Passing the Blather Stick!!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Sorry Wren we crossed posts. Lemons it is. ;)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

No problem. If the lemon does not work you could us bleach but that smell is almost as bad.
Also a little vicks rub will take it out of you mind because the smell may not be there if you know what I mean.

Clarkson, KY

I use lime to kill anything, but I don't think there's much diff...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OK, I tried a lemon, it slightly dampened the smell, but it's still there. I will go try the vicks rub now. I like that idea better than bleach.

Clarkson, KY

Did you really scrub it, lemon skin/rind and all, into your skin? I've gotten super stink on my hands before (different variety) and repeated doses of citrus alternated with washing will usually work it of your skin.

Smell some times are in your mind. Put the vicks just inside your noise. I know that it works on a male dog when they are around a female in heat. LOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Going back for second lemon scrubbing, mixing it with salt (like I use to clean the copper pans) to see if that helps. It might take a while to dissipate. Tomorrow....LATEX GLOVES!!!

(Zone 7b)

If you have some ground cinamon that might work or maybe some herb with a nice smell.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I had that happen with a zebra finch. Only bleach worked. Sorry :x

Clarkson, KY

I have this theory about how smells get in your nose and stay there...I'd suggest a teeny snort of Vicks as distraction.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Got it. I was using aromatherapy oils...

Clarkson, KY

Are you on the mend? Or so high on Pigeon/ Dove fertility WOOT that it's irrelevant?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OK, finger smell nearly gone. Very faint now, but I still know it's there. Shudder....poor roo. I feel awful for him. I think he stood in the water dish or something. The next few days are going to be SO cold here. They are saying windchills into the minus 30's F. I am keeping the chickens inside the coop today and will feed and water in there. I don't think they'd enjoy it much outside anyway.

Last night our ceramic panel heaters (from www.shopthecoop.com) came. We installed one of them in the coop. I'll see how it is this morning. Last night at the bedtime check it was doing a good job.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Thats cool. They look like ceramic tiles! WOW.
Yes, they will need it tonight. The news report was grim. :(

I am glad the smell is going away but now you have to touch him again to take that leg off dont you? EWWWWW! You are good. I dont know how you guys do it.

(Zone 7b)

I don't do well with {{GROSS}}

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

What if you made a gloopy paste of baking soda and liquid soap and put it in a latex glove and just sat there with it on your hand for a while? Bless your poor roo. What will you do with/for/to him?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I am not sure what I will do, or have to do, for him. It's possible that it will need amputation. I have read up about this and I know what to do. On the other hand, it may fall off on its own. My biggest concern is spreading gangrene. That would be fatal. I will keep you updated.

Clarkson, KY

http://www.herballegacy.com/Gangrene.html
http://www.emedicinal.com/diseases/gangrene.php

I've been wondering about some kind of poultice to keep as much of the leg as possible clean and functioning. One of the links is general info you probably already know, the other may be useful...in conjunction with other chickeny info...

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Please keep my father in your thoughts. He was in an accident today. He was at work up on a ladder. He was hit in the face by a board and knocked off the ladder. He feel quite a ways down and they believe he broke some stuff. He is in too much pain at the moment to do any tests. They are giving him IV stuff. They do not believe he puncture his lung but he cant move or talk. Too much pain. He is conscious though. He is in a hospital in Geneva. I am heading out soon. Thanks Jeanmaire

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Jeanmarie,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. So sorry to hear about the accident.

Kristin

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Sending you and yours prayers, sewincircle.

(Zone 7b)

OH! Jean Marie So Sorry to hear about this I will pray God will be there with him in his time of need.

I will be thinking of you and your family too God Bless and keep you.♥

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thoughts and prayers for you and yours Jeanmarie.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} and prayers coming your way. Sandy

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh Jeanmarie - so sorry to hear about your father's accident - hope he will have some tests soon to reveal all the damage so that they can quickly get him on the right treatments. Hugs and good thoughts to you and him both.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks everyone. Dad will be in the hospital for awhile. When he fell from the ladder he fell on top of steel girders. He broke three ribs. One was broken from the back and hit the lung. His lung collapsed and the area is full of blood so they have a vacuum thing to get that out so the lung can re-inflate. He also did something to his rotocuff (shoulder). He will be in the hospital for awhile. (a week) He is fortunate that it was not worse. He was talking when I was there. (He wanted to watch the SU game. That only put his blood pressure high. My brother in law texted score updates. (They lost) Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Maybe you can think of the hospital staff now. Dad tends to be a bad patient. hehehe
edited for spelling. :)

This message was edited Jan 15, 2009 6:31 AM

Thanks for update. I will keep him in my prayers.
Sandy

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

going for my biopsy today. wish me luck

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

My thoughts and prayers are with your dad and the hospital staff JeanMarie.

Kathy my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope all is well.

Both of you keep us updated.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Sandy

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the update Sewincircle - I'm glad it's not as bad as it could have been and I hope he will be well on the road to recovery soon.

Jordankittyjo - my thoughts are with you, be strong. We're all here for you.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Kathy, you are in my thoughts as well. I am praying for a good report!

(Zone 7b)

Prayers for you kathy hope it go's well♥

JeanMarie So glad to hear your dad is going to be okay and don't worry the staff see this all the time (behavior)
My dad was a real bugger when he was in the hospital after his heart attack he complained about everthing and fussed ow wee.
He had Very Stern Cardio Docter she was a tuff lady she calmed him right down with one statement.

She said i had a old navy captain and he wouldn't behave so i just knocked him out and put cast on both his legs with a bar inbetween he never complained again and behaved his self and got well
She told my dad i want to see you get well so do what i tell you or you will wake up the same way.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Dad had a bad day today, it is to be expected. He is on morphine but the pain is worse today. He will be in about a week or so. He has a long road though. He is a strong man though. Thanks everyone.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thoughts and prayers still coming your way.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I really appreciate that. He will take them as well. He basically kicked me out tonight. hehehe
He did not want company. :(

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow - hang in there Jeanmarie! Still praying for your father!

Hang in there!!! {{{{{hugs}}}}}}

I am having more problems it this crazy computer stuff. Lost the internet connection yesterday but it is back today. Have another router on its way.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

my biopsy went well, although i'm hurting this morning. pam was as good as gold in the hospital, but of course the nurses spoiled her.
i go to the surgeons today at 3, and he will have the biopsy results. he told me he isn't worried about it, as it looked good to him.

Clarkson, KY

Sooo glad, JKJ!! been thinkin' about you!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.