Red dot

No, we have not had any snow yet
(59 votes, 11%)
Red dot

We do not have snow where I live.
(108 votes, 20%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Oh, I'm first! YAY. It's snowed a few times lightly and we got about 2" last night. It's pretty this morning.

I was very happy to be able to click the last box: NO SNOW where I live!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Piles of it! It's a typical Western NY winter. Lots of snow. Then it gets warm enough to melt a bit. Then it freezes again. So now there's ice under the snow. Makes it fun to walk down the driveway to get the mail. But my mom was from Texas and lived in fear of the twisters. She always said she'd rather live here. the snow will always melt eventually. No hurricanes, no earthquakes...all in all, not so bad.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes, and it's still here. We just got 12" over the weekend!! Yeah!! It is so pretty, and with the full moon and clear sky last night it was almost magical looking.

Deb

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

No and NO!!!! No snow yet and hopefully No snow where I live!!! Come on summer!

Kannapolis, NC

Hah! What snow? I've been wishing for a good snowstorm all winter so far and nothing, not even much cold weather. This is pathetic.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We have snow that came in November still here. It has snowed here about every other day for the last week. Snowing this morning with a blizzard warning for later today. Schools are all closed!

Typical winter scene here.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Snow? What is snow? I remember hearing about that, but its more the stuff of legend.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I never in a million years thought I would have check the box that said:

Yes, it covered the ground, but is now gone

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Oh yeah, we have snow! Cleared the driveway again just yesterday.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Plenty to go around up here on my hill in MA. it's actually snowing right now. You are welcome to all of it, though my son, with two snowblowers, loves it.
Martha

Fountain, FL(Zone 8b)

No snow here. I wish I could say yes ... I miss having a 'real' winter!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

So far for the year, to date : 62.4 inches
Normal for a year, to this day: 46.7 inches

Departure from normal: +15.7 inches

Amount measurable on the ground: 5 inches

Yesterday/Today Pic

Thumbnail by WNYwillieB
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This is this morning.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

We've had around 11 feet so far. It was all melted away twice and with the frigid air coming down this week should slow with Lake Erie freezing over. Gotta love western NY.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We've had a bit of ice and sleet, but it goes away in a day or so.

Clarksville, MD

Newbie question here. How do you vote? Thanks

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

There should be a voting area on your homepage. Scroll all the way down, because it may be at the bottom. Let us know if you do not see it and we'll help you get it enabled.

Kalamazoo, MI

LOTS of it. Our St. Bernard eats it!

Thumbnail by Kristi_L
(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

We've had piles and piles of snow. We had record breaking snow in December... the snowiest month ever recorded in our area. Now we have record breaking cold coming. Seems all we do here this winter is shovel and shiver. I just keep telling myself that every day is closer to spring.

Thumbnail by staceysmom
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

We have piles of snow!

Kristi_L can I borrow your St. Bernard ;) ?

(Zone 1)

It doesn't snow where I live and I want to know who's sending all the cold temperature's down this way? Brrr ... we are going to have a very cold week here, with expected lows in the 30's and highs only in the 50's and 60's! Yikes, twenty degrees below what we've been experiencing for a long while!

I do remember a few years ago when we actually had snow flurries here in Daytona Beach! It was kinda neat, standing out and seeing little teeny snowflakes floating through the air! But, I don't want all that COLD, white stuff down here. I Love seeing the beautiful photo's and would love to take a vacation some winter to where there's snow but I can't imagine having to endure more than three or four days of it! Born and raised in the South, I've never driven in snow and ice and don't want to have that experience!

CountryGardens & WNYwillieB and Staceysmom: Your photo's are beautiful to this southern lady ... serene and peaceful scenery. It's really something to go from one day with the flowers blooming, and the next having everything covered in snow. What a difference one day can make in the North!

(Zone 1)

Kristi_L, what a gorgeous St. Bernard! My sister and her husband had one many years ago ... named him "Boozer"! He was a sweetie but didn't have snow to eat ... they lived in Miami, so he had the pool to swim in!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9a)

It's very unusual to have snow in New Orleans,but about 3 weeks ago,we had 5"!! It snowed about half the day, but was gone the next morning. In 2 days, the temps were back up in the 70's. Today, we're having another cold snap - it's down to the low 60's.

Valsolda, Italy(Zone 9b)

Snow here is almost a weekly occurence. It never lasts long, because it always rains after.

Thumbnail by sasha10
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Oh my! Snow on palm trees...what an experience!

Valsolda, Italy(Zone 9b)

It does feel a bit strange walking next to palm trees in the snow. It hasn't snowed here this week, but its very cold here -6C.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

We're expecting -6 here only on the Farenheit scale which makes it -21 C ! That's a predicted night time low this week :-( I've had enough snow to last me all winter already. We're over 5 feet of snow with the same melt-thaw cycle Buffalo has had. Nice to be rid of the snow but once you get a melt followed by a freeze you've got a sheet of ice on the ground and walking is treacherous. Since we have livestock we can't stay in doors and enjoy the view. Wednesday high is suppose to be 9F or -12C. Yuk! May it be a short winter and a long spring for all!!

MollyD

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm with Jeri11 -- freak storm mid-December, the earliest ever, gone that day and no more since.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Three minor dustings of snow here (max 1cm) over the last 2 months, none of them lasted long. And nothing below -4°C, despite most of the last month being colder than average.

55°N latitude (same as central Canada!).

Resin

Houma, LA

No snow here. Thank God. If it ever snows here I will have to move even further south or to some island. I hate cold!

Dorothy

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Kristi, I love your St Bernard. Some friends of our used to have one named Boulder. She said the first time she'd ever seen a St Bernard puppy was when she went to college in Boulder, CO. So when she got her first St she decided to name him Boulder since that was where she saw her first.
I had to click on: Yes, it covered the ground, but is gone now. I love the snow, it makes for a peaceful calm in the area. My Labs love the snow too! They like to eat it as well, also run their noses through it like snow plows! This was taken last yr when they were 4 month old pups. DH had plowed the driveway and put it in a pile for them to play on.
Susan105
( '..' )

Thumbnail by gardener105
Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Here's a picture of a recent snowfall for those of you who are "snow deprived"!

Thumbnail by mamasita
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thanks mamasita, this is what it looked like before it melted.
Susan105
( '..' )

Thumbnail by gardener105
Kannapolis, NC

Mamasita: Thank you, thank you, thank you! To me, there is nothing better than a good winter snowstorm, some good stout soup on the stove or in a crock and knowing I don't have anywhere to go! Oh, yeah, bring it on!

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

I love all of the snow pictures!
We rarely get snow here, maybe a few flurries now and then.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

How come people that claim no snow don't post pictures ? We would like to see grass again!

Kansasville, WI(Zone 5a)

We got dumped on again over the weekend. A very light snow and with the wind that is coming tonight it will be blown all over. More shoveling.....ugh

Thumbnail by crazy4brugs
Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

No Sno here....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.