No, we have not had any snow yet
(59 votes, 11%)
Red dot

We do not have snow where I live.
(108 votes, 20%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Pretty picture Gardengus. The forecast here was for snow the beginning of next week but now they say not! Still cold (not as cold as where you are) but suppose to be in the teens tonight and tomorrow night and only 28 degrees tomorrow. That's still cold to me and cold here in Tidewater. Still no snow this year but we do get some occasionally and I have seen 12 to 18 inches on a very rare occasion in the many years I have lived here. Most of those type storms are when they come from the south and come up the coast. Our biggest threat here is noreasters and hurricanes.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm glad I waited to vote.
We finally had a good amount of snow today (ok just about an inch) but it was coming down pretty hard for awhile, still have snow in the backyard..not so much in the front.

(Deb) Pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

We have not had snow for awhile back. The weather forecast is for 22 degrees for tonight so we might see some snow or frost for tomorrow.

Actually more ice than snow here! But this is the most and the longest-lasting in at least 5 years, with temps the lowest prolonged "cold snap" in a decade!

Thumbnail by Potagere
Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

130 inches so far this year. Just about average, I think. Not that much on the ground, it settles and condenses, providing a thick layer of insulation for all those plants that I'm pushing zones on....
It's the sub-zero temps that get me down.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Couldn't find any place to vote, so tried to write anyway and that didn't work either, so I read your messages and will try to send again. Still lots of snow, has been very foggy all night, all day, this whole week and everything is very pretty with at least 1/2 inch hoarfrost on every tiny thing.

Donna

WOW! I lived in a Baker tent in the orchards in Tonasket the Winter of 1948-1949 when I was just 6 months old!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Potagere, My husband and I had apple orchard from 1944 when we got married until his health deteriorated too much. Sold the orchard in I think 1987. Which actually was a good time to sell as apple orcharding went downhill after that. We had 80 acres when we sold. We had people from all over the US, Canada, Mexico working for us. Was an interesting time.

Maybe my father worked for you!
You know, I have seen a huge part of the world, but I have never seen Tonasket except in photos my Mother took that Winter.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Have we had snow yet?

Nosireebob, when I finally had enough of the white stuff, I've moved to a place where I can see NOMOSNO!

A few years ago I took pics of flowers from my garden, in each of the 12 months, I lost August but here is the rest, enjoy (or weep...)

Thumbnail by nomosno
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

There is still a lot of snow here, no melting to speak of this month. Has bee heavy fog all of this week with no wind. Here is a picture of a large old Black Locust at the end of my lane. Gets no irrigating, just a tough old tree. It is beautiful now covered every tiny twig with a weeks hoarfrost.

Donna

Thumbnail by rutholive

Beautiful photos, nomosno and rutholive!

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

I live in the area that doesn't get snow, but this year (December 11) it snowed from mid-aftrnoon until late at night. It was all gone when I woke up the next day. Now, that's my kind of snow!
I found out how hard it is to take photos of snow falling...and how cold you get when you're trying.

Here's some green with snow...that's basil behind the pot.

Thumbnail by ceejaytown
The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

You want more green? Photo taken the same day - when the snow started, but you can't see it.

Thumbnail by ceejaytown

Magnificent garden, ceejay!

Milwaukee, WI

well I for one am ready for it to be gone LOL way to much already and still here almost every other day need to clean sidewalks due to lake squals.Cant wait for the tulips to start popping up lol.

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 9a)

nomosnow---looks like you found August. I love your collage. Did you do that with Picasa? It's amazing that you can pick that many flowers in winter.

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

A few inches of snow & ice (too little to plow, but more than salt can handle) every couple of days or weeks here. Every times it warms ups and melts it snows again.

It's quite pretty, but the icy parking lot in the apt complex is deadly for my senior citizen neighbors. (PA highest % of seniors after FL) Ambulance count: 2 broken hips, one heart attack. They're all recovering slowly. I'm hoping we're finished with sirens.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

The Lehigh Valley is one of the prettiest places in the country...consider yourself lucky. Best wishes to your neighbors though. Old people and ice do not mix well.

(Judi)Portland, OR

My parents live near Lake Tahoe - they are 86 & 92. I found things that strap to their snow boots that have metal teeth like snow shoes on the bottom. They can't slip even if they try, and they did try when they tested them! Works great since they can use their own comfy boots.

Hey Portland, I have friends in nearby Geneva (Switzerland, not New York). He's 82 and someone sent him a set of those for Christmas. He was laughing when he told me about them: "On my size 12 shoes? I'm gonna have to give them to Elisabeth!" (His wife, who's 80 and wears size 6!)
I'm glad to hear that these are working for your folks and that they have the courage to give them a real test!

This message was edited Jan 18, 2009 9:17 PM

(Judi)Portland, OR

Are you kidding??? Give them a test? My parents were walking in the woods the first day they had them. They even packed a lunch in their backpacks so they could stay out all day! But they are pretty hardy stock. My Dad was still downhill skiing until he was 80. He had those looong wooden skis and everyone who saw them wanted to buy them right off his feet. He called them "my sticks" and would cruise around the mountain with perfect form. I didn't grow up in Tahoe since Dad was in the military so we moved a lot, but us kids were put on skis at the age of 3. Spent time in Garmisch when in high school - would love to go back.
Maybe your 82 year old friend needs real snowshoes!

His boots almost qualify!
Admittedly, he is a bit less "sporty" than your folks, and a little more cautious now since he fell and broke a hip last year!

La Porte, IN

Yes we have snow. Got about 15 inches a few days ago and more lake effect expected tonight. Thank goodness spring, summer, and fall are so beautiful around the great lakes!

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

For my area, we needed an ICE choice. I'd much rather have snow any day.

Derry, NH

Hi, it has been snowing here since Saturday night at about 9pm, it stop today for about 3 hours and now snowing again. We have a winter storm warning up till 3am Monday morning. We now have about a foot of snow on the ground.

This message was edited Jan 18, 2009 11:54 PM

Derry, NH

Winter is not even a month old here in NH but we have has some very pretty sights.

Thumbnail by LadybugNH
Pasadena, CA(Zone 9b)

I voted that we do not have snow here *as a rule* I will add. One night a couple of years ago, I was walking down Colorado Blvd. (where the Tournament of Roses Parade is on New Year's Day), and it began to snow. You should have seen the looks on those Californian faces - you have thought Martians had landed. Truly magical!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Ruth, love your pic of the tree with hoarfrost. Here's mine in the pasture, Pines and Junipers. The neighbor's house behind us.
Susan

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Another with our cows.
Susan

Thumbnail by gardener105
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Well it 'snowed' last night. There were about a dozen flakes on the ground under my honeysuckle bush this morning. I had to look twice to make sure.

2 days of rain! No more snow! LOTS of mud, though!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

YUCK! I can't stand mud.

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Looks like I may be able to change my no snow vote to a yes vote tomorrow. Are calling for 1 to3 inches tomorrow. We will just have to wait and see.

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

Snowed again last night - now we can't see what is snow, & what is ice.
Thanks for the tip about the boot spikes. I'll start with the disabled veteran across the hall. He has difficulty walking when it's dry & sunny, much less this stuff...

BTW, it is still beautiful, & the neighborhood kiddos are out sledding as soon as the bus drops them off. It's adorable.

Fill the reservoirs! Raise the water table! :-)

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

I still have a "no snow" vote registered. We had a couple of flurries (had to look real hard to see them) but then the sun came out. They even closed the schools here in anticipation of the "winter storm" HA They did have five inches in Raleigh NC. All we have is windy and cold.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.