NEW 2009 " FREEPORT SPRING SWAP"

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Birdie excuse me but what is a narragansett? Some kind of a bird? How is you hubby doing? Ronna

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Hey Birdie I will trade you a few MUSCOVY Ducks for a few of your narragansetts, and peacocks HEHEE
My Ducks are sitting on about 20 eggs or more not sure how many will make it with this on & Off cold weather .

Ronna I Could Be Wrong But I Think They might be TURKEYS :)

Have a great day everyone we are Haven a family get together today so will try to get lots of pictures :)
HAPPY GARDENING
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow turkeys? Did not know they were called that! LOL. Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Ronna, Narragansetts are a heritage breed. They were given to President Lincoln, or so they say,
as a gift from the Native Americans. Also When you see a picture of the first Thanksgiving with the pilgrims,thats a Narragansett in the picture.

Susie, don't think I want any ducks:( but I'll give you a heck of a deal on some turkeys!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks, difficult name to pronounce! How is all going with everyone? The swap should be lots of fun huh? I am glad March is almost done. Its been a bad month for us... Looking forward to April. ;) Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Here is a picture of one of my Toms

Thumbnail by 1Birdie
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow he is beautiful as turkeys go! Are they the same as the wild ones I see in the fields around here? Very colorful.

OH Cool I Would Just like One or 2 just to prance around out here :) OH Boy My Neighbor's will really love me now
I'm Starting a Birds Kingdom Out here :) will chat with you soon about them :)

Where is our spring weather ?????

have a great week looks as its going to be rainy .

susie

Birdie I would love a couple babies to start with HEHEHHE

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Susie, I have a yearling Tom, out of the Tom i sent the picture of. I'll trade him for plants. Birdie

oh boy i can sure do that :) Hehehe. just pick out what you want :)

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Don't think you'd really like them Susie, had a friend that had a old tom darn thing chased me back in my truck a couple of times he was a mean one they finally got rid of him too many people had the same problem toms can be real mean.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Toms can be mean and territorial , like alot of males :) of any species!!
But I LOVE the narragansett breed, and have found them to be of nice temperment. If it doesn't work out Susie, you could always have a early Thanksgiving!!

yep i could if someone else dressed him out :)
I Do Not like to kill anything But Rabbits that get into my hostas & Lilies GRRRR.

Well i have to go Take my big well older Sister to Get Her suplies for the week :) & Take her to lunch so you all have a great day & I still want Him :)

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

consider him yours we'll work out a trade maybe next week? have fun at lunch.
birdie

well crap :( I Had spent the last 30 mins telling you about the new project I Did Yesterday & got ready to post it & It went out in cyberspace some where . & Now have to start over but won't be so long now so your lucky :)

Have to take daddy to his doctor this morning he is getting the crud back in his lungs sound rattly again i want to get him on meds before it hits his lungs like last time .

so i will post a picture of my project i did while it was soooo nice out yesterday :).

you all have a great day & Birdie I hope to chat to you soon for more details :)

susie

Here Is PEANUT ( My Dog) Louie (My Neighbors Cat Who Is Here 24/7) Max (My Muscovie Duck)
& DJ ( My African Grey Congo)

Hope the rain will wash it off today :)

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Nice project Deejay9. I am assuming its the stones and stepping stones correct? Nice. Hope your dad is feeling better soon. Terrible when they are so sick. Have a great week everyone. Ronna

Gm all Yes Rona This spot was always formming a mud hole when it rained & would have to jump over well this ole lady can not jump far these days so I just had to fix it :) It is so much Better out there I just Don't know why it took me 3 yrs to do maybe an hour 1/2 job :(
So this has got me thinking about a few other Projects that I had put off & Hope to maybe do more of them THIS YEAR :)

well do you reallize We Have 48 More days till our BIG SWAP :) & We have Snow on the ground Just anit fair .
But I'm Still going to be counting the days :)

Dads on the mend & Now I have it so got to get back on my antibiotics & go back to bed .
Birdie I will call You & Talk turkey as soon as I can get rid of this bug .

have a great day all
susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I know what you mean by projects... I recently tore apart my whole bathroom and now, We have drywalled, and repaied the vanity, I purchased some new light fixtures, we are fixing the floor and going to paint I have already primed. So we are getting to the home stretch! Wow its going to look so nice. Now for the paint color. Well I might as well being in the house its to cold out side to do anything. Saturday was wonderful I got lots of leaves picked up. Sunny. nice. Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

susie, as soon as your better, give me a call . Birdie

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

just givin the thread a bump! Here in NC we have buds on roses, jap. tree peonies in full bloom, tulips, bleeding hearts, woodland phlox, dogwoods, azalea, etc... are all in full bloom!

check out my blog to see whats going on down here! www.flowrgirl1.blogspot.com

Looking forward to getting back to MI this spring and doing some swapping. Yaaaayyyyyyyy.

BIRDIE Hope your Daughter Is Better My Phone has been on the blink it works when it wants to so sorry I have called the phone company 3 times . so call 269-945-4323 if you cannot get through on the other line .

Flowr Love your plants But I LOVE THE MuSHROOM MORE Hope you bring some back with you :)
I'll Trade you some plants for some Mushrooms :) I Haven't had any in about 5-6 yrs now .
Morrel Are the best I don't have any place to go around here .

I want to appoligize for not keeping up on this forum I am counting the days 33 to go yet :)
I have a MONTHLY Plant swap Going On Over on the group trades & so far everyone is receiving some nice Boxes . & Its Been fun chat :)

well its that time of night i need to go sit back so you all have a great evening
will try to stop back in more often .
Has anyone any questions about the swap ??? Please ask .

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

ok susie, that explains it. I'll try that phone number tomorrow.

Yes I do not know what goes on with my phone the pass 2 weeks now its fine in the early mornings then by mid noon till late late evening there is no dial tone . so please use the other # . just checked it & It is working 7 am :)

thought i would share a picture of a few of the plants i have for the swap :) did these on the warm days we had :) .

have a great day all 32 more days

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well all I have been very busy getting things ready for the swap. So far I have:
Hosta Kossa Regal
Varigated Ribbon Grass
Vinca vine (the one with blue flowers?)
One Climbing Hydrandea-- color unknown. want a good trade for this one...
Wood rush grass
Jupiters Beard
Blue Globe Thistle
Goldie Locks ground cover
Rose Campion
Spider wort small
Sedum August Joy
I will have to get some more little pots I have used all of mine up :) So thats good. Now long as everyone stays healthy at work I will be able to attend!!! I am sure I will have more hostas. ?? Have a great week, Ronna

gm all
Ronna Like what type of special trade would you like for For the climbing Hydrangea ???
I'm going out this morning to see what else I can get potted up . & I need to get it done before the high winds moving in this afternoon .

birdie our columbines will be here weds so hope to get with you on Thursday Ronna Hope you can join us :)
well got to get moving

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well I don't know what do you have???? Tempt me. I have shade and very part sun so thats the criteria! Ronna

well now I Will have some clementine columbines that go in shade I should have maybe some carol bells
have a trumpet vine , & I have 2 types of HONEYSUCKLE That will grow in shade. I will check see what else i might have :)

will let ya know soon :)

I also wanted to let you all know I'm sorry for the date of the swap I didnot think about it being MEMORIAL DAY
weekend & Many go on trips but i cannot change it so I cannot Quarnty a big Turn out But I hope there will be
many there .

I do hope all of you can make it :) if not I will understand .

my 1st Dutch iris in bloom along with a few weeds :(

susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Very cute Dutch Iris. I already have three honeysuckles. Columbine are georgeous but I have such a time with the tiny green worms? They eat all of my leaves. Cora belles ar always great! Well you just let me know okay? Your name will be at the top of the list for the hydrangea!

Plymouth, IN(Zone 5a)

I hate to do this but I'm not going to be able to make it afterall. My boyfriend bought tickets to a concert and it just didn't register when he was asking me if I wanted to go what day it was. Yup it's the 23rd. I've been looking at the driving time and there's just no way I'd be able to get there and make it home in time. Drat! And I was really looking forward to this. :(

Melanie

Grand Rapids, MI

I am so sad!!!!!!! I was pulling together my plants for the swap this weekend--all excited and told my hubby what they were for. He reminded me that the weekend of the swap is the weekend of an annual family event that is always memorial day weekend. I didn't put 2 and 2 together. I wish i could be in 2 places at once. I'd been looking forward to the swap all year! I'm so disappointed. :-(

not a problem i did not realize when i set the date that it was memorial weekend I'm so sorry thought memorial was the last weekend in may darn goverment anyway :(

look forward to next year & I promise to have a good weekend for it :) sure going to miss you shel

hapy gardening

susie

Grand Rapids, MI

Good news, I may be able to make it after all! My hubby is trying to rearrange the family plans so we could go later on Saturday. Fingers crossed!

Shel

sure hope so love to see ya again i have some great plants to share .

susie

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Sorry Susie, can't make it I've gotta work.

Looks as if we might have another small group on this but we will still have lots of fun Joe sorry you can't make it
I had some great plants for ya :) Guess the others will end up taken them :) Ronna won't mind & bizzie I know
will be hooking on a trailer behind their truck this year :) Shel was you better bring hubbies TRUCK Not your car :)

JAZZ, Flowergirl< Latebloomer, I do hope that you ladies will try to make it we would love to meet you.
i know wigglepaw will have some great plants .

You all can bring a sack lunch or there is a small cafe down the street But do Bring your Drinks .
this will be a great day .

HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT

susie

Caro, MI(Zone 5a)

Susie, I would LOVE to come but unfortunately do not have a way there. Too bad that we do not live closer as I'd offer myself as your assistant for the day! You girls will just have to give us all a full report on all of the fun. We have been hit hard by the slumping economy here and will have to hold out hope that things will be better in the years ahead. DH just heard that his shop will be closing down on 6/11 until GM & Chrysler are back up and running. ( They are a non-union supplier that hasn't seen a 40 hour work week in over a year.)

I will be with you all in spirit! :)

Mary Ellen

Grand Rapids, MI

Pretty sure I will be able to make it now! Definitely will be driving the truck this year! Also, I'm looking for creeping myrtle (periwinkle) to use as groundcover under some bushes if you have extra :-) Will be nice to see you all again!
SB

shel I have a creeping Jenny I think it is with little yellow flowers or I have lots of AJUGA "chocolate chip "maybe picture below .

I will be getting some ENGLISH IVY Tomorrow can bring you some if you want .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

shelbelle, I sent you a d-mail. I do have a little bit of the periwinkle you are looking for if you would like it I can dig some up for you. I am always tearing the stuff out. I also have some lily of the valley and snow on the mountain. Is anyone wanting that ground cover at all? Just let me know before the swap and I will bring it with me. Other wise I will not bother to bring it. Ronna.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.