Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer (Thread 5)

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

how cool is it that Lingernot was there to celebrate.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Knowing Marion, she'll cut him a big piece of her bd cake too! Lucky Lingernot..

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Happy B-Day abbisgranma. Hope you have a fabby, fabby day ^_^

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday Marion!!!

{{{{HUGS}}}} & *smootches from Me and your AGS Christopher ;o)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Happy Cake-Day Marion!!! Hope you had a great day!

Loved your ladybug stone and the various coleus you have there. Wish I had a limequat. If I had it here, I might be able to get the Tiger Swallowtails to lay eggs on it!

Eugene, OR

Hope Lingernot helped you celebrate your special day!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. Lingernot did help me celebrate but I didn't get pictures of him with the cake. Granddaughters dominated the camera!!

Lingernot did travel to Kanapaha Botanical Gardens for the committee meeting for the 2009 Spring Garden Festival. He was very helpful assisting us with chosing a theme for next year: "The Secret Life of Trees".

He did manage to tour the grounds and have some pictures taken.

Checking out the sign at the entrance

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Starting his walk into the gardens he got sidetracked with the fern

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

He loved the Herb garden that has been recently been redone. I had to "push" him to get him to move onto other areas.

This message was edited Sep 14, 2008 10:57 PM

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Fascinated with the design of the soon to be Celtic Knot Garden

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Such tall bamboo!! The entrance to the bamboo room which is a favorite wedding site.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

He made friends with one of the volunteers in the Hummingbird-Butterfly gardens

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Continuing his walk through the hummingbird-butterfly garden

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

He gave me a little trouble here. Inspite of the "Do not climb on rocks" signs, he scaled right on up. Glad the workers had their backs to us!!

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Wanted to climb on the tree limb all the kids climb on so up he went.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Stopped to visit with the garden's cat before leaving.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Admiring the Hawaiian Torch Ginger outside the main doors to Summer House (welcome center). He really loves those! So did I!

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Then had a look/see at the Carnivirous (sp) plants before saying goodbye.

Lingernot is having a little get together downstairs tonight with some of the gnomes from around here. Tomorrow he will continue his travels to Heavenscape. Thoroughly enjoyed having the little fellow and look forward seeing his other adventures soon.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma
Eugene, OR

abbisgranma....what a wonderful host you have been! New places, new faces, oh the stories he'll have to tell.

Thank you for the tour of the gardens, I love the idea of a Celtic Knot Garden! Of course being Irish, I might be a bit partial. LOL

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Glad he didn't go wandering in the bamboo planting there, it looks really dense! Lingernot may have been trying to see what the worker was spraying. He just wanted to make sure it wasn't pesticides, because he knows how important the insects are. The Ginger and Pitcher Plants are so pretty! I can see why he wanted to get a closer look at them.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow, what a wonderful excursion! I'm certain Lingernot's happy that the weather's been beautiful in Havana, not Cuba!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Glad he wasn't suppose to be in Galveston either!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh shuddering at the thought!! And Lingernot doesn't have a SS # !!!

Well Lingernot is on his way to his next destination. Just hope he doesn't mess up his traveling gear!! One of the less reputable gromes was allowed to into the party after I went to bed. Not a pretty sigh when I got up this morning!! I cleaned Lingernot up, lots of black coffee and a couple of aspirin for the headache but he was still a little shaky when he left. On his was to Tabor City, N. C.

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for being such a good host abbisgrandma!

He really was a dear and I am sure his getting into trouble last night was because he was "harrassed" into by the no good trouble maker that dropped by. He was okay just shaky this morning and very embarrassed for sure.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Marion, dry county here, just that bottle of Robitussin. So, I'm sure he won't do much damage.
Ole Heart and Soul here are still fretting over Staynot's disappearance, but they are excited that Lingernot's coming!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Oh Jaye, I don't really think he does this often just got caught up in a situation and didn't want to look like the "goodie two shoes type" He was so so embarrassed this morning. Moral: don't let "shady, seeded gnomes in to parties" for sure!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

What's a dry county?

No alcohol sales.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Are you serious? None at all? That is the most bizarre thing have heard of in a long time. We don't have that in Canada, and since I've only ever lived in Iowa, and that for only 6 years, this is news to me. What do you do when you need some champagne to celebrate something? Is it illegal to buy it somewhere else or order it online?

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

We have a couple of dry towns in Oregon. One of them is a college town and I think it's a good idea!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

CMoxon there are alot of dry communities in the the Territories in Canada.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wow Dahlianut - I guess I was less educated about my home country than I thought! Thanks for the lesson learned! Never did make it up into the territories. I came from Nova Scotia and spent some years in Ontario also.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No worries CMoxon. I only know that cuz I worked up there and travelled around alot.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I grew up in a dry county, that only makes kids get on the road and go to neighboring counties where they can buy it. Then drive back drinking!! Makes no sense really.

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Britain has lots on dry townships as well.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

It may not be dry in Ontario, but the rules about (not) drinking outside in public places would surprise a lot of Americans.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Now that would not be a bad rule!!

Eugene, OR

hmmmmm....wonder what our lad will find to get into at his new destination. DH worked in NC once in while, but I've never been, another adventure on the horizon for sure!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.