۞ Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer ۞ #8

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/916265/

Lingernot is a long distant cousin to Staynot. Staynot is currently away and can't be found at the current time. Lingernot has volunteered to fill in until Staynot returns.

You keep it for one week.
Must take a picture of the Gnome in your garden.
Sign a piece of paper with small note and place inside of Gnome.
Write your location at the bottom of his pedestal.
Post pictures and send the little guy to the next person.

Keep in mind we should keep all addresses off of this forum and just between the person who has it and the person who needs it.

ps. Lingernot likes Tropicals and other Gnomes...

Hosts:
1. Kimarj *
2. svplantingfool *
3. jojoringer *
4. Slipperman MIA (Give us Staynot or else...lol)
5. LariAnn *
6. Sheila_FW *
7. abbisgranma *
8. heavenscape *
9. barhea7*
10. Samigal *
11. ByndeweedBeth
12. Pixydish *
13. BeaHive*
14. Sunnyg*
15. Santeelady*
16. Sally_OR*
17. nanniepb
18 Pamgarden
19. Doe41
20. Texasbigleaves
21. CMoxon
22. jordankittyjo
23. LavinaMae
24. Mrs_Ed (on his way #0306 0320 0002 5412 4257)
25. makshi

We know you'll be a gracious host to Lingernot, and before you release him to the next in line, dmail that DGer to confirm mailing address and ensuring active participation and if possible, the contact phone number.
Thanks.

This message was edited Nov 22, 2008 11:53 AM

This message was edited Nov 25, 2008 11:10 AM

This message was edited Dec 3, 2008 1:13 PM

This message was edited Dec 4, 2008 8:22 PM

This message was edited Dec 16, 2008 10:06 AM

Thumbnail by sunnyg
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yea!!!! Great picture of our guy, looks like he had a great trip! I look forward to see pictures of your "sunny" garden and butterflies since ours is fast ending.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Glad he arrive safely. Give a great big kiss from Aunt Bea!!

Brrrr Sheila, yeah it sounds like it's no longer hot in Texas. It had cooled off here, but now we've been having record-breaking heat...go figure.

Auntie Bea, I gave him that kiss :-) Thank you for the wonderful goodies too!

I took some pics, but can't figure out how to resize them on my new computer (Vista, I am used to XP). I'll post a few tonight anyhow, but if they are a problem for the dial-up folks please let me know and I'll keep working on this. Tomorrow I might ask Lingernot for some help as well, since he is such a techie.

It was in the 80’s here again today, so the first thing Lingernot wanted to do was head outside. After he hacked his way through a diascia jungle, he discovered that some of the San Jose frogs are big and kind of funny-looking….

Thumbnail by sunnyg

The frog told him to hop on his back, and they would both go swimming….

Thumbnail by sunnyg

The fish were delighted to have the company…

Thumbnail by sunnyg

Lingernot finished his swim and dried off. All of a sudden he wasn’t the one standing on a frog, a frog was standing on him instead….

Thumbnail by sunnyg

He wasn’t so sure he liked having an unfamiliar frog on him, so he got down and decided to explore the other little pond. All was going well, until a large and rather colorful creature snuck out of the bushes. Lingernot was too busy exploring to notice it stalking him. I yelled “Lingernot, watch out behind you!” But it was too late…

Thumbnail by sunnyg

...to be continued ;-)

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

WOW! I lived the the Bay Area for most of my life and never saw a creature like that!! I sure hope it is a friendly critter! It sure is colorful !!

Eugene, OR

What a wonderful pond...it's like a trip to Disneyland! I love the critters!!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Yay!! Lingernot is with Sunny...Oh Boy!!, we are all in for a treat with all the lovely pictures Sunny takes!! pssst... she is one heck of a photographer, and her garden is magical ;o) Oh, I'm sure all the froffies, fishies and dragonflies are enjoying their new visitor.

Wow! Let the adventures begin! I wonder if Lingernot knew what he was in for during a visit to sunny California!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

E-Z there little frog.. landing on that axe...
Send some of that heat this way, Sunny. Lingernot must be enjoying that warm weather.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Wonderful experiences he is having as he explores your garden and pond. Love your frogs for sure. Not sure about that last picture .....waiting to see what is in store next! Turn around quick Lingernot!

Eugene, OR

The suspense is killing me........did Lingernot turn around in time? Did he have to use his axe? Or is it a friendly creature who just wanted a hug?

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Looks like a friendly creature to me, who just wanted a hug. I hate to think of Lingernot having to use his axe while in a beautiful garden.

Thanks for the nice comments :-). Sorry, I didn’t mean to leave you all hanging….Lingernot went on a bit of an adventure yesterday, and afterwards I was a bit under the weather. I still need to download yesterdays pics onto my computer, and then I’ll post them a bit later.

Yes, I was really concerned when Lingernot was being stalked as well, and in fact the large creature pounced on him so quickly that he couldn’t defend himself with his axe. I looked on in horror, as Lingernot was tossed up, up into the air…and then landed safely on the giant creature’s back. Whewwww. Lingernot continued his tour of the garden riding around on his new reptile buddy. Here they are deep in discussion later that evening. Oh, the drama that can occur in a little garden ;-).

Thumbnail by sunnyg
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

That is a beautiful creature. Please tell us his history.

He flew in one day (on an airplane) from Oaxaca, Mexico. There is a region in Oaxaca where they specialize in this type of art. For example, http://www.oaxacafinecarvings.com/

He’s got some smaller lizard buddies, but they never want to come down from the wall and socialize. Therefore, he tends to hang out with several frogs, a blue hippo, and a small elephant ;-). Lingernot has become good buddies with this group, and they are all having a late breakfast as I type this.

It was another beautiful sunny day yesterday, and Lingernot decided he wanted to go to one of my favorite nurseries…

Thumbnail by sunnyg

He liked the CA natives section, as he was curious about what grows around here…

Thumbnail by sunnyg

Lingernot decided to stretch his legs by a fuchsia…

Thumbnail by sunnyg

And we both drooled over this Painted Tongue. He saw that I have ‘Chocolate Royale’ in the garden already, and tried to talk me into getting ‘Kew Blue’ as well. I told him it is definitely on my wish list for next year ;-).

Thumbnail by sunnyg

After leaving the nursery before plant enabler Lingernot talked me into any more purchases, we got stuck in traffic. All of a sudden a UFO headed across the sky. Lingernot was sure it was an alien ship come to abduct him, but then we got a better look and it was nothing sinister at all.

Thumbnail by sunnyg

It was such a lovely afternoon, so we all decided not to go home just yet. We headed to the coast, and during the drive Lingernot couldn’t decide if he wanted to see the ocean or the redwoods. It was too late to see both, so it was a tough call. After I mentioned the possibility of seeing banana slugs, Lingernot decided on the redwoods. So as the sun sank behind the mountains, we rushed into Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park on a desperate banana slug hunt. I’ll post pics of the “quest” a bit later.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Sunny...Beautiful pictures as always. Lingernot seems to be enjoing CA. The web sight has many beautiful pieces for sale. beautiful craftmanship!!

I have a scar on my leg that was the result of "bananna slugs". The
summer camp counslers insisted we go to the creek to look at the slugs. They have some BIG ones in CA!! I was terrified and went kicking and screaming. We had to go under a barbed wire fence to get to the creek. Needless to say, I got snarled in the wire. Did not have to go see the slugs that day. Hope Lingernot was not afraid of them. I am over my fear now and laugh how silly I was. They move so slow, they could not harm anything!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I've never seen a banana slug or at least I don't think I have. I can't wait!

Thanks Bea! LOL about your banana slug story. The last time I was at Henry Cowell there were a bunch of kids in our group, and they all licked this one poor banana slug. I guess it numbs your tongue, but I think I’ll pass. ;-) Dahlia, we weren’t too sure we’d actually be able to find any banana slugs, and it was already getting dark when we got there. You should have seen my boyfriend and I rushing along the path , carrying a little gnome and intensely squinting at the bushes.

When we first got arrived, Lingernot wanted to climb into the slice of this ancient tree….(sorry, the pics aren't too clear, it was getting dark and I still haven't figured out how to use my camera ;-))

Thumbnail by sunnyg

Lingernot was impressed with this tree’s age…

Thumbnail by sunnyg
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well I can say that I have been to a redwood forest in CA but I didn't crawl into any trees slices. Cool!

He decided he better start getting in shape for climbing poles down south, so after assuring me he wouldn’t use his axe on these trees he headed on up….

Thumbnail by sunnyg

well shoot, i'm not sure why that pic was sideways...LOL.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Dahlia..here is a link with lots of pic of banana slugs and a kid licking one too!! Yucko!
Sorry Lingernot missed them, they are quite colorful !

http://images.google.com/images?q=Bananna+slug+picture&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7SUNA&um=1&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

OMG look how little Lingernot looks. Like a fruitfly. Good thing his dapper wardrobe makes him stand out or he might get lost.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks Beahive. Bananaslugs just went in the Great Book of Lists as a must see live!

We continued to desperately search for banana slugs, but all we found were mushrooms…

Thumbnail by sunnyg

…and then finally…success!!!! What a cute little baby :-)

Thumbnail by sunnyg
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Sunny, sorry if I ruined your surprise. I assumed by your earlier post that you were not able to find a B slug. Well now we have seen them in all shapes and sizes. The one Lingernot found is the best one!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.