Sept. Daily Weather, Part III What's happening in your yard?

(Zone 3b)

very nice, everyone.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

All right Pepper!
You guys have a BLAST!

Kelli it appears you have settled in w/ the new camera right fine!
Beautiful shots!

Well Sharon I can see where the Titmouse flocks have gone!
LOL @ the shot!

Dry but a touch of clouds today.
Should be 76 and hazy w/ a mild N breeze for the RU tomorrow.
SLIGHT chance of rain Tues or Weds.... we're bone dry here still.

Well we got all but 3' of the foundation done on the FPR today... ran out of sand and gravel....errr!
We'll finish it Sunday and do the permanent door hang..

Cookies, Cakes and Pies are done for tomorrow.
The Keftedes (Greek Meatballs) are simmering on the stove....
I'm off to soak in the Hot Tub..... it's been in the upper 50's at night...
HT season is formally underway..... best soaks are when it's in the 20's and 30's...LOL!

Ric

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I'll take some of those pies and cookies off your hands. Oh and the meatballs too!! LOLOL

(Zone 7a)

One of everything, please. ☺ My mouth started watering when I read that post.

It was nice today. 85º and slightly breezy but not much.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin' All! :D Rain, glorious Rain! :D It has been raining off & on since evening before last. You know, one of those nice & slow rains! :D We really needed it. :) At the moment it's 63° & very warm compared to a couple of nights ago, when we were down to 45° ! The leaves are starting to turn & I hope to get out this afternoon to take some pics of them.
At Dublin...
Cloudy: 64°F
Feels like: 64°F
Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 64°
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 2 miles
Wind: 5 mph ENE
Sunrise: 7:15 AM
Sunset: 7:11 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Kelli! I agree w/Ric! You have gotten to know your camera very well! Thank you so much for sharing them w/ us! The water falls keep getting better & better! :D
Pepper, Have fun! :D
Ric, You have fun, too. I think that I would probably eat too much. ;)
Dyson? Are you still getting the rain? :)
Kiska, Your pics are gorgeous! Several people at work have been talking about how beautiful Alaska must be...You have given the proof! ;) A girl at work said that her aunt lives in Anchorage & that she is ready to go w/ me! (hehe) She doesn't want to fly either! ;)
Marsue, Kiska said it! :D Don Juan is a beautiful "Lipstick Red"! :D
Marylyn, Hope that you get the 'juice' back on soon! We miss you!
Sharon, The G.F.'s on Lady M. ! What a pic! :D How is Gary doing? btw...JW loves 'his' song! ;) He looks at me w/ his little mouth in an O.( :-O) And I made a discovery day before yesterday! He was (or I thought that he was) chewing on something, but I couldn't see anything in his mouth...I stuck my finger in there probing around & What was those sharp things! 4 new teeth! in the back! (top) His mom couldn't figure out why he wasn't sleeping much (or well).

The trivia for the day is...
Which of these is an instrument used to measure humidity and dewpoint?
a) Thermometer
b) Psychrometer
c) Tachometer
d) Speedometer

Have a Great Weekend! :D
Joey

(another pic from the past)

Thumbnail by music2keep
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Good morning - the rain has stopped but everything is soaked. The apartment is warm dry and comfortable. Time to fire up an electric griddle and get some french toast going.

Hopefully it will dry up outside enough to get some outside work done.

Have a good day all.

(Zone 7a)

Going to guess B on the trivia by process of elimination.

Dyson, now I'm hungry for french toast. Thanks. How's the room going?

Sharon, I read up on Gary's condition. Glad he's feeling well but gosh those numbers need to come down.

We have 84º for today. Parly cloudy.

Photinia cuttings from a restaurant parking lot.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Joey I guess b for the dew point.
Dyson I admire your coping with your downsize.
Kelli, what a packed few days away you had. Did you drive the whole trip? Your pictures are worth of any calender I've ever seen.
Marylyn I hope you power is restored by the time I get this sent.
Ric, your treats are for a RU at your house?
Adina what a beautiful entrance Junior was guarding.
Sally those apples look delicious and I sure wish I had some.
Pepper have a great day with all those DGers.
Sharon 10hrs is a really long time for dear Gary. He remains in my prayers.
Kiska I guessed right on how many days Anchorage was above 70º.
Celia, I can just see those birds riding that whirlwind, like a carnival ride for them.
Marsue I too want some Don Juan lipstick.
Sharon, is this the toad you found? http://www.wec.ufl.edu/extension/wildlife_info/frogstoads/osteopilus_septentrionalis.php
or http://ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu/cuban_treefrog.shtml
Seeds, Your energy puts me to shame. I am always learning and in awe of you.
Any word from Deb?
;)
Potterweed as high as an Elephant's eye.

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sharon: love the titmouse. Still praying for Gary and all of his caregivers, too.

Quoting:
This is called Sour Lake. The booklet said that it is as strong as battery acid.

Makes you want to jump right in, huh, Kelli? NOT! Great pictures, BTW.
Ric and Dyson: You both are making me hungry with all the talk of cookies, etc., and Greek Meatballs and French toast! LOL
Joey: Like Celia, I'm going with B for the trivia by the process of elimination. JW has a mouthful of teeth! Pretty leaf pic.
Celia: nice photinia cuttings. Do you use a root hormone when starting your cuttings?
Sidney: the potterweed is pretty and a "new" plant to me. Never heard of it before.

My yellow mums are about to burst forth in bloom. The petunias, which are on the driveway side of this bed, have seen better days and are fading fast. that loropetalum in the middle has a few out-of-season blooms on it, too.

Thumbnail by marsue
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

"Makes you want to jump right in, huh, Kelli?" LOL!!!

Sidney, yes, we drove up. DH and I both hate to fly plus we like to bring a ton of stuff with us. The first day we went from home to Provo, UT and the second from Provo to Jackson, WY. Something I ate or perhaps something that was on my hands when I ate in Pocatello, ID made me sick. I felt like I was going to die - or at least pass out - in a restroom in Idaho Falls. By the next day I felt o.k.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on September 27, 2008
96 °F / 36 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 20%
Dew Point: 49 °F / 9 °C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h / 2.1 m/s from the WSW
Pressure: 29.89 in / 1012 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 8 out of 16
Clouds: Few 9000 ft / 2743 m
(Above Ground Level)

Yellowstone Lake

Thumbnail by Kelli

rocks and lichens for the fans of rocks and lichens

Thumbnail by Kelli

chipmunk

Thumbnail by Kelli

lodgepole pine forest that did not burn in 1988

Thumbnail by Kelli
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

1988 - what did I miss that year? I think I was in Alaska, in fact pretty sure now that I think about it - 30th birthday, made some bad mistakes, lived to tell about it. Can we move to another era? Please! Like next week maybe? Some points in time do not really need to be revisited and some should be cherished forever go figure how that works.

There were big fires in Yellowstone that year. http://www.yellowstone-bearman.com/yfire.html

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Whoops no the RU was at joycet's place up in Franklin, OH...
Our place looks like a Battle Zone from the construction......
GREAT Time!

Your name came up a few times Sidney..... oh Coleus Queen! LOL!
Darius had a gathering at her place today too.
Roadrunner, Grannylois and Sunny showed up for the afternoon after being at the KY RU.
Defoecat (Bonnie) was w/ us here.

Here's the Photo Thread for ours.
Cool and sunny (by 1 PM). Perfect conditions.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/907535/#new

Ric

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I agree Dyson, many past events in my life will live forever, grrrr.

It came here - rain - yesterday and overnight and into today we had 2" of beautiful wet rain. This will enable my daylilies to suck up their fall nutrients for next spring. It was slow and gentle and did not run off.

Sugar, I am cleaning up for fall up here in Pa. Wheelbarrow loads of ugly daylily foliage, and more wheelbarrow loads of mulch. LOL Next spring I will sprinkle all of it with Snapshot right before a 1/2 inch rain and be weed free for most of the summer. This pre-emergent worked well this year and I have a big bag of it.

Still no word from Deb - I guess she got a lot of rain from the TS along the Atlantic coast. That is also what brought us this rain.

Great weather today. Perfect for the RU and we had quite a crowd. Great plants and door prizes and food that was to die for. Literally. :~)

Bad news: My brakes are going bad and in fact are gone on the front driver's side. My dad had to borrow my truck to get lumber since his truck can't pull the trailer right now due to bad tranny. Now both trucks are down. We are hoping we can save the rotor and have my truck going on Monday. Crossing fingers and hoping.

(Zone 7a)

Hey, Pep. You're doing the right thing keeping it parked. I hope it doesn't cost too much and the rotors will be the only fix. Let us know.

I want more rain. Why can't I have more rain? ☺

It was lovely again today. We made it to 85º and had some great fluffy clouds. I came home early from work today because I didn't feel well and got to "enjoy" some of it. I did manage to get the last of the Safflowers pulled. Those things have very nasty thorns on them. Now if I could just find my little patio broom to get rid of the leftover leaves.

Gary is such a dear boy. Keeping him in our thoughts every day.

Dyson, all kinds of things went through my head when I read your post.

Mau, I did give them some hormones. They're now sitting in the shade of my patio until it gets too cold, then, into the house with them until spring.

Airplane or UFO? You be the judge.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Well at 211 am it is dark. the rain has stopped again and the radar looks clear, maybe when the sun comes up things will dry out enough to work outside.

Need to change the oil in the Yaris. Will have to wait until payday.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Today's going to be a repeat of yesterday and the day before and the day before and the day before...LOL High in the upper 80s with loads of sunshine and blue skies. We're supposed to have a "cool" front come through this week, though. Maybe it will make it feel more like fall.

My French Hollyhock, zebrina malva, is blooming like crazy!

Thumbnail by stephanietx

Celia, that's definitely a UFO and as long as they hang in your area they keep the rain away.(It is April one, isn't it)
Stephanie welcome and that's a beautiful flower.
Ric, I thought I was being talked about somewhere.
Glad your RU went off great Pepper.
Dyson, hope you went back to sleep.
Seeds, so good when God helps with a plan.
Kelli, more great pictures.
Sunny, 69 º

Thumbnail by sugarweed
(Zone 7a)

Welcome, Stephanie. That's a beautiful flower.

Sidney, I just love your pics. Very nice.

74°F with 85º predicted and will probably come true. We're like Stephanie. Same old, same old.
Feels like: 74°F

Barometer: 30.1 in ↑
Dewpoint: 36°
Humidity: 25%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 3 mph
Sunrise: 7:21 AM
Sunset: 7:13 PM
UV Index: 6 Moderate

I found a volunteer under the roses this morning. Cosmos.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Joey!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 3b)

32° sunny and bright.
UFO~
Welcome Stephanie; beautiful french hollyhock; love the pinks.
sugarweed~that's so nice and serene.
kwanjin~another gorgeous shade of pink.
Parsley harvest ~

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

I second that, kwanjin...
A very happy birthday, Joey. A drive up someday sounds like a great plan/thought.

Thumbnail by kiska
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

kiska - great looking parsley. I have frozen enough for the next two years and have had a plenitude all summer to give away. Still raining - we are blessed - about 2-1/2I" so far.

Our well pump broke this AM - about 15 yrs. old so prob needs replaced. I have buckets sitting where the rain runs off the roof and have plenty of water for flushing the toilet. Need to get a case at the store today for personal hygiene and drinking. Using paper plates, etc. Minor inconvenience compared to what our hurricane victims are going through. We DO have electric and a gas stove. And our gas stations have gasoline.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday, Joey ! This is the chocolate cake I made for DH and mine 27th anniversary ...offering to share with you !
I'm way behind here, I've been sick this last 2 days , had a bad cold but I'm OK now...vacuumed the house and made the cake yesterday. The pups are causing not only damages to my pots, which they love to play with...but when they are empty,grrrrr....but they also make me and DH argue , ugh!
After such an ugly, rainy and cold week, today the sun came out and it was a little warmer, about 70.
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Welcome Stephanie!
Zebrina malva have become one of my favs!
Tall but dainty flowered.
They look great in the front of a bed too!

Happy Birthday Joey!!!!!

Ric

Hot and humid. Rain supposedly on the way with a cool front behind it.

Happy Birthday Joey.
May you have a healthy and wealthy year and lots of birthdays.
Thanks for the complements.
I enjoyed planting that milk crate like with 100s of elfin impatients I won on ebay. one flat had 512 plugs in it. After I got it planted I realized the head just went there.
Seeds, well, that's a deep problem and I am thankful you are on top of it.
Hope you have a speedy repair.
Kiska, do you ever make Tabuli?
Celia, I love volunteers, unless they are weeds.;)
Nice and Dyson dark!

Adina I'll take a piece of that cake.
;)

(Zone 7a)

Adina, those look like choco wedges and sugared raisins. Are they?

Simply a gorgeous day today. Got the rest of my irises planted, mulch spread and weeds pulled. Read half of a book and I feel great!

Did you have a good day, Joey?

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Well, I'm too far behind LOL!
Happy Birthday Joey - hope you had a wonderful day :)
Happy Anniversary Adina - the cake looks delicious and I hope you had a wonderful day too :)

Gary had a blood transfusion on Saturday 2.5 bags, 10 hours. The stent on his kidney will not be removed today due to the transfusion. He became anemic and 0 platelets and was whiter than white - scary.

I had to work on Saturday, got a lot done yesterday. We had a beautiful weekend. The white eggplant, broccoli and squash have all be transplanted. Forgot to add the lime, will do that after work today.

68.7 °F / 20.4 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 62 °F / 17 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.98 in / 1015.1 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers

Now
Through 730 am...patchy fog is expected across the area producing visibilities of generally around 4 to 6 miles. A few locations may have visibilities of 1 mile or less near the Jacksonville Metro area...Green Cove Springs...Palatka...and Brunswick. Motorists should remain alert for sudden changes in visibility...especially in low spots and near marshes...rivers...creeks or lakes.

Today
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 85. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Kiska - don't look. This little tree frog was smaller than my "pinky" fingernail. Just off center, snuggled on the leaf in front of the bellpepper.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

28° Dark~ heavy frost
Sugarweed~I'll have to make tabuli again~ it's been years, but what else to do w/parsley?
Se_eds~any ideas w/parsley uses? Do you use it often?
MySharona~sorry that Gary's day was so long ~ hope he'll start off better today.
Bet it's a "cute" little frog~
Adina~the cake looks delicious. I like the way the chocolate wedges were placed and currants sprinkled on top.
kwanjin~looks nice and sounds like you had a great day.
Sunset~ 7:30pm.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 7a)

Cute froggy! Gary is one lucky boy to have you.

59°F with 83º for later and possible rain tonight.
Feels like: 59°F

Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 42°
Humidity: 53%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 8 mph ESE
Sunrise: 7:22 AM
Sunset: 7:11 PM
UV Index: 6 Moderate

My Geranium is turning colors.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I miss one day and look how far behind it gets me!! I'll try to catch up.
first let me say WELCOME! to Stephanie. Your weather sounds just like ours this past week. We could use a good slow rain, though.
Joey: sorry I missed your birthday--hope it was a good one!
Adina: hope you and the DH had a good anniversary, too. I love chocolate cake!!
Dyson: some things we don't want to remember because we know it was our own stupid mistake(s) that got us in that "fix"! LOL
Se_eds: sure hope the pump gets repaired soon.
Ric and Pepper: glad you each had a good RU. Ric, your RU thread pics were good. . . .and what's an RU without lots of good food! That outhouse must have been WAY out there! Too bad that ferocious dachsund was there to block your path! LOL
Sharon: Gary is such a trouper! Bless his heart! That is the tiniest tree frog I have ever seen.
Celia: great "UFO" photo--:o))
Kiska: love that sunset! "Heavy frost"! Brrrrr!
Sidney: great photo of the head and the impatiens!

Today Sunny
High 87°F
Precip10%
Wind: WNW 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 58%
UV Index: 7 High
Sunrise: 7:02 AM CT
Avg. High: 80°F
Record High: 93°F (1986)
Tonight: Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low 60°F (far from a "heavy frost"!)
Precip 20%
Wind: NW 8 mph
Max. Humidity: 82%
Sunset: 6:54 PM CT
Avg. Low: 55°F
Record Low: 37°F (1967)
We need some rain--guess I'll have to water the flowers today.

We went to DGS football game on Saturday afternoon. It was a hard fought game but his team won 6-0. He was one of the co-captains. Here's the team at the kick-off. (I've blocked off the names on the uniforms.) DGS is number 10.

Thumbnail by marsue

Sharon I had to put that frog picture as my desktop background to find that little booger. Green tree frogs are my favorites.
Bless Gary's Heart, he has really been through the gambit.
Kiska, wow on that sunset.
Kelli, I see lots of entries in the contest this year.
Ric, I hope those mentions were good.
Celia, is that pretty little Geranium scented?
Marsue, I cherish the memory of Dayne playing football.
They are so cute at that age.
I hope some of our lurkers will start posting more than once.
83.7 °F / 28.7 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 57 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 7.6 mph / 12 km/hfrom the NNE
Wind Gust: 7.6 mph / 12 km/h
Pressure: 31.01 in / 1050.0 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 83 °F / 28 °C
Sidney
This is a coleus that is from the Guiness record holder for being the tallest coleus.
It's name is;
A Beanpole
B Skyscraper
C Sidney
D Grasshopper

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

After a nasty gray weekend with lots of rain and temps that were too cool it was way to sunny and nice today to be at work, It is probably a good thing I was punched in before the sun rose and I could see how nice the day would be. I may have stayed out to enjoy it.

(Zone 3b)

Just a moment to see what's going on before kids home from school.
It's 2:30 pm and there's still frost on the deck:)) But, it's sunny, just not much heat.
Marsue~sure looks like a great day for a game; they are a good age for a fun time for all...good luck to them all.
Sugarweed~ for my likes/dislikes, to be cute, it's going to need fur or hair~~but, interesting in what's cute to others. C Sidney
kwanjin~nice change taking place~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.