Passing the Blather Stick!!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I do not think I have seen her today.

I think I over did last night going to hit the bed
sandy

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It is an automated composting machine. Hay goes in, compost comes out. Very simple. Of course, the braying might require some explanation....

around here they would just think it was one of those loud boom boxes.

(Zone 7b)

I sent her a Dmail she will get it sooner or later.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Harmony I haven't seen Cousin Nut today either. There was a little gathering under the rock last night though I just read. Perhaps she is resting from her Hostess with the Mostest responsibilities.

Clarkson, KY

Dear me. I really had you all running scared after only 2 glasses of very dilute mulled wine....actually spent all day running around til now...just catching up. If more people kept to drinking under rocks maybe fewer would get sick...hmmmm?

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here wishing you all many chicks, ducklings, lambs, kits, and babies of all kind(I can't remember how to spell bady llama's or dove's names. LOL)

Sandy

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Baby llamas are crias. :-) Happy New Year!

Thank you I could remember what they where called but not how to spell it. but I have trouble spelling most things. Thank heaven for spellchecker. LOL

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Patch, you need a miniature donkey for the agricultural exemption!!! (Trusting they have those in MO).

Clarkson, KY

When I try to figure how much land I'd need to house all the critters I want to house!!...Wonder how a miniature donkey would do with my goats? And to I get Llamas or alpacas? And Icelandics. And ducks and geese (embdens-r-supin although Cottage-rose has those beauties....) And cows. and pigs. And. And. And. At least I procrastinate, unlike poor Claire...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Alpacas are supposedly more difficult to manage than llamas, and less liable to be friendly. I don't have any personal experience, but others I spoke to before getting my llamas told me this, and they'd had both. One lady sold her whole flock of alpacas to get llamas instead. Icelandics are divine, I thoroughly recommend them!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

good morning my friends

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Good morning, jordankittyjo!

Y'all please tell me any alpaca horror stories, because I was thinking about it as soon as I get this land; they qualify for an ag exemption down here and I'm thinking they'd be good for fiber, but as it will probably be just me (unless Claire will rent Kelly out...) I want animals I can handle. Right now I'm thinking a few chickens (yes, A FEW!), some goats, and a couple of alpacas, but if they're terrorists...

Foley, MO

A few chickens? Ahemm, um.....sure. That's right dear, a few is all you'll have. A few of EACH!

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

What's this gooey stuff leaking out of my monitor? Could it be SARCASM??? HMMMMMMM???

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

LOL I am a thinking so there. Yea it just starts out a few. I got "told" last night to downsize. I think I probably need to. But I aint gonna admit it to "him". We will see. I could sell off 50 or so and not miss em. By golly he will help me separate them. Then I will hatch out some more. Ok done now.

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

I am bored out of my mind so blabbering, I am ripping out seams on a quilt I am working with. Most all the blocks are not square and that is my fault for not squaring them up. I had the side sashing on them and the bottom sashing ready to put together now it is back to the square to square them up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Bless your heart. I feel for you.

(Zone 7b)

I'm Sad just found out that my good friend "Music" isn't a subscriber i really liked talking to her :(

Hey Music if you see this "I Miss Ya"! and hope you subscribe soon ^_^

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I got my grades for my Fall 08 semester. Woot woot! I made Deans list!!!
I am so happy. This has been a long road. I start spring classes on Jan 22 My bday.
That does not seem fair but , life isnt always fair. hehehe. My babies are due that day too. I may need to miss my first day...week...hehehe Priorities ya know!

Clarkson, KY

happy bit o' blather there, Sewin'. Congrats! On a multitude of sins!!

Congratulation!!! Way to go!!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Way to go sewincircle! You go girlfriend!!

I didn't get any of my grades yet but I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for them. I only get considered for dean's list if I take 9 credit hours and I only took 8 this semester. Oh well, doesn't matter, as long as my GPA stays up, I am happy.

I start on Jan 20th here. Groan...

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

GPA is all that matters Claire. I take at least 12 credit hours but I do not work.
Big difference when you have to work too! You start early! well 2 days! I am taking that winter geology class right now. What a nightmare. I spent 6 hours doing work today alone. Talking about the plate boundaries and the connection to earthquakes. yeah! I like my classes for Spring semester. Well all but economics. hehehe
Thanks Grow and Wren! I am pumped about it. My DH brought home the letter today. :)
Multitude!! LOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

My classes that start on Jan 20 are:

Contracts II
Environmental Regulation of Agriculture
Advanced Westlaw (this is a computer based thing)
Issues in Wind Law

When I finish those in May, I will be exactly 1/2 done my JD (45 out of 90 credits). I am going to be celebrating that for sure! Seems like such a long road sometimes.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

It really is. I am taking
Nazi Germany
Women in History
Micro economics
Geography
They are interesting. I do not think I would be good at law. There is so much to remember!
I dont know how you do it. It is difficult. Plus you work full time. (and will make cheese)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wow, what a fun course load - your classes are all so different from each other. I like that - I don't get mixed up between topics that way. Women in history should be particularly interesting.

I just do it one day at a time, and I try to not be hard on myself (or Kelly) when the house is a mess and the laundry isn't done. Some things just have to give!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Yes, I agree. My DH does a lot of the work to help out. He keeps up with the kids and the house when I am stressing over finals. I like to keep my topics different because I have trouble keeping them straight other wise. Thats why I do not think I would do well in Law.
I am done with my field placements for now. I will need one full semester of full time student teaching, then I will be done. WELLLL..... Not really, then I go for Masters in Specail Ed. Then I am done. LOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Yeah, I thought I was done when I got my Masters in molecular biology & genetics. Turns out I was wrong....

Never say that you're "done" because you might not be! LOL! I can totally see you doing a PhD in special ed someday....

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Thats right! I am a life long learner! hehehe Oh no PhD? Thud
I would like to retire at some point! LOL

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

So what does someone do in molecular biology & genetics?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

One studies biology on a cellular level, rather than on a whole organism level. So instead of studying the overall plant (biologist) I would study the internal goings-on in a single plant cell. Mostly DNA and protein study.

Now I am a patent agent, and I write patents about plant biotechnology, which requires a lot of knowledge about what goes on in plant cells, so it all works out!

(Zone 7b)

Congrats JeanMarie Way to go!!!

My niece just graduated top of her class she also went back to school after haveing her kids. Shes going to be a elementary teacher.

Foley, MO

Way to go! Starting another semester myself on Jan. 20th. Good luck with the studies ladies ; )

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Sorry, all the excitment tired me out...I fell asleep! hehehe
Thanks everyone!!!
WOW Claire! Complicated stuff.
Harmony, thats great. It is not easy when you have kids but the level of maturity helps.
Patch, what are you going to school for???

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Congrats Sewincircle!!! That is way exciting news. You should be poofing with pride. Glad you are taking 'Issues in Wind Law' Claire. I may need BIG legal help if I don't solve the wind problems with the weather transporter. Perchance Is there a text that might deal with wind and weather transporters in your bibliography??

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL! Dont forget, I am at the top of the list to purchase one.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Dahlianut, I do believe that there are laws against transporting wind where it is not wanted. We could try a defense of insanity (probably the easier path if they come after you) or perhaps we could argue that it was a matter of national security (avoiding having chickens blowing around the country, which could theoretically spread bird flu and lead to untold disaster).

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Ahhh! You are a true master mind...I mean Genius Claire. I knew we could count on you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.