NEW 2009 " FREEPORT SPRING SWAP"

Grand Rapids, MI

Ronna, I replied to your Dmail... Thank you! I'm also very interested in lilies of valley. Susie, your ajuga sounds good. I have a bed in back full of English ivy that is doing a number on a rhododendron but thanks. See you soon! SB

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

How about some goldielocks? Man does that stuff ever spread!!! Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Shellbelle...........I have TONS of myrtle......I'll bring you as much as you want. Just let me know.

Susie.I'll be to your house about 3:00 if thats OK? The little gal is anxious to be back with her sweetie.

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

I was going to repot some of the perennials today, but the wind is too ridiculous to walk to the
GH in. I have to get out there to water.

I have a lot of wonderful poppies baby tinies, and tons of baby tinies for the swap. These are
all started seeds from this March/April. Some were viable, some not, I will bring the ones
that are viable and growing. : ))))))))))

Sheri

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

I am going to bring a gift also. I will go this weekend to Ace garden shop.
Who has the grill for grilling? I want shish kabobs, the heck with the wienies.

What I really want is s'mores, but that is NOT on my diet. I have lost 15 lbs since
February!!! Hooray!!!

I will have to drop off my DH Lou at Hastings in the morning, and then get to
the swop and then get back to Hastings later on, or maybe he can drop me off
in the morning at freeport, and pick me up after farmers market, which might
work because farmers market ends at 1pm.
Its all too confusing.

Sher

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Sher I can alway take you home its on my way . Oh Birdie you should see the play pen now 3 time the size it was :)))

oh gals got to have way to much & I'm just to over whelmed with all I have to do . around here but i hope to get it all done sometime before next year :))) . will post a couple pictures later if i don't forget :))

I would like for everyone to BRING With You gardening Gift For there will be a Drawing for them
""IF YOU BRING A GIFT YOU WILL GET ONE BACK""""

& Yes sher if you want to fix cabob let me know I will help by bring some veggies & JENNY_O's
MMMMMM GOOOD .
Just let me know :) & I'm sure others might also maybe bring charcoal , they have a gril there at the park
just not sure how clean it would be :) .

well i need to go back out side.
will check back in later .

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Susie I want to thank you for all the great plants you gave us the other day. I had a great time meeting you and having lunch too. Okay question.... I took out all of the daylilies I had and put yours in.

How long can the roots sit out with out being planted? I wanted to take them to the hospital I work at for the planting day on the 27th. Will that be to long or should they be in dirt by then?

They are asking for volunteer plants! LOL. So any extras of mine will be going there. Have a great weekend. Ronna

Ronna Just cut the tops off put them in plastic bags with dirt . around them & then they will be fine . as long as you do not shut up the bags & you keep them watered .

I had just as much fun as you gals did . & hope to meet again :) at the swap for sure :)

well maybe you can find a few more plants at the swap :)

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Sound like maybe I could. I may take a few of mine to the hospital for the grounds! Ronna

OK ALL JUST 1 MORE WEEK AS OF TODAY :)))) I HAVE LOADS OF PLANTS :) ASK BIRDIE & RONNA HEHE. OH ANYONE HAVE ANY RED HARDY HIBISCUS ?? OR PINK'S I HAVE GALS ASKING FOR THEM .

i HAVE A FEW TREES ASH, SUGAR MAPLE, & WHITE DOGWOOD IF ANYONE LIKE SAY SO & i WILL BRING WITH. OH IF ANYONE HAS ANY GAL OR QT SIZE PLANTERS THAT YOU DO NOT WANT COULD YOU PLEASE BRING TO SHARE WITH US .

ANY GARDEN ITEMS YOU MAY NOT USE ANY MORE MIGHT COME IN HANDY FOR SOMEONE ELSE .
BOOKS, MAGAZINES, SEEDS, PLANTERS , ANYTHING USEABLE THAT YOU DO NOT WANT ANY MORE .

THERE WILL BE A TRADE TABLE FOR THESE ITEMS .

JUST SO YOU KNOW THERE IS A SMALL RESTRANT JUST DOWN THE STREET FROM THE PARK SO IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BRING A LUNCH YOU CAN BUY ONE .
I HOPE TO HAVE THE COFFEE POT ON :) BUT IF ANYONE WANTS POP OR WATER YOU WILL HAVE TO BRING IT WITH YOU . :)

CAN HARDLY WAIT TO GET YOU ALL TOGETHER :)

HAVE A GREAT WEEK GET THOSE PLANTS READY :)
SUSIE

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Susie, just so I have this all straight, and a list........tell me what I'm missing.
For the swap bring.......PLANTS,
Chair,
lunch,
a gift exchange (IF we want to participate)
any extra garden supplys for swap or trade?
Possibly our own table?
(And your peacock egg)
Can you tell me what I am forgetting?
Can't wait to visit again.
and I'm back home now too.
Birdie

WELL It's all Cottage_rose's Fault :) Guess what ???? We have 8 more little ones :) momma brought them out this morning . they just melted my heart :) 8 little bandits :)

& Birdie Got Me into TURKEY"S & Tring To Get me into Peacocks :) Oh Thought I had a GARDENING GROUp But Looks as my Place is a petting Zoo .

I don't dare to tell you that your missing anything I think you have covered it all :) right now i'm to busy with critters no time for my plants :(

I can hardly wait till the swap also I have a feeling we will have many more then last year & If so I'm going to be re cruiting you & Ronna's BIG TIME HELP :))) well have to go into town soon so chat later .

susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh, Deejay, I am sure you can count on everyones help.... For sure! Sounds like it will be so much fun. Well I am hungry. Have to fix some chow! Ronna

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Susie...I told you to give those ducks birth control pills! ;o)

Think you told me just a little to late vick :) they are just the cuties :) 6 more days :) got to get my tush in gear this week :) i've about 50 plants to load up .

I Know I can count On my friends when needed :) this will be a great swap .:))

well i have to go get a belt for my lawn tractor or this grass will be knee high before the 4th of JUNE :(

have a great day

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

I talked to Susie this afternoon, and she wanted me to mention to you guys to bring just a cheap dollar store tablecloth if you have one. Then we won't need to clean up the tables when we're done. Also., just a quick tip. Ya know how we all get those free return address labels in the mail? Those work real well if you want to tag anything,or to just use at the sign in table. Or I even put them on index cards cut in half, and hand them out to anyone that you might want to be able to contact you. Just a idea.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Birdie do you need any help with getting your plants ready for the swap? Please let me know if you do. Also where and when do you want to meet? Should I just come to your house? I have no idea which way Freeport is! LOL. Ronna

Good evening everyone
what a busy busy day Between being a taxi driver , critters , & packing a box & planting plants , fixing supper,
shhhheeeeeeee I'm POOOPPPPPED So just wanted to let you all know that I hope to get my signs up at all roads into town . once you find freeport witch is very easy to get to off M50 or M43 .

but you can also use map quest . will be the best way to tell you how to get here from your house .
anyone that think you might be lost :)) Can call me on my cell Phone 269-908-9969 we will talk you in :)

anyone haven any flower pots that you no longer want or need can bring them in for others that could proble use them . do not worry about cleaning them just bag them in garbage bags .

well I really need to crash Tonight So birdie I will call you in the morning . what is a good time ???

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Ronna, I think I could use some help, I'll know more tomorrow afternoon.
Susie I'll try to be by the phone in the morning around 9:00. I think I'll be bringing some garden items, maybe cool pots, or chimes, or trash 2 treasure stuff, IF i don't have enough plants.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

one more thin susie, I made a "sign in" sign for the table.

Cool ty I have the Sign's covered I Hope Now they are calling for some rain but looks as if it is going to clear off by Noon so that will be great :) .

Sorry girls Don't think I will have time to bake a peanut butter cake to bring this year . Just don't think i will be able to find the time :( .

Don't forget your GARDEN Gift For the drawing . I Have to remake my todo list again
well time to chat with my brother & sister so you all have a great day .
birdie chat soon
susie

Grand Rapids, MI

Oh no, no peanut butter cake :-) I guess we'll live :-) Susie, I can bring nametags if you like. How many do you think I should bring. I'll design them special with a "Freeport spring swap" logo :-) Any other holes you see? I'd like to help in any way I'm able!

Shel

well shel I still have lots of the Hello name tags " so We can use them & you won;t have to use up your ink
tell ya what why not make up about 6-8 for my helppers , with the what ever you can get on them .
or for the DG Members so far I think we may have about 12-15 of the members is they can make it .

so if you can make them special that would be nice & A Special KEEPSAKE :)
well I need to go back out side.

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello there all! Only a couple of days left until the swap! I am actually going to be able to attend this one. So it sure is sounding fun! I have a few plants ready have to buy some more dirt, man that stuff goes fast. I am not really looking for anything special just shade stuff. Even if I don't find any thats fine to at least I get to share what I have. Ronna

Yes only a couple more days & I am so excited not just plants but meeting so many gardening friends
sure wish Jazz & Dori, & latebloomertoo & flowergirl could make it love to see you ladies.

as i said freeport is a very small town sure cannot get lost there . easy to find the part just ask anyone if you see anyone on the streets :)

park next to the firebarns :)
well i promised wiggle i would come help her this morning pot up some goodies for sharing .
so have to get off here .

have a great day .

susie

Caro, MI(Zone 5a)

I would love to be able to come and meet everyone too! Perhaps next year the economy will be better and I will be better able to do a little traveling.

Susie, did you see the post where I mentioned that I spotted a few morrels in the area? I only saw two or three here, but there must be more on the state land nearby. DH said a guy that he works with found 15# of them last weekend! Just give me a couple days warning so I can get one of the guys to dig those ferns for you. How many did you want?

I can't believe that I am saying this already, but yesterday it got too hot here to work outside! I'm getting an earlier start today though, still so much to do. Our neighbor came over with his tractor and tilled our vegetable garden. (We have a sweet deal, he tills and I bake him a fresh blueberry pie.)

I wish that I was a little bird and I'd be there this weekend. Have a wonderful time!

Mary Ellen

mary ellen I'm sorry i must have missed that post i have been so busy to even think about the rooms forgive me just seem as if I cannot make allot of plans for something happens .

I really will try to get over your way as soon as things slow down around here .

mary ellen I'd be happy to help you with gas :))) Just as long as you could get here :))) & you do not have to bring any plants to have fun with us . :) the park is such a cute & very cool little park with a huge play ground for the kids .
Well i need to get a few plants potted up so have a great day everyone .

susie

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

Thank you to Suzie who came selflessly this morning early and helped me repot/tp about 200 seedlings.

We got it almost all done, except for the poppies and the little teenie weenies, which I will let grow till
later on in the summer for my farmers market stand.

Wow its HOT. Someone Flipped The Switch. LOL.

Suzie told me to cover the greenhouse with shade cloth and I just got it done. The wind helped me. : /

I have a million seedlings that have come up and are growing they are a bit spindly, but hey, they are
named perennials and they are free, so come on people, come and get em while they are hot.

I have Heuchera 1991 Plant of the Year Purple Palace, they make gorgeous shaped domed mounds,
neat looking of purple and goldish leaves and send up a frothy stem of flowers too.

I have Purple Flamingo Salvias, purple and blues and maybe some reds, I dont know. LOL.

Acqueligias, coreopsis, astilbe (might be too small yet, I will check). Lots of my seeds were not
viable from the seed trade club, so many varieties I planted this year never grew. Oh well. At least
I tried!

See you all on Saturday!!!
Sheri

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

I hope everyone here knows I sell wedding gowns and formals.

I have around 300 wedding gowns in stock all sizes brand new with tags, and the formals
are the ones from PartyTime and 17magazine.

My dresses go for around $100 wedding gown, and the formals around $25 to $50.
please dm me
sheri

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh I wish we had known that! My daughter is getting married in September. Just got her dress and all the brides- maids dresses also. Oh well to late now. She loves her dress so much.. Well I will meet you at the swap I am sure.

Is any one bringing any hostas? I would love to know what kind of them you are bringing! Or any shade perennials. I am pooped! Been busy all day long. Some day off huh? Well work tomorrow then off sat. Have a nice day all. Its been a bad allergy day! Yuckie. I went to Wedels toady and got a beutiful Ligularia I did not have yet. Very pretty. Excited. See you all on Sat Ronna

Ronna I will be bringing a couple hosta's & I think my sister maybe bringing a few . do you like or need any variegated ones
I have
Blue cadet
gold standard
variegated veronica Lake I think it is I have to look it up for sure .

wish I could sit up & type allot but it has been a very long day sheri it was a nice to Glad I could help .

susie 1 more day .

susie

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

Is anyone bringing cookies? I love cookies.
I think if I have time I will make a pound cake with our eggs. mmmm. nice and fresh.

sher

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Any hosta is fine with me, Susie. See you on Saturday, Ronna

As much as I would love to meet all of you folks I am so busy that I just won't be able to make it again this year. :(
I will be sooo glad when at the end of this month my work hours are going to be cut way back and I will have time to breath and do my housework and gardening again.
Couldn't some of us meet for lunch sometime on 28th St. in GR?
Hope you have a great time.
I wish I could be there!
Waaaa!!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

cottage Rose I would love to do that sometime. I live in Plainwell! Let me know when and where! Ronna

Maybe we can organize a lunch get together
if enough want to meet.

WELL ANOTHER GREAT SWAP JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL THE DG MEMBERS MAKING THIS SO WONDERFUL :)
HEAR IS OUR GROUP DG MEMBERS LEFT TO RIGHT BACK ROW

RONNA (GARDENLADY123) BIRDIE (BIRDIE1) SUSIE (DEEJAY9) SHERI (WIGGLEPAW) LEANN (BIZZIE11 & HUBBY KRIS , & OUR OWN SHEL ( SHELBELLE) RIGHT UP FRONT .

PICTURE #1

Thumbnail by deejay9

I WILL LET BIRDIE POST THE PICTURES IF SHE CAN mINE TURNED OUT TO DARK . & i WANT YOU TO SEE THE GREAT PLANTS EVERYONE BROUGHT EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SMALL

It was fun
I'm so tired right now I need to rest up will be back in the morning to brag about it :)

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Susie I had a great time!!! It sure was very nice to meet other Dave Gardeners and talk plants.... Ronna

Gosh I'm surprised more people didn't come!?
Well its a busy weekend.
Time to set you tender plants out...finally!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.