Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer (Thread 5)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I am not sure if that is what Lingernot was speaking with the "Big Boy" at my place about, but could be.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Well I need to get on the job of Lingernot’s visit. We had a disappointment with the Cowgirl Hall of Fame …no pictures in the exhibit area! This is on the outside where I wasn’t supposed to climb up! he he!

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

This statue of Sacagawea was in the foyer of the Museum. She was the only indian on the Lewis and Clark Expedition of 1804.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is one of the few things I could photograph; a TX Armadillo for those who don’t know what ‘road kill’ looks like.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

They had a small dinosaur on exhibit and Lingernot was bugging me because he couldn’t see the dino’s head well enough, so I gave him a closer look! He was better behaved after that.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

The exhibits that we could not photograph were very interesting and a lot of fun for the kids that were there.
When we returned Lingernot began talking to Froggie about all he had seen.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh WOW!! He is having too much fun! I love the cowgirl statue!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I forgot this one.....
We also visited the statue of "Midnight" the Hall of Fame horse; known for throwing riders. Lingernot was asking the cowboy if the horse had never been ridden, why on earth would he want to try, knowing odds are he would be thrown off!

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh and the only hat we could find is a straw, but then it is summer in Texas!!
The frog is my alter ego paperweight at the computer. If you haven't noticed I like frogs. Not so much the real ones, they come to the pond and keep me awake at night.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Back to the yard he met Lee and Lou Fern near my hosta bed.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

He had to explore the plants in the Tipsy Pot Tower my DH planted.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

He listened to my frog band for a while too.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sheila you have way cool stuff in your garden. Lucky Lingernot!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Dahlia! We look for the after the season sales, then I have friends that give me frogs.

The dancing frogs tried to entice Lingernot to join them but he said he has two left feet.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sheila_FW the I showed the Frog King your pics and he sends his best wishes to your frogs and Lingernot. Note: although he looks very regal he is actually a party animal.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

The party animal looks like he has a hangover! I love him, thanks Dahlia!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks for introducing Lingernot to the gentlest amphibians Sheila.
He would have a warm welcome here.

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Glad to see Lingernot kicking up his heels back in Texas!! Looks like he is ahving a great time, and your yard is just beautiful Sheila!!

Eugene, OR

I can see Lingernot is in good hands. Love the frogs.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Abbi....I will wait until Tues to send Lingernot on his way to you as you asked. Since the UPO is on holiday he would not get to you anyway.
Hope I am not boring you all with pictures! LOL!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Well, I am home again so I will eagerly await Lingernot's arrival. Just hope he isn't upset with the gardens here as Fay did a little more of her temper after I left for Canada last week. He can assist my group with the cleanup!! Or he just might see everything and head to North Carolina!!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Well Lingernot went by Eagle on Tuesday and has arrived in Havana FL at 6:33am this morning. Should be there today at abbisgranma place. In case of problems the tracking number is 0460 4371 6900 3205 3735

The morning before he left we took a walk around the garden and photographed flowers that he saw in bloom. It wasn't sun up just yet and one we caught was the yellow evening primrose. It has bloomed it's head off this summer.
We also snapped a pic of the Texas Star Hibiscus. He wanted to share it with others, so I have included some seeds with him that you can each take a few from and pass along. I also put in the Lyreleaf Sage plant. So we have a very tall and very short plant for you each. I enjoyed my sharing of my garden and my gnomes are due for a rest. One of which you can see didn't make Lingernot's send off! LOL!
Sheila

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW

Lingernot has arrived in Havana--Florida that is not Cuba. I am trying to console him now as he was very upset to see the debris that Fay had left. He understood there was a family emergency so it hasn't been cleared. He is very gracious and gentlemanly about the situation.

He will start touring as soon as he recovers from his journey from Texas.

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Marion, you're so silly....not Cuba!!lol!! Take good care of Lingernot, which of course we ALL know you will ;o) Christopher has started school, so I can't send him out to you just yet...hee hee hee

Oh no, all my grandchildren have started back to school. Tell him to enjoy and make good grades.

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

He actually loves school and dreads the summer... odd, but I couldn't ask for a better little guy..and he will most likely get those good grades, always has...he's been in GATE (Gifted And Talented Education) classes out here since 4th grade, he just started 6th.....sniff sniff his last year in primary school...sniff sniff But I will tell him that his adoptive Granma says he BETTER or else!! hee hee hee teasin"

Oh no don't threaten him with that. Well "lissa I still have one in school--but the teacher now. Youngest GD started preK this year and it was sad. They grow up so fast!!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL!! the teacher ;o) aw, you must be so proud, and pre-K?? oh geez, I'm gonna start cryin' thinking about those days. Christopher just wanted to be dropped off (don't get out of the car mom!! sheesh) but on the way he was reminding me about how he cried and cried when DH and I left him at school on the first day of kindergarten ;o) Now I get a "love ya" "see ya later" and off he goes :o( I shouldn't complain, at least he still says he loves me each morning right??LOL

...so do I from my DD, comes in to kiss me good morning and wishes me a good day before she leaves.

Eugene, OR

abbisgranma...hope you don't have too much of a mess to clean up, I,m sure Lingernot will help all he can. Was there much damage in your area?

Fay just left us with huge amounts of rain on ground that was getting summer rains normally. The winds, such as they were, brought down a lot of dead limbs that were in the trees and yes, I have several large piles of debris. More to pick up. Actually we have a no burn here and no trash pickup so we have to either haul it away or make a huge pile to compost in our backyards. We have been told when the pile gets to high to jump on it to get it down!! Yeah, right. Maybe Lingernot would like to do the jumping?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O wow sorry to hear abbisgranma. I'd be over with my big gum boots to do some jumping if I wasn't on the other side of the planet (almost).

Trust me you would need tall heavy books as I live on a lake and water mocassins do come up to the brush pile. Won't see me jumping on the one out bad. Lingernot will only jump on the ones I have in the front. I wouldn't dare let him get hurt!!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

EEEK! offer withdrawn. I don't think I could take out a water mocassin even with my fabby ninja skills.

That's our sentiments exactly--EEEK!! So nature is allowed to take it's course with the debris out back. Considering buying a chipper/shredder as I could use the end result on the paths. Sometimes I wonder where the brains are of the people on the Homeowner's Association!!!

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

Hi AG,
I live on a smallish city block (about 225sq. metres/270sq. yards and the house occupies about one third of that) and I make enough compost each year from yard prunings and scraps to fill a dozen or more 60litre/14 gallon rubbish bins.
How do I make so much compost, so fast? I have a shredder, and a compost tumbler - I don't think I could garden without either of them. I heartily endorse you to go down the shredder route, abbisgranma.

A word to the wise - get as high power and as rugged a unit as you can afford - these machines take a real beating when in use and you want the grunt to be able to chip down as big a branch as possible. Once you have one of these machines you will be absolutely startled at how much smaller your pile of green waste will get, and the fragmentation of the material speeds up the composting process no end. At the height of summer I could pull a finished load out of my compost tumber about once every three weeks - the only thing that stops me is lack of enough green waste to get a load going!

Ciao, KK.

Thanks for the information. I do have a large area I am doing the lasagna compost method and had planned to use the chip as path material. I live on a lake and have 2 really nice paths leading down to the water's edge that need reinforcements.

Planning to check into chipper tomorrow while out running errands.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I often see chippers advertised on Craig's List. Might be a cheaper way to get a good one. Just a thought!

Neeed to check that out. Thanks

I just hate to send all these limbs to the landfill then have to buy materials for my paths. Just doesn't make an logical sense to me.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Another DG friend talked to a tree company that was working on her street after a storm and ask if they would drop a whole dump truck of chips in their driveway. Then they used them as mulch on the beds and walkways thru the garden. There were a few bigger limbs that they had to pull aside but $0 was a great price.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.