://www.daytonavisit.com/beachcam2-db.htm

South Hamilton, MA

25 miles NE of Boston, zone 6a. We can grow a few plants they can't grow farther west which is zone 5--Tulip popular is one & have good look as it is the top of the extent of its range. But being only 5 miles from the ocean (10 by road) plants seem to start later than some places west of Boston which are in z 5.

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

I am also now a Floridian, but was in England for most of my life.

Kalamazoo, MI

Motown.

Hi Delane!

This message was edited Mar 24, 2009 10:33 AM

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Definitely east of the Mississippi in NYS. I probably live just a few miles from HERBIE in Dutchess County. We are about 1.5 hours north of the city, and east of the Hudson River. Some people call us "upstate", but I hear we are really considered downstate since we are now more of a bedroom community to NYC. Wasn't like this when we moved here! There are still a few apple farms left....

Dallastown, PA(Zone 6a)

Dallastown, PA... I relocated from Baltimore, MD... Dallastown is a small town in York County... Small town life agrees with my husband and me! :)

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

I live in Pakistan.
Yasir

East of the Mississippi, in a city in SW Ohio. I'm a transplant from southern New Jersey. I've been out here for a long time but I still miss the beautiful marshlands of south Jersey. I went from the rural farmlands of Jersey to a city in the midwest--from acidic sandy soil to alkaline clay and at least one zone colder. After 28 years, I still miss "home".

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

dparsons01,

Thanks for the answer. Make sense. We have a fair amount of space where I live, too, (especially in the surrounding areas) but I guess the population is pretty dense in some of the bigger cities like NY, Miami and such and even in the more densely populated states. Someday I hope to see your part of the country for myself. Thanks again.

Merritt Island, FL(Zone 10a)

East Coast, Central Fl. Near Cocoa Beach and the Kennedy Space Center.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

About 20 miles west of the Mississippi. I've sat on the sandbars and played in the dirty water.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm in Southwest Washington, just north of Portland, OR on the north side of the Columbia River-and about as far south as you can live in Washington. We're actually south of Astoria, OR due to the bend in the river.Or, Astoria is north of us due to the bend in the river....either way, here I am. :)

Romayor, TX

Help me ID this

Thumbnail by bobrobin
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

bobrobin, please post your photo to the Plant Identification forum here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/plantid/all/ That forum is open to all members, whether subscribed or not.

Romayor, TX

Help me ID this. I live in East Texas on the edge of Big Thicket. They grow all over the area. The leaves are serrated not even like Foxglove. I have really tried and would appreciate help.

Thumbnail by bobrobin
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL!

I so wanted to vote "Other"!

Actually, I could, this is the Land of the State of Jefferson, according to some who have long wanted to be "other".

West of the Mississippi for sure.

One thing I deeply appreciate about this forum is the global connecting; Pakistan, China, Africa, -- it makes me feel good to be connected in this way. ;-)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Other for now. I spend the non-gardening season riding dolphins in the ocean, racing emu chariots across deserts and touring on asteroids. During gardening season, I live in the big Rocks west of the Mississippi and north of the the Lower 48. Checked out Googlemap and I think I'm in Canada. Wait let me check outside for flags to confirm.....

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I live east of the Mississippi, in Georgia.

Elsa, I have a friend that lives in Klerksdorp. He was born and raised near there and is now a priest. We hope to one day be able to travel and visit him. I have seen pictures and you are truly blessed to live in such a beautiful country!

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I thought we were keeping our asteroid plans secret dahlianut! Don't tell people.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ooops ok mum's the word

South Hamilton, MA

My astroid can beat your astroid!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.