Red dot

We do not have snow where I live.
(108 votes, 20%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

(Judi)Portland, OR

Dahlianut I'm with you. I would just hand out snowshoes. LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Couple of weeks ago the drifting was so bad we just threw in the shovel and put out a sign 'Stay Home You Fools' ^_^

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It snowed once above approx. 3,000 ft elevation, but down here it basically doesn't snow at all. That's fine with me.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Plantlady.....would love to see my yard looking that green again. Possibility we might have some flurries Fri. and the temp. is steady dropping the next few days. Glad I'm retired and don't have to go out and drive in the stuff anymore....people around here panic and close the schools if we get an inch or two. Now I can stay indoors and drink hot chocolate and go out only if I want to Hee Hee

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

So weird.. zone 9 with snow and here we haven't even had any flurries, which is fine with me! It's been cold but that's it. I think Mom Nature is being kind to us after the lousy ice storm last winter :) We were 12 days without power ..thank goodness we had a small generator!
That is why I moved away from SE Iowa 10 years ago ..to get away from storms like that! LOL!!!

Here's a picture from the ice storm last year. It's looking out into the street from our back pasture..that tree is our neighbors, who made sure that they stayed away until we had it cleared so that the utility company would come rerun our electric. They never came over to help or to apologize or to say "kiss my butt!" Nice,huh? :) To add insult to injury, they had their electric back on in 3 days compared to our 12! But they didn't come home until about a week after the storm, when we had most of it cleaned up.

oh well.. what goes around comes around :) LOL

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm with you CG. There will be a MN payback down the road for them I'm sure.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I guess you could actually say we haven't had any snow this year. There was enough that covered a few spots in the yard but thats it. Had snow flurries today and the sun was shining. HUH?????

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

You've heard of sunshowers flowerfantasy? Snow is plump rain. You had a plump sun shower. Cool.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

ROFLOL Yeah thats about the size of it .

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Well, I say it doesn't snow where I live, but we had 5 inches just north of New Orleans on Dec. 11th. I've been here 20 years, and only seen flurries. This was a first.

Thumbnail by happytail
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Funky weirdness happytail. Very unusual. So many from the south mentioned that they had snow coverage for the first time. That looks like major snow angel potential. Did you? Go ahead. Try it. I willl be your cheerleader ^_^ I have a standing offer with the south for mitten support if needed.

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Well, I couldn't get the dogs out in it at all, but I did make some snowballs and run around in it a little. I'm definately a warm weather person. We're having some upper 20's over the next few nights, but back into the 50's during the day. But this is cold for us. Winter will be over in about 6-7 weeks here, and it's been so warm the past few weeks, my Japanese Maples and redbuds are blooming, and my gladiolas and amaryllis are peeping up. Guess that will all be gone by the weekend, with this cold weather. Oh, well. That's Louisiana, I guess.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Snowballs and running around in snow counts happytail. Glad to hear you participated in your snowfullness. I certainly would never ever wish it on you or your plants but if it happens it's nice to frolic. Thahks for sharing happtail.

Morganton, NC

No, we rarely get snow here and when we do. its usually just a couple of inches. It's supposed to be 9 degrees F here on sat, though. BRRRRR!!!

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Not suppose to get above the 30's for the next four days here. I sure don't like this cold weather, but they did take away the snow forecast Fri. I'll be glad when the weather channel says "sunny, hot and humid" again!!

Magalia, CA

Early snow in December, about 21/2-3 feet and it just won't go away. Temperatures
below freezing at nite and icy. Forgot to leave faucet on so my pipes froze. After living here
30 years I should be used to the winter routine. The temperature is getting warmer in the
day (which is very strange) and living right on the creek bank I will be sand bagging for
the next few days.

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I will probably still have a pile of snow at the end of my driveway on Memorial Day.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Now, marie, think positive. It will be gone by tulip time.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We had snow last month, too, which is very odd for us. We didn't quite have enough on the ground to make a snow angel, but we did make some snowmen!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oops.. forgot the photo. They are on top of the car.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Yay, car top ornaments! LOL!
Susan

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

I would have never thought to make mini snow people on top of the car. That is so neat Marylyn!!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I was thinking the same thing FlipFlops. Little snowpeople everywhere ^_^ I checked and there is no snowman rulebook so it's doable.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

.... and I mean a FEW flakes.. maybe 20... that is all the precipitation I have seen in months.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No rain either LhasaLover?? That doesn't sound good.

Lake George, MN(Zone 3a)

It was a little "chilly" night before last -38 degrees!! We have about two feet of snow and it has been here since before Thanksgiving. One of my sons from North Carolina just moved up here along with his miniature Schnauzer, Angel. She definitely is not a snow angel!! Poor dog really freaked! Had to get her a coat and booties. It was a riot watching her walk for the first time in those booties. It has been several days since the temperature has gone above zero. Thank goodness for gardening web sites! I've planted quite a few acres(in my mind!). Actually, a good heavy snow cover up here is something all gardeners here hope for. It's insulating value is wonderful. Those winters with a light snowfall is when we lose a lot of plants, many well established and several years old. That hurts!! If I could spent my winters in a warm place (Puerto Rico is my favorite) and come back here to enjoy our wonderfully cool summers, then I would say I have the best of both worlds. We live on a lake with cool breezes in the summer and the gardening is perfect, weather-wise! I enjoy all those pictures of tropical looking gardens. Current economic conditions rule so much of our lives that having a warm home and food on the table when so many have so much less makes us gardeners realize how truly blessed we are just to have a plot of land of our own.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well said zorba. I hear you about the importance of snow cover for us.

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 9a)

I was torn between we' don't have any yet' and 'it doesn't snow where I live'. Snow is rare here, but we do get some occasionally. Most of Oregon was inundated with the stuff in Dec. but here on the southern coast of Oregon (we call it the Banana Belt) it is much more mild. Gardener105---thanks for the snow pics of your farm. We were in Eagle Crest the 3rd week in Oct. and it was balmy and beautiful. Hard to believe what it's like now. And Portland1, you people really have had nasty weather this winter. Today is like a spring day here and has been for a few. Feels good. We haven't had snow, but Lots of cold rain.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

It has been so nice for the last few days I thought we might get to the bare ground but lo and behold it cooled down and snowed again today :'( The weather is supposed to be around 10C for the next few days so maybe we will see the ground! I guess I am just lucky I don't have to shovel the snow :)

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I barely remember what precipitation looks like.... a few drops in December... enough to put some mud on my car... literally.. the drops of water coming down pick up the dirt in the air.. mud rain but it was just a few drops.. they did get a little rain 20 miles east and rain goes north and south of us, just none here. It is about a 20 mile band that gets no rain and they built a city there! LOL afraid the few snow flakes I saw were it so far too... called my mother 3 miles away but she did not see any.

Puyallup, WA(Zone 8b)

Another Houstonian here, and I too had to check the box "it snowed here but it's gone now." 19 out of 20 years I would be able to say 'it doesn't snow here" !! I think that freak weather system in early December changed the results for a lot of us in the south.

staceysmom - what is that strange contraption you are using to get rid of the snow? LOL

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
I think that freak weather system in early December changed the results for a lot of us in the south.

Yup, I think rntx22 is right! :-)

Thanks, FlipFlops! :-) The snow on the ground was pretty sparse, so we worked with the snow on the car. LOL By the time we finished making the snow people and throwing snowballs at each other, the car was pretty much cleared off. I grew up in the Midwest (Illinois/Wisconsin/Ohio), so I do know what a real winter is - and I really don't miss it! One snow day every 5-10 years is a fun interlude.

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

I don't know what it means, in terms of true climate change, but so far this winter we have had much more snow and colder temps on Cape Cod than I can remember since we moved here four years ago. (Photo taken 5 days ago, and we're having more snow today.)

Thumbnail by CapeCodGardener
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

It has snowed twice in my lifetime in south Texas. Once was when I was in high school over 50 years ago and then again about 15 years ago. I don't miss the snow even a little bit .....smiling

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

You're welcome beebonnet. Yeah, it's not very often the entire state gets snow. I would like to see snow on the beach just once though. We don't have any now and the animals are happy about that (except the dogs of course). Last yr playing on top of the snow mound DH put there for them, they had a milk jug that they were playing with and Moose dropped it on the other side.
Susan

Thumbnail by gardener105
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Have we had snow yet??????/LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
In December we had 3 times the snow fall normally expected.
Unfortunately this city does not have a bare pavement snow removal policy and does not plow side streets. So the side streets in particular are pretty bad and with current warming the packed snow is loose and ruts deep so lots of people get totally stuck and now we are going to have a melt down in the next few days so risk of flooding! And then there are the people who dont think they need to shovel their sidewalks ( another city by law - clear your own sidewalk within 24 hours) But thats another story!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

fancy, sounds like you're having a ball up there! LOL!
Susan105

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Well, it is a balmy 12 degrees, headed for a toasty 17 this afternoon....yeah, I know, I know...but that is pretty miserable here in south west KY where the winter time temps average in the 30's and 40's

No snow here either...just frozen ground...another rare thing.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

No snow here yet. We hardly get snow, and when we do, it is usally gone by the time it warms up. 59 here today.

Linda Kay

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.