I'm going to have a baby!!

Crossville, TN

Well....My very handsome, talented, basketball player DGS, Andrew...played a very good game...they won 44 to 18....new coach and he's doing GREAT. Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Louise - tell DD I LOVE that bedding...omg, how cute is that?!?!? Andrea is a gorgeous young woman - imagine what a heart breaker that little baby's gonna be?!? Can't wait for more pics!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yea Andrew, way to go! He looks like a very nice boy.
I will tell DD just that Chantell, if this baby looks anything like it's grandma....well...watch out!!!!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hmph...don't believe that at all!!! LOOK what you produced!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

LOL! I meant if this baby is as cute as me, watch out!!!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Anna, Saraya is so precious. thanks for sharing! I know a Saraya, that's such a pretty name!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

This is not the best picture but here's my daughter Andrea at 19 weeks, and we now know she's having a girl!
Little Emma Louise Sophia Gomez is on her way!

Thumbnail by weegy12
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

How exciting for your family!
WIB,
SW

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yup, it is, our first grandchild. We are so thrilled!

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Emma LOUISE Sophia - what a beautiful name! Another weegy in the works. LOL

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Congrats Louise. They sure are ahead of the game with the name already decided. And how sweet that they are naming her after you. Is Sophia the other grandmother? I was named after both of my grandmothers and it always felt very special to me.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thank you! Yes Sophia is the other grandmother and Louise is also my dd's middle name so I don't know if it's after me or her...and yes, I am very honored that they chose those names. I think they had names picked out the day they found out they were pregnant! Elijah Nicholas was the pick if it were a boy.
Kathleen, this world can only handle one weegy!
I'll keep you posted as to the progress of the tummy!

Crossville, TN

Sophia! That's the name of the small town I am from in WV...and My High School! LOL

I am also named after both my grandmothers...Betty Jo (should have been Josephine but as luck would have it the Dr only put JO on my birth certificate)...BJM

My middle name is after my grandmother and great-grandmother, too - they were both called Isabella and I am Isabelle. Mom didn't know how it was spelled, because the family always called them Bella. :-) Never knew them, but I'm proud to have their name!

They messed up my birth certificate, too, Jo! They even got my mom's middle name wrong.

Weegy, I stand corrected! But how nice to have another Louise - it's a nice name to carry on. :-)

Crossville, TN

Kathleen....I was number 8 in the family....and when Doc Moore asked what Mom wanted to name the baby she told him Betty Josephine....as it was days after the birth when he got around to filling out the birth certificate...and he was into his "cups"....he muttered something like "that's a hell of a name to hang on a youngun"...and wrote JO...Bless his heart for that!! LOL Jo

Knowing you, you would have changed it anyway!

I was known as Kathy all my life and HATED it - no offense to other Kathys, but it just didn't feel like me. When I was nearly 40, at the suggestion of a friend, I started insisting on being called by what I considered my REAL name. Turns out my brother always wanted to be called by his middle name. Mom said, "why didn't you say so?" LOL! It's a good reason to give middle names - then the person has a choice when they've grown into themselves. My uncle had an unusual middle name and when I asked my mom about it she told me it was the surname of a very nice neighbor - who let the older kids eat his berries! Names are fun.

Kathleen - aka "K"

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I've changed my name a few times--my given name is Elizabeth, but when I was little my parents always called me Beth. I never really liked Beth, so when I started elementary school I decided I wanted a more grownup sounding name, so I decided to be Elizabeth. Then when I got to high school I wanted to reinvent myself again, so I decided to be Liz and have been ever since. I'm not sure what I'll be if I ever get tired of Liz!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! :-) All three are great names - aren't you glad your parents gave you a malleable one? lol

Crossville, TN

My Grandma was named Elizabeth....and was called Betty....my Mother was Elizabeth and was called Liz...so..... Jo

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I know someone who was not happy with her name, which was Kathleen, but loved her aunt's name of Sofia and when her aunt passed, she took her aunt's name to honor her. I did not give my son a middle name so that as he got older, he could choose whatever he liked..turns out he likes his name....go figure....

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Name changes are pretty common in Native American Indian culture.
I've always been grateful that my parents named me Julie June (means young and youthful, trying to live up to it! LOL.) I did have an Aunt we called June (she didn't like her first name). I share my middle name with my Aunt Junes' daughter Elizabeth, and have always been grateful that I wasn't named Julie Ann.
I have been called many things, ranging from "you rotten little heathen Indian" (by my Grandmother after I'd messed up her clean floor or hauled in another kitty), to JJ, to Jules, to Mom, to SingingWolf, someday I hope to achieve one of the highest honors of all and get to be called Grandma! Names are funny and you should go by the name that makes you feel happy. : )
WIB,
SingingWolf/Jules

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

LOL SW! Elizabeth is one of my dd's name. I've always liked it.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

We called my cuz Little Bit, as a nickname! She hated it. Goes by Liz now. LOL!
WIB!
SW

Our neighbor calls his daughter "Pup" - wonder how long that will last? LOL

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Not too much longer if he has any sense. : )
WIB,
SW

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, Louise, you will have so much fun with your little Emma! (Hey, my grandgirl's name is Ella, and the first of her two middle names is Marie as a nod to me.... Do I sense a trend?)

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You do sense a trend! Isn't is great!! I can't wait for the little one to be here...guess who will be babysitting?!!??

It won't be long now, Grandma!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Mary I thought it was in honor of me :o)

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I know! April is fast approaching! She's having a 3-D ultrasound done on the 16th...she tried last week but Emma was turned the wrong way so they couldn't get a good picture of her but they were able to determine that she is indeed a girl! The first ultrasound was not 100% but now this one is.
And yes Marie, my mom did give me my middle name after you!

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Well, my middle name is also Marie . . . we sure are pop U lar

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Marie's are good people! Mine is also Marie, did I say that above?!?!?
(hey Arlene, miss you.)

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Sweetie,
Will see you in March at Kathleen's; I still have to decide on a soup to bring; thinking about Red Bell Pepper and Basil.

Yummy!

Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

Congratulations, Sherry,

A new baby is always something to be happy about. Our youngest grandson, Jason, was a year old in December. We have five grandchildren.

You know, I have found that being a grandparent is excellent. Most of the time, the kids go home after visiting(when cranky)...LOL.

Hope your daughter has an easy delivery!!

Take care,

Chuck and Loida

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Huh?
edited to add.....there it goes...that weegy / wcgypsy thing again...lol....

This message was edited Jan 8, 2009 8:42 PM

Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

Sorry Sherry!! LOLOLOL! Didn't mean to do it. Louise, All the comments are meant for you.

Sorry again,

Chuck

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

You know I've been thinking about the name thing, and I have to admit, I'm taken with an acquaintance naming her daughter, Denise Jr. : )
Maybe she'll start a new trend.
WIB!
SW

Hey, why not? My grandma and her mother were both Isabella and I always refer to her as Junior.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Louise - where's the recent pics...hmmmm????? Hugs!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.