Commanders Jordan, Josh, and Moxon have PIPS!! Updates here!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

cindy's was green also

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

cindy just drank teaspoon of sugar water.
when should i give her more?

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

tried to get a pic. of her little wing

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Commander Jordan, Cindy is just too adorable. She should be illegal. I love how her wings have white tips already. Her little feathered legs and feet are so cute!

Do you have a chick waterer? When she is steady, you can take the tip of her beak and dip it into the water. She will learn that she can drink there. They pick up on that REALLY quickly. They are smart little cookies, right out of the egg! Don't dip too deep or she can drown. She will learn and go for the water herself when she wants some. Put out some sprinkles of chick feed in a flat dish. I use a yogurt tub lid upsidedown with the crumbles in it. They usually are eating or pecking at those within a few hours after hatching.

Lodi, United States

Jordankittyjo--because Cindy took so long to hatch she may need a little sugar water--but generally they advise you not to feed or water them for the first 24 hours--they have the yolk reserve and I think you can "overwhelm" their little systems if you push too much food.

She is adorable!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thanks everyone.
i dipped her beak in the spoon and she kept going for more. she liked the sugar water. her feet are so big. think she might be a roo?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Cindy is SOOOO cute! Congrats JKJ!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

she kinda looks like a penguin

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

That is so funny - you're absolutely right! She does look like a penguin! Too funny!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Now I want to name her Mumble, like the penguin in Happy Feet!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

well, since i think cindy is a roo, mumble sounds like a fitting name

(Zone 7b)

Now i helped with cindy too and if it's a roo i want to name it LT. Major It's got a masculine tone to it.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

how bout LT. MAJOR MUMBLE?

(Zone 7b)

OKAY

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

whew, glad everyone is happy now

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

LOL, we're such an agreeable bunch!

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Um Ladies.....There is no such rank as LT Major...Its Major and then Captain...then Lt Col , then Full Bird Col )-6 which is my rank, then Brig. Gen ,Lt Gen. Major Gen, and Gen which is a 4 star...

londonderry, Australia

congrats commanders moxon and jordan on the new lifr forms way to go

(Zone 7b)

But i thought way back when that was my rank? guess not Jordan i guess it's just "Mumble" then.

Dusty you didn't answer my question about the hygrometer it's farther back up this thread

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Personally I like Major Mumble... LOL

The Hygrometers are at Walmart and they cost about $6-$7...They are located in the housewares aisle where the kitchen thermometers for meats, candys etc. are sold...They have more expensive ones as well, and some in combo with thermometers...Since I do not have a bator, I have no need for one Harmony, so therefore have no name of it...I just know I saw them there and passed the info on...

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

dusty, i do have a hydromegtor, but keep forgetting to check it. i am hanging my head in shame. bad, bad, momma :(

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Must. Have. More. Baby. Pics.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

will post more tomorry.my 3 week old jap. bantams are getting big too

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Mumble has 5 toes on each foot. is this normal? i counted all my other life forms, they only have 4 toes

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

ooooooooooooooooooooooh, maybe Major Mumble IS a penguin! 5 toes is silkies, right? Which other ones have 5 toes...Dorking, Faverolle, Houdan, Sultan and Silkie, according to the internet.

Harmony, you were Lieutenant Colonel. :-)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Here's a pic of my little serama from tonight. He's in a yogurt pot lined with fleece because the other 10 day old chicks were picking on him. I am going to transfer them to a new brooder tomorrow and keep him under the cosy lamp. I think he will be fine in the yogurt tub for tonight.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

He is very interested in flying....practicing early!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Here are some pics of the 10 day olds, just for fun. Some of you will remember the hatching in Eggsplorer: Mission ROMES.

Here is the millie, named Nilla. Check out her feet!!!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Nilla again. It's like snowshoes! I had no idea she would look like this so soon!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

This is butternut. She hatched out of a blue egg. She's supposed to be an EE. She appears to be all white, which is interesting for an EE.

Does she look like an EE to you?

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Here is the silkie, named Wafer. I guess she will be all white?

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

This is praline, the EE, who actually looks like an EE!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Praline and Wafer.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Clarkson, KY

Butternut's leg color is interesting...Isn't that indicative of something? Araucana or something...I wanna say green, but that's not right.

This message was edited Sep 30, 2008 8:42 PM

(Zone 7b)

It's praline that looks americana to me is he?

This message was edited Sep 30, 2008 8:45 PM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

These are the 2 OEG babies, who both came from a trio of fawn duckwings that I have. They do not look the same. One looks like it has more of the fawn color coming in the wings, but I don't know what the other one will look like. Any ideas? Sort of buff I guess.

Here are Biscotti and Dibs.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Praline could be Ameraucana. He was sold to me as an Easter Egger egg. I think they mostly do have Ameraucana in them. Maybe he is more pure?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I noticed that too Grownut.. Dark legs is a pullet isn't it?

I love the snowshoes! That is soooo dang cute!!!

So the lil Serama boobie babie.... are you gonna name it Gurty? LOL (Yogurt) Gurt if it's a roo? LOL

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Butternut looks like an americauna to me.. and yes they do have green legs

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I could definitely name it Gurty! That's cute! These are the 3 possible moms. Gurty looks more white than anything to me.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.