Weird weird '09... #5

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/949497/

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

That's right! I forgot. WOOHOO!!! Have fun unpacking.

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

The next 10 days are moving stuff to the new house and cleaning; I hate this part. I might not be back on till I get the computer moved to the new house and set up, so I'm trying to get all of "my" threads done up with a new page. We got the keys today, though they need to do some work in the bathroom, so we won't be staying there regularly at least until sometime next week.

I should be back on regularly by the 9th at the latest, though I lost the day care job, so I have less time I'm forced to be on the computer. I will try to make a point of getting on and posting pictures when I get them taken in the next couple days.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Laura, have fun moving! Sorry to here you lost your job. :-( If we don't see you before then we'll see you on the 9th!
Susan105

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

good luck with the moving Laura. I sure hope that it goes as smoothly as possible for you. Sorry about the loss of your job. Was it many hours/wk for you? Hopefully it will lead to one that you like better, even if it takes some time to find it.

Mortswife.... I'm sorry to hear that you're getting the silly what stuff again. However, that means you can help keep the "frosty stuff" thread going! (sorry, promoting the other thread here :-p ) You actually had a rose blooming now???? that's great! But, not so great with the snow. They said that there's a good chance that we'll get snow tonight. So far so good on that not happening though. I hope it stays this way.

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

They are predicting 0-2" in our area....don't need it right now with Laura's move and playing taxi for mom and friends....just want to stay home and play....

Got this shot down the street while walking the dog today...

Thumbnail by zhinusmom
Lakeview, OR(Zone 7b)

I get all of my pictures off the net. I can't grow anything that nice, nor would our weather allow it. I still have a 2' snowdrift by my paper box!

Thumbnail by mortswife97630
Eugene, OR

They keep saying snow for us tonight rc, but it seems too warm. The pond is full again and the frogs are insane tonight.

Eugene, OR

Hope we stay in this room, I feel like I'm at a tennis match.LOL

I agree!!

Eugene, OR

rc.....are you getting rain, it was just coming down here in buckets!! Lastest a long time.

I was getting a little rain earlier. But, nothing like pouring buckets. Now it has warmed up a little (45 deg) , no wind, and no rain. To me that signals that freaky warm spell before the storm. It smells like snow outside.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Went to see the Lion King tonight at the Paramount (Boring tale, but BOFFO costumes! Loved those hyenas!!!). When we came out of the theater there were a few snowflakes. By the time I got to my place in NE Seattle, it was coming down like crazy......and looked to be sticking. I just took the last of the recycling out to the curb (tomorrow is garbage day), and the garbage can lid is covered with snow. I was hopeful that spring was almost here -- but I guess it was just wishful thinking.

There's nothing wrong with our thinking being full of wishes. But does Nature hear us?? That's not good though. I was really hoping that the forcasters were going to be off by a few hundred feet on the snow level predictions. Apparently they were right. I sure hope that you don't get that much of it up there James.

I don't think that I've seen you on this thread before James. Have I? Well, welcome just the same if I am way behind! How much more snow does Seattle have to get before it reaches the season snowfall record?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

And now, here I am this morning, looking out the window from my study...with snow still falling.

Thumbnail by Jamesk
Lakeview, OR(Zone 7b)

James, that looks so familiar to me. Except my snow is reaslly dirty, it's been here so long. "This too shall Pass" :-)

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

James, welcome. I know how you feel. This is what our place looked like this morning. It wasn't snowing when I went to bed around 12:30, and it's still snowing.
Susan105

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

That was to the east, this is to the south.
Susan105

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

And the cows out in the back with snow on their backs. They're kind of far away in the middle of the pic.
Susan

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

At least it isn't like this from Jan last year. Lucky the bull.
Susan105

This message was edited Feb 26, 2009 8:15 AM

This message was edited Feb 26, 2009 8:16 AM

Thumbnail by gardener105
Lakeview, OR(Zone 7b)

Gardener, I look out the window and see blue sky, I look again and it's black clouds. They seem to be moving east quickly. We may have 70 degrees by this afternoon! The sky is turning blue again...............

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

mortswife, the sky is getting a little lighter. The high today is supposed to be 33°! YIPEEE!!!!
Susan105

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Blue skies!.....but still on the chilly side out there!

Thumbnail by Jamesk
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Gorgeous pic Jamesk!!!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Why are you keeping all of the blue sky to yourself, James?
Here is what I am looking at out my front door. I am only an hour southeast of you.

Thumbnail by LynnPhillips
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Yikes! Lynne, I'm glad the wind is coming from the southwest!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Oh my Lynn! The snow is melting here.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful snow pics everyone. We had little white stuff also. I posted some over on the 'frosty stuff' channel.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Willow, I just looked at your pictures on the other thread. Very cool.
Oopsey, I got a little over anxious for spring last weekend, and pruned some of my roses. Now they are freezing their little buds off.

I love your blue skies james!

Those skies look ominous Lynn.... I hope that you're not getting more.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

It shouldn't hurt your roses Lynn.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

James is that some kind of Malus tree. Wonderful shaping of tree trunks. The sun is bright here also but the weather is much nicer.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Steve, it's an Italian Prune. Loaded with bushels of fruit every August. Can't even give it all away.

Redchic, the blue skies were fleeting. We ended up under clouds again this afternoon. Temperature maxed out at 37.8 degrees. Still quite a bit of snow on the ground, but at least the streets and driveway cleared out.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I like the winter profile. And I too don't need any of its fruit thank you. LOL

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

That doesn't look like Flathead Lake to me Sofer.

Did anyone notice this thread now says weird weird instead of weird weather?

This message was edited Feb 26, 2009 6:09 PM

Lakeview, OR(Zone 7b)

Maybe it's a statement!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Of fact! ^_^

(Judi)Portland, OR

Sofer's daydreaming again. Palm trees and sun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.