I'm going to have a baby!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I've got some recent ones including the 3-D ultrasound, will get them to you later!
We're on the homestretch now, April is coming pretty fast! Went to the OB with dd today, wow, Emma has a strong heartbeat.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Hi Chantell!!!!
Here's one from Christmas. These are my 5.. and Andrea is the pregnant one.

This message was edited Jan 26, 2009 4:24 PM

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

This is the excited momma and poppa to be, Nick and Andrea.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Have mercy - you make some pretty children!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I had help!!!!
Thank you my friend. Waiting for my dd to e-mail the 3-D picture so you can see the baby!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Perfect!! I'll try to check back in again tonight..if not I'll see in the morning!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Hopefully I'll have it for you! Have a good night!
Hugs!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Ok, here's the 3-D ultrasound, my 2 favorites!
She's smiling in this one!

This message was edited Jan 26, 2009 7:03 PM

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

The other. Do you see her face?

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Woops, they're both the same photo! Let's try again.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Ok, this one is the one with the big smile!

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

She has her hand on her eye. It took me a while to see it too so don't worry if you can't make it out. Just keep staring and it will pop out at you.
Well, that's my grandbaby at this point.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Glad you said that, and no I don't see the babies face. How far along are they now? My kids ultrasound was in black and white, and I didn't see faces in either one of theirs. Wow, technology has increased so much!
Aren't the pictures Great!
I'm so happy for you! : )
WIB,
SW

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Sorry, we cross posted. Where is your hand?
WIB!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

LOLSW! Keep staring, you'll see her, part of her face is covered by either fluid or placenta if that helps. Look to the left of the photo, you'll see her eye, to the right the other eye with her little hand beside it and there is the biggest smile on her face! It takes a little time, it's like those pictures you have to stare at for a few minutes and then it jumps out at you. If I could figure out how to make marks on my pictures designating the eye, the hand the nose and smile, I could make it clear for you.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Louise she is beautiful. her face is in the left side of the picture correct?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

She is absolutely amazing...perfect...extraordinary...God did good!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yup Marie, her face is on the left.
Chantell, yes, God did good!
This technology is wonderful, did you ever think you'd get a sneak peak at your babies? These ultrasounds have really gotten better since I had mine. If dd was a little further along, the detail would be unmistakable. She's now 28 weeks and her OB appointments are now every 3 weeks. We have an April 17th due date. Guess I better start looking for a crib for Emma!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I hope this helps you see her better! (took me hours to figure this out!)

Thumbnail by weegy12
No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Thank you for doing that, Louise! I was getting a headache! LOL That is a big smile - she must have known her granny was there. :-)

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Believe me Kathleen, it's my pleasure! Yup, that is definitely grandma's girl! (is your headache gone?!!???)

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL, and thanks for "pointing" out her features! She is beautiful, and no offense, even my own kids ultrasounds made me think of aliens inside of me! LOL! Knowing my kids, maybe I was right! ROTFLOL! : )
My best wishes (Can I be a Fairy Godmother?) for a beautiful, healthy, happy baby girl! Now, I can understand the image, it's a lot more real to me. Did you get to hear her little heart beating yet? Magical moment! : )
How about a photo of something I understand? Here's a very pregnant onion!
WIB,
SW

This message was edited Jan 27, 2009 5:02 PM

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

That is amazing, Louise ! Emma with a big smile.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

That onion looks like it's having twins!
Oh yes, I heard the heartbeat, a very strong heartbeat, it sure was something special.
Without knowing what you're looking for on the ultrasound, it just looks like a big blob. And yes, alien like!
Yes, you're her Fairy Godmother!
Pretty happy baby, huh Rodica?!?!!?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Emma is going to be a beauty !

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Well, of course!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Weegy! I always wanted to be a Fairy GodMother!
I think that onion is having a litter. I counted 15 bulb like babies on her side. They are a fun plant and do have pretty flowers. They don't ask for much either. Just a little water every once in a while.
Among NAI, the Drum is the heartbeat of the people, and in the old days when the Daddy, Granny, or Grampy could hear the heartbeat of the baby inside the Momma, it was a very special moment. They would speak of the little drum in Mom's belly. Children are so special to NAI. They are our Blessings in our old age. They are our future.
I am so happy that everything is going well for Andrea and baby Emma. : )
I'm glad you "got" the humor in the alien remark. I think it is easier to see the details when you know how the baby is positioned. All I remember about my eldest getting an ultrasound, was that the little twerp was already acting like his Dad. (His Dad often sleeps with his legs crossed, Indian style). My kid was inside my belly, doing flips with his legs crossed. No wonder I felt like I was an inside out trampoline! The nurse commented, that she sure would like it if she could tell if the baby was a boy or a girl, and on cue he uncrossed his legs and showed the world he had a dangler! We all had to laugh, it was so funny!
I've been a lot of things with that kid, but I've never been bored. : )
Fairy Godmother Blessing for the day: May sweet Andrea sleep well while waiting for baby Emma to make her appearance! : )
WIB,
SW

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Guess I'm the only grandpa on this post. I have four of 'em 2 girls, 2 boys. KaperC: earlier you posted that a neighbor called his daughter PUP. Well I have names for all my Grands and they're all 'food' names.
The girls are 'Baby Cakes' and 'Noodle' and the boys are 'Biscuit' and 'Nubbin'. I still haven't used 'Gum Drop', 'Jelly Bean', 'Sweet Pea' or 'Dumpling', so there's room for more. Here are the boys.

Thumbnail by DesertPirate
Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

And here are the girls.

Thumbnail by DesertPirate

What cute grandkids! How lucky are you? Love the names. :-)

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Welcome Grandpa desertprarie! Your grandchildren are beautiful. I cannot wait to see what all the fuss is about grandkids, I always heard that if people knew how wonderful grandchildren are, they would have had them first...is this true desertprarie!?!?!!?
Here's my dd, getting close now and she's getting to the uncomfortable stage. Boy, did I see that little Emma kick yesterday!! DD's stomach was moving all over the place!

Thumbnail by weegy12
Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

Dear Desert Pirate,

I am a granpa too! I have three boys and two girls. The boys are Nathan, Jonathan, and Jason and they live in Salt Lake City, Utah. The girls are Hailey and Kayla. The girls live in the San Fernando Valley. Louise, once you see those little expressions on their faces, you will fall in love with the grandkids. I have been fortunate, I guess, 'cause after visiting, the grandkids and their parents go home. My kids are from 38 years old to 21 years old. There are four boys and two girls. There should be more grandkids in my future...LOL.

Thanks,

Chuck

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Louise;
For me,it's as much about the fact that I have less moment to moment obligation, so I have more quality time for them. It's easier to be objective about their behavior because I don't have to deal with it 24/7 and I've developed more patience in my near-retirement years. It's certainly easier and more fun to be part of the support network than to be on the front lines.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I'm really looking forward to being a grandma. Looking forward to the "quality time" and spoiling this little one...in a good way.
That was very well put desertpirate..."support network" and not being on the "front lines." Very well put indeed!

I enjoyed being an auntie for my three nephews, but I could never have handled it 24/7/365. And parents need all the support they can get!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

They know that they have plenty of support with this being the first grandbaby on each side! No, Kathleen, I couldn't handle it 24/7 either but if I had to, I sure would. At this age, I just don't have the energy that I did when I was raising my 5...I don't know how some grandparents do it...raising their grandchildren, I guess you just do what you gotta do. My dd knows that I am here for her anytime she needs me, they'll probably have to ask me to leave! Kidding aside, I know that they need to bond with their baby, SIL plans on taking off 3 weeks to help dd. They're gonna be fine.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Weegy,
How is your DD and our Blessed Emma doing? The date is coming up soon, and all I can say, is keep the Tums at hand. Give lots of hugs, and tummy rubs. I still remember those ultrasounds showing my eldest doing 360 flips inside my tummy. LOL! (NOW!)
I know a lot of Grandparents who have stepped up to the plate and taken on raising their kids, children. I have a lot of respect for them, as I know the sacrifices they are making in the name of Love.
I Salute Them!
I am going to use the phrase "support network", when my boys get around to producing their families. I can wait, they are pretty immature still.
I want to spoil the g.babies rotten, but not have to be responsible 24/7/365/18. Selfish, I know, but it will be fun! ^_^
WIB,
SW

Weegy, that's great that SIL is taking time off. So many dads now seem to try to be more involved with their kids - that's one attitude change in our society I can support! I love seeing dads out shopping or just "being" with their babies and toddlers.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Kathleen, Nick is one special guy, totally adores my daughter and is more excited about Emma than anyone! I know he's going to be a great dad and Andrea is going to be such a doting mom...and me...I'm going to be the best grandma ever!!!
SW, Andrea is doing great. She has back pains every once in a while but has always had trouble with her back. Emma is just doing flip flops in mama's belly...she was here Monday and laying on the couch, you should have seen her tummy moving! Priceless. Blessed Emma will be here before we know it. Yippeee!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Here's a picture of mommy and daddy.

Thumbnail by weegy12

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.