Laurie's Garden Tour 2

Eugene, OR

What must people think of me? I hosted Lingernot on his gnome travels. Hahaha

Pix...love your studious little guy and Jame's gnome on the bunny is too funny. Is that Hare Transport?

I've been known to do both! LOL! Depends on so many things.... you just never have seen my 'clueless' look because we're always around plants when we're together. That makes a very big difference, you know!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Well . . . maybe. I'll need to see that to believe it. You kinda got that Leo leadership thing going on, I think.

Hey, I hosted Lingernot, too! So I think it's pretty fun, don't I? I started a traveling gnome a few years ago on DG and we all had a grand time until someone decided they wanted to keep him. Never saw him again. I can only hope he is being treated well...Here's my fishing gnome.

Thumbnail by

Now Kathy, you know that's only the Sun sign. But yeah, it's a curse sometimes.

Eugene, OR

That's right Pix, I had forgotten you had him too. It was fun, something to do through the winter. Sorry you lost your gnome.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Pix, it's all about the energy :0)

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I will be nice to your gnomes! Your fishing gnome has character. And I really do like Jame's gnome riding the bunny. I have a fairy or two and some little one arm pixies.

Dinner was great, and the company was even better. We truly had a wonderful visit. I am looking forward to meeting each and every one of you.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Rachie - Not sure where he came from. My sister gave him to me. I think she re-gifted. My sis is definitely not a gnome-loving type. Her loss...

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Melissa the best way to get people to stop talking with you and leave you alone is to loudly pass gas. LOL
Yes we had a great time with conversation and friendship. Lynn's husband Joe was a real trooper to put up with plant discussions. The food was totally stuffing. I am still full.
I ended up not doing a surgery because I could not find any bladder, urethral stones with the cat. Kind of a bummer because I do not know what is causing chronic bladder pain. Probably interstitial cystitis.

LOL! Sofer, I spend many years teaching my children that passing gas was something one did in the bathroom, not in public. I don't think I can go back on that now.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Dirt had better be warned about our talent for hijacking threads with obscure topics.

I tried to teach my kids that passing gas was natural and healthy but the boys still thought it was the funniest thing in the world. Why do they think it is so hilarious and entertaining? Males.

Lakeview, OR(Zone 7b)

UH-males have no class?

Thumbnail by mortswife97630
Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Portland, it is the funniest thing in the world, utterly embarassing without being humiliating! How good is that!

And Pix, I just have that 'if-you-are-going-to-ask-me-a-question-it-had-better-be-a-good-one' type of manner. I am perfectly civil, I just don't look all that friendly.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh, yeah, Pix - I'm sure there's more to you. But traits of some signs will "out" and I can definitely see that one. There's no hiding it. Hee hee. Sort of like our president - a Leo also, as was his party's previous president. I see an archetypal theme here: King - or Queen, as it were - of the Jungle. And that's Jungle with a capital J.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

First laughter is often combined with a loud outburst of voice and gas when instinctual. That is how we were made. Only the Feminization of social protocol has attempted to remove that. But you know if "Miss Manners" heard a doosy and had chili the day before both would come out and the room would be filled with laughter. Males are just honest with their emotions.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Isn't that why we have dogs? So nobody would have to own up to that embarrassing but "perfectly naturally" occurrence?

Shelton, WA(Zone 8b)

Hello...I am new here and was just enjoying reading this thread when I read Sofer's last comment and started laughing so hard I was crying! I just had to thank you for a great laugh Sofer!...............I'm still laughing.....................

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Welcome, serafyn. He's always like that, so be sure to come back for more. :-)

And, Steve, how does passing gas without remorse equate to being honest with your emotions? Are you saying that, for men, having emotions is the same as being gassy?

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Kathy I am saying that laughing is natural and healthy. As men laugh they toot as women laugh they cry Serafyn welcome. The best thing about joy is witholding nothing. "Men are able to express their feelings better than women." Especially those feelings of pressure!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I think some men have a misundertanding of some things feminine!

Glad to see you here serafyn.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Katie I think you hit the nail on the head - men think that passing gas is an emotion. That explains so much.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Well done Portland. You "one upped" me.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2009 9:16 AM

(Judi)Portland, OR

Sofer - nice try but now your emotions are connected to food. Try just looking at your wife and going into rapture about the person that is sharing your life and sharing other "fruits." No hiding behind gas, food, sports or plants. But I have to give you an A for trying!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Laurie, For you. ^_^

Do not want to go there, have had the Tummy flu, and have done all if not more. Icky

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

My DW knows every day the value she is in my life. I am the talker and she the quiet one but we sure make each a better half of the glorious whole. Anyway I do all of the cooking. My DW eats frozen food when I am not home.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Mary - I hope you're feeling better.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Cool Sofer - then she is a lucky woman! And you cook as well!

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

An aspect to this topic not touched on: the musical qualities men are able to achieve.
Tone, scale, timing & yet another sound effect to add to their repertoire.
From the discussions I have been privy to, it seems that this talent is held in high esteem. The olfactory injury is viewed as a temporary, but necessary nuisance.
It's all about sound effects, and location of origin.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I used to have a husband who would say,"Speak to me sweetly oh toothless one". He not around anymore.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Willow - hee hee.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Kayte I am still laughing and having trouble typing. LOL ROTFALMBO
Willow you are wise and funny.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Laurie -

I just ran across this thread on the equine forum - all about a DGers visit to London. I think she's still there. You might want to put in your two cents: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/956512/

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

"starter castle" - ahhhh, gotta love it!

I'm still stuck on equating gas with emotional states. Then he equates food with emotional states. I will never understand, I guess. Then he blames manners on women. Like that's a bad thing, too. Who was it who said that it was the mother's role to civilize the boy? Maybe Freud, or maybe Jung? Whoever said it was probably correct. And it's a BIG job!

Eugene, OR

If it's an emotional thing, how come boys always have contests? And like Katye said

Quoting:
Tone, scale, timing & yet another sound effect to add to their
are the criteria for judging.

I raised three boys....ah the memories. Could never really get the normal bodily function bit across because I was laughing too hard. LOL

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

They never outgrow the need to express themselves with creativity. But I am not going to throw stones as I live in a glass house.

(Judi)Portland, OR

I can relate to that Sally - I have 5 boys and they were so funny. My youngest turns 23 tomorrow. All grown up but still funny!

Eugene, OR

Don't think that ever changes!!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Sound effects!!! That is my problem!! I have 14 boys and 7 girls in my class this year, and sometimes we can hardly function because someone is always making a noise of one kind or another and setting everybody else off laughing. Try teaching someone to read when they can't get over the giggles. the "stern teacher look" doesn't even work in this case. Maybe we can chalk this up to music education (tone, scale, etc.)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.