No, we have not had any snow yet
(59 votes, 11%)
Red dot

We do not have snow where I live.
(108 votes, 20%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

(Zone 1)

Oh wait, CountryGardens, you said you wanted to see grass again. Here ya go ... a little part of my side yard last month.

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Not enough, hoping for more soon, (I love snow)! ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Is that the LIE, WaterCan?

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

We get a light dusting of snow about once every decade or so. Had the last one in '97. It's great when we do get that .0001in of snow because we have to shut the whole city down and take the day off from work. Now that you mention it, I think we are overdue for another snow day.

Brookfield, CT

scutler, you bring a smile to my face. I moved with my family to Charlotte, NC in April of 1996 from northern New Jersey. That past winter we had the blizzard of the century, with around two feet of snow on the ground for weeks on end. I couldn't leave NJ fast enough. I know the western NY folks are rolling their eyes, but hey, that's a lot of snow for NJ. We lived in Charlotte for 4 years. One of those years there was a freak snowstorm with 6 inches of snow. Well, it was just as you said, the whole city shut down so the two snow plows owned by the city could take care of the roads. I loved living in Charlotte, not least of all for its proximity to Charleston, a truly lovely city.

They're predicting sub-zero temps for us later this week. I'm going to bundle my crape myrtles (another thing I loved about Charlotte) in burlap so they don't get zapped.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

wandygirl, hoping your crepe myrtles make it through ok. LOL, about that 6in of snow shutting the city down, but it does make for an enjoyable vacation day.

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

we've had it all - snow (about 3 feet worth) and ice!

Santa Fe, NM

We are having a "January Thaw ". Snow and ice are melting fast during the balmy 40 degree days and then freezing again at night when it's in the low 20's. I read somewhere that February is our biggest snow month here.

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

I Had to say yes to snow and ice and it is still on the ground and probably will still be there until the end of March. I usually use a skid loader to clear my 175 feet of drive way. This fall I had a hydrostatic pump go out, so now it takes longer with a garden tractor with a snow blower on the front. I can clean out in front of a friends store front and parking, then use it on my driveway. Not a bad deal unless it is really cold and windy. I may have to build a heat houser for his unit. :>)
Well at least I know where my wheel barrow is.

Thumbnail by randbponder

Hemophobic, you are so right about a good, stout soup ready to eat after cleaning up after a storm! This last time, I prepared a batch of copycat Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden makes the original) and it really hit the spot! I usually make Hot & Sour soup or, (even better), a large pot of chili.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Had 15 inches here in Portland, Oregon. It was around for a while, then freezing rain, and snow again, etc. It's all gone now but I wish we would get more as long as it melts slowly to avoid flooding. My dog LOVES the snow!

Thumbnail by Portland1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Yes, and still more to come!!!! I have had enough!!!!!

Somewhere under all this is a watergarden and spring bulbs waiting to show there stuff.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
New Waverly, TX(Zone 8b)

Had a few flakes, but nothing that "stuck".

Crosby, TX(Zone 9a)

We actually had snow here.........that's REALLY unusual for us - we never see the white stuff!

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

No its 'Sunrise Highway' Mamasita, (Route 27), South of the LIE just before rush hour, the LIE would have been much more treacherous at that time.

- Not because of the snow... because of the drivers! ☺

It's always the drivers, WC! Same up here.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Perfectly snowful for snow angels and dancing.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
(Judi)Portland, OR

Dahlianut tell me about your greenhouse. Is it heated? Do you start seeds there? Can you over winter plants there?
Nice pose!

Baton Rouge, LA

Yep, I'm with Jeri in Louisiana... it's rare that we can check "It covered the ground but now it's gone". The odd years that it snows here, the snow usually comes in February. We got an early treat this year that lasted well into the next day. YAY!

Thumbnail by BlissfulGarden
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Looks like global warming has hit! LOL!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful Ev!!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Beautiful pictures of the snow. We had snow only twice that I can remember, once in '73 and then again in '82. Both only lasted the one day. I do remember everyone freaked out, nothing open but the hospital, fire dept and police station.

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

So far none....usually get some snow between now and March. I just want spring and summer to come. Love the lazy days of summer and the beach.

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

Bernie, I agree. But the global warming seems to be all indoors. LOL

Seabrook, TX(Zone 9a)

We had snow - In zone 9a on Dec. 13th- Right outside Houston by The Coast. It was so different that it made news on CNN.
Covered the ground for over 24 hours here is the snowman my oldest son made on our porch he was smitten until my son tripped in the snow and knocked his head off.
Tricia

Thumbnail by gardengirl1960
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Portland1 I fire up the greenhouse in late Feb with an electric heater and shut it down end of November. I don't overwinter plants in there. I have a cold room. I germinate most of my seeds in there and start all my dahlias. In the summer it's a tomato/basil house.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Wow Portland, I didn't realize you got that much. We didn't even have that much here. Here's a pic from last yr when we did have alot of snow. I used this pic for my Christmas cards.
Susan

Thumbnail by gardener105
Seabrook, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is another photo this is my back yard on Dec. 13th in zone 9a! And they talk about global warming?? Hugh?

Thumbnail by gardengirl1960
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Here's a pic of our bull, he was a yr and a half and weighed about 1000lbs. then. We got about 10 inches that day.

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Here's another with the other calves trying to figure out what he is! LOL!

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

And here's his handsome face.

Thumbnail by gardener105
(Judi)Portland, OR

Global warming intensifies weather patterns. So, the more severe storms we are seeing with increased snow fall and flooding are a result of global warming. It is not as simple as degrees F.

(Judi)Portland, OR

gardener - that looks like one big bull!
I like the pic you used for your cards - a very charming scene.

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

We get more freezing rain than snow in winter months. Hate snow but hate ice more!

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

i think it is so crazy that you guys in z 9 have snow at all . we have barely had any flurries and defiantly no sticking . no ice or black ice . it has barely been winter here . i better shut mouth we are supposed to get some temps below 10 for a couple days .

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Portland, he probably weighs about 1500lbs now. We used to have his GF that weighed 2210lbs when we sold him. He was a gentle giant, DH used to sit on his back and he'd just stand there. His name was Magneto but we called him Bud. We had his Great Uncle too, he weighed 1970lbs when we sold him, his name was Sir Victor. We sold them both within a weeks time, we couldn't take them together in the trailer as they would have fought and we would have probably wrecked. This guys name is Lucky as he was a twin and we made his brother a steer, I named him Notsolucky as half of him is in our freezer now.
And thanks for the compliment.
Susan

This message was edited Jan 13, 2009 9:33 AM

This message was edited Jan 13, 2009 9:34 AM

(Judi)Portland, OR

Sorry - I don't know exactly what a steer is. I thought it was just a big male cow. I am really dumb about farm type things!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Portland, A bull is a whole male, a steer is a altered male. Don't be sorry, and no you're not dumb. If you don't know just ask.
Susan

Avon, NY(Zone 5b)

Almost every year we get lots of snow here in Wester New York. I keep over 1375 feet of paths shoveled, out to the mailbox, the duck coop, the chicken coops, the bird feeders,and the greenhouses.

Thumbnail by gansurambler

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.