The flowerpot cafe' XIII

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Doors open in the new cafe' tonight. We hope Soils got away on her flight ok! She'll be there in a flash with that flying teapot! We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/887601/
BreadBurger anybody? Avocado, beef pattie and tomato sauce, lettuce, tomato, beetroot and pineapple on wholemeal toast.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh no, I totally missed the send off and I had fireworks too! Dang, we were watching that stupid convention and I never got online. So sorry Dianne that I missed your pre-departure party, you have my greatest apology. How rude of me to get prepared and then not even show up for such a nice person who I won't be seeing for a while. I am kicking myself right now if you happen to be right overhead in that lovely teapot plane and can look down, you are likely already hovering over the east coast!

Looks like I missed a wonderful send off as well, those fireworks were as good as what I saw at Longwood Gardens and the jet fuel was remarkably powerful. The drinks looked quite refreshing and likely just what Dianne needed. The boat and teapot jet appear to be the perfect way to travel, no fuss no muss! Great job as always Terri and Steven, sorry I wasn't there to assist.

Humansville, MO

hey
had to work pick everything
i try to send picture of the festival
wich i going to set up and sell thing
have a wondful day
elle

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Elle, when is the festival?

london England, United Kingdom

Hi everyone!
Thanks for the new link Sue. I'll have one of your breadburgers please. No avocado,beef,tomato sauce,beetroot or pineapple on mine thanks.!!
Hi there Candee, missed you last night!!!!!!!! Thank you for the compliments, I'm sure Dianne will be getting first class service on the flying teapot.
Hi elle, Hope the festival is a great success for you.

As usual with the new cafe we have bare tables........ please help us to decorate!
and help yourself to a slice of strawberry and cream cake.

Thumbnail by terriculture
Humansville, MO

it
sep 18-19=20
i sell thing i make
bear,candle,flower arroundment
elle

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well I am stuffed, not sure I could eat another bite after that sandwich, but will surely take a small bite of that strawberry torte! Ummmmmmmmmmm, tastes even better than it looks.
Elle bet your are really busy getting ready, those are a lot of work.
Sue, I loved the sandwich, and did not take the whole thing. I did remove the avacado, but the wholewheat toast is my favorite! Yum, yum.

Humansville, MO

please make me some to take with me
well can not stay here i need to go to work
talk in moring
elle

(Zone 6a)

Sue, Mmmm.....that sandwhich was SO GOOD!!! I ate the whole thing :)

Candee, Feel free to set off the fireworks you made anytime! I'll make another round of cocktails for everyone!!!

Terri, Those fireworks were awsome! Thanks so much :) I hope you managed to get some sleep though :)
OH! And that cake, soooooooo goooooood!!! Someone better gaurd it or I might eat the whole thing!

Steven

Heres some plants I brought over to put in the new Cafe garden.

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

another round of cocktails!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

Ooops! Double posted, I guess that means extra drinks for everyone!

drink up!

This message was edited Aug 28, 2008 1:16 PM

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

some nice scented four 'o' clocks to put by the door!!!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

another

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

and a nice jade plant to put on one of the tables

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

They look great on the cafe patio Steven, thanks and thanks for all the drinks, I'll be having one as soon as I get home as I don't have work tomorrow. What a lovely jade to put in the shade on one of our tables and by the door. Place is sprucing up nicely already.
Terri, BTW - how did you do those fireworks, is that some of that fiberoptic stuff? Very clever.

Hi Steven, Thanks for the cocktail, love the flower it looks like a cocktail umbrella! It sure is strong, I thought it was me seeing doulble after that!! The new plants look great, What a good idea to bring in houseplants especially when we are running low on flowers these days. Hope Mz Squash (our waitress) remembers to water them.
I may have a new applicant coming in for an interview, I believe her name is Mz margaret Marrow, but not sure what day she's coming.
Candee, yes it is the centre bit of a fibreoptic lamp!!! He's a picture of it without the colours. I taped it to the top of the vase. It has some flower petals thrown in.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

You are just too clever.
I was in the cafe today and I almost fell over this thing on the floor and so I set it on a table and somebody had been in here smoking and the next thing I know when I went to the kitchen I thought a bomb had gone off, glad I was here alone and nobody got hurt cause it was one of those left over fireworks and the butt of cigarette fell onto the table and ignited it. Glad a camera was left by our chef so I was able to snap a few pics as it went off.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I am so glad nobody was injured. Whoever cleaned up after the party should be reprimanded!

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

And just as I was walking away another sparkler was set off!!!

Thumbnail by haighr
(Zone 6a)

Candee, I'm glad you caught some pics of those fireworks as they went off!!! I think it was Mz Squash who cleaned up after the party. I was looking out my window and saw her come in late.

Terri, Has Mz margaret Marrow set a date yet for her interveiw?? I hope she's more punctual then Mz Squash who left that cigarette butt lying around. tsk tsk. I caught her smoking near the kitchen other day.

Elle, I hope the festival goes well for you!

One of my rabbits wanted to come and see the cafe so I brought her over. This is Coco.

Steven

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh Steven I will sit for coco any day that you request!!! I used to have a gray bunny as a pet many years ago "hoppy" and he died of old age. He was such a good friend, thanks for sharing your dear one with us.
I'll be looking forward to meeting Ms Margaret Marrow, when will she be in for the interview?

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I loved all the fireworks. I'm so glad Terri took photos, seeing as you had them when i was at work! (different time zones you know?) I'm glad the Cafe' is 24/7!
I cut a few flowers this arvie, because its raining again, and they all get smashed!
I picked purple Verbena, Euphorbia wulfenii (the lime green), Nasturtians, and orange Kalanchoe flowers.
Sorry about the beef burger Terri, but glad you others enjoyed it. I had a memory lapse!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

And another, with the addition of Centaurea, (the grey) and some iresine (burgundy/pink, with yellowish seed head) and Coriander flowers!. I put sweet peas in the vase water, so remind me to change the water tomorrow please.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks Sue for the flowers, I love the color combination. Don't forget the water. I like using the dusty miller in arrangements as it is a nice backdrop and good fill. That lime green is my favorite although not sure I have ever heard of it.

Hi everyone!
Went to bed early last night and missed all the comotion in the kitchen. Beautiful arrangement Candee! great choice of flowers and foliage, it looks gorgeous with the lights on it. The sparkler is brilliant!!!
Steven, Coco is so cute!
I might be having second thoughts about Mz Marrow, let me tell you this, I called by her house this afternoon and she wasn't even dressed, she said she had nothing to wear!!!! I told her to get her wardrobe sorted out as soon as possible. We shall see if she turns up or not.
Hi Sue, No worries!! Ohh those arrangements are so cheerful, lovely colours. It reminds me how much I like pink and orange together. The sweetpeas look great in the vase. Don't forget to change the water!!!!! (if we all remind Sue about the water, then she might remember)!!

Wonder what Mz Squash will have to say for herself.... tut tut......

Oh Candee, I meant to say, I like the look of that jug on the top shelf in the cupboard.

Here's a snack for Coco.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

How nice of you Terri, I made sweet pea a nice perch this afternoon.
Coco will be lovin that treat, I can see here coming in now!

Glad you are keeping coco occupied with that as well as I had no idea I had to camoflage my green beans from the bunny brigade! NP mine are already in the freezer! Whew

This message was edited Aug 29, 2008 10:33 PM

Thumbnail by haighr
(Zone 6a)

Candee, I'll keep you in mind if I need anyone to sit for Coco......but if you want to sit Coco you'll also have to sit Bella :) Bella's her mama. I agree that they make great pets! Everything seems like it has to be camoflaged from the bunny brigade these days....

Terri, Maybe we shouldn't hire Mz Marrow after all.........hired help is so hard to find these days. I heard Mz Squash has a twin though so maybe she'd be more reliable??
Coco really enjoyed her snack! Although she did have to share it with Bella since she decided to come over too.

Sue, Very pretty flowers! I really like the Centaurea in the second arrangment.

Steven

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh Steven they are adorable, I'll sit them both anytime! Please go away soon so I can do that as we just dug carrots from the garden!
Used a few of mittsy's zinnias to make an arrangement for the table with the salt pepper and butter.
We are gonna have to think about the help here at the cafe, not sure who is to make the final decision?

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Used the canna leaves for this one, don't have a single canna bloom but the leaves are lovely. Sorry a bit blurry.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

And as a special treat here is one petal from my vigna caracalla on top of the sugar canister. Will post the entire plant when in full bloom as it is close.

Thumbnail by haighr
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Aren't they beautiful Candee? I have one in a pot and four I planted at each leg of the swing frame, but they don't look to good after the winter. I'm hoping they will pick up.
I loved your arrangements, but thought I was a bit dizzy when i looked at one, but you did say it was blurry!
Nice Bunnies steven, and I love your arrangement too terri! Have you been to your MUms yet?
I forgot to change the water by the way! I didn't come back to DG for a couple of days. DOH! It was a bit gruesome when i tipped it out! EEEwwwwww!
I'm so looking forward to the weekend! I have been since monday! LOL
Keep up the good work all, and has anyone heard from Adele or Traci?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks Sue. I do know that Karma is in the path of the storm and is now perhaps w/o power.
My vigna must be brought in each fall and cut it back. But you should see it now as the roots grow through the bottom of the pot and get themselves rooted on the island and the vine shoots out everywhere. In a few weeks will have to tip the pot, but off the roots and bring it in. Should be in full bloom for a photo post soon.
We tried to tell you about the water, you just don't listen LOL!

(Zone 6a)

Candee, Thanks but I don't have any holidays planned in the near future.............but....if anyone wants to send me on a vacation I'd gladly accept :)
Very pretty arrangments! Is this the firslt year for your vigna? I've never grown it before but they sure are nice!

Sue, Thanks . Anything special planned for this weekend?

Argh, Bella currently has an attitude problem. She pee'd in her food trough this morning when we didn't let her out right away.

Steven

Hello everyone, Please call in if you can to let us know you are all safe and well.

Candee, Thanks so much for the new perch for our birdie, Sweet pea, she loves it and has been playing on it all day!
Love the salt and pepper idea! Reminds me I have a salt and pepper set of teapots, will have to try something with them now!!!
Blurry arrangement is beautiful! Love the way you framed it with the candlesticks. Is that Iceplant (Sedum) in it? The Canna leaves are so striking, great job!!

Steven, Bella is a cutie, shame about the attitute!!!! I may have found some hired help, he's called Monty Marrow and has a sister Mellisa. Hopefully they will come by for an interview in the next couple of days.

Sue, stinky water yuk!!!! Haven't been to my Mums yet!!!!!! Been shopping for school stuff with a stroppy teenager,(with attitude) it wasn't much fun. Today Katie went back to school, YIPPPPPPPPPY!! Good news when she came home, she's been moved up into the top groups for all subjects so we are all delighted about that.
Is it spring for you yet? Are you getting busier with your gardening work?

I was at the flower club tonight and guess what? I won a raffle arrangement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again.
Will bring it in tomorrow to show you. Goodnight all.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi all, I do hope all the Americans in the South are ok. I hear it wasn't as severe as expected, but I'm sure it was scarey and did plenty of damage to gardens!
Thanks for telling me about the water. I did read it, 2 days too late I might add! My fault entirely!
Hi Steven, no plans for the weekend, I'll go with the flow. It is fathers day here on the 7th, so will be making hubbys day as easy as possible. his kids don't make much of an effort, so I'll treat him nicely for once! LOL. Sorry about your bunny. i haven't handled one since I was a kid, so don't remember much about their personalities.
Spring has sprung! My first dutch Iris, the rains have started, (so work on hold) and I fertilised the lawn (40kgs of fert!) and am fertlising all the palms and fruit trees. I also haven't had the fire on for days! Its lovely!
I'm starving! Hasn't anyone ordered yet?
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Steven, who would have thought that cutie Bella had an attitude. Guess she just wants to be out and around all the time perhaps and I can't blame her. She likely wanted out to sneak back over to the cafe and look for more treats!

Sue so glad spring has sprung, so funny to hear you talk about all you have to fertilize and such as I am thinking about when to start taking things inside and washing and storing bulbs. Lovely iris that popped up for you.

Hoping that Karma can get some power soon and let us know she is okay.

Terri, sounds like Katie is quite the achiever, good for her and great for you. Like mother like daughter. Not surprised you won the prize again, you are undoubtedly the head of that class.

Humansville, MO

i put did plant in my tea pot
i broke the top
so i did this
for i can keep it
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

Hi everyone,
Nice Iris Sue, love the springtime! you have so much to look forward to. We haven't put the fire on yet but it is getting a bit chilly in the evenings. Have a good weekend with Fathers day and all.
elle, Thanks for the African Violet tea, looks good in the teapot.
Candee, Thanks! I was just lucky to have a winning raffle ticket!
Here's the arrangement I won, it was on a huge pedestal, it took up the back seat in my friends car!!
I think it will look nice at the cafe'.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.