Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer (Thread 5)

Eugene, OR

My brother in Northern CA gets chips from the tree company on a regular bases for his paths and driveway. Especially if he had to have one of his own cut down.

Our homeowners association just bought a chipper with plans to use it for the paths and cut down on what we burn. We're allowed to burn at certain times, but the permits are expensive and what a waste! Now they're thinking they should have got a more powerful one, but they were trying to save money.

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Wow, all this talk about HOA's and chippers has given me a GREAT idea for my HOA. I'm on the Landscaping Commitee and purchasing a chipper for mulch purposes is a great idea. I will be bringing this one up at the next meeting :o) Oh, the ideas I find here on Dave's are endless!! ;o)

PS... Marion- Your AGS made it on the Honor Club for the first week of school!!! whoo hoo!!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Give him a big hug 'lissa.

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

I just called him in the room and he gave me a BIG hug back to you ;o)

Today Lindgernot walked around the yard surveying all the mes uh debris. He wasn't to thrilled when I asked him to jump on the trash pile so it wouldn't get to high. He did try however.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

He did venture off to have a chat with Granddaddy Frog. Just couldn't figure out how he could be so relaxed with all the mess around him. Granddaddy just smiled and continued relaxing.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

He was fascinated with the Resurrection Fern

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

.....and the Dancing Lady Ginger

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Mosquitos started getting really bad so he asked very politely if we could return to the indoors for now.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

So glad Lingernot made it to your house without any problems!
Love the frog and I too am interested in that fern. I haven't ever seen that ginger, that is so beautiful. Does it grow enough to share? I have the white butterfly ginger and it grows leaps and bounds every year.

Funny thing Sheila, I had that ginger for about 5 years in the ground while living in Gainesville. It did so-so but when I moved I rapidly dug it up at the last minute (actually where I thought it was growing as it had died down) through the clump in that planter and forgot about it until last year. It came up and produced more blooms than all the years I had it in Gainesville. It has really outdone itself this year. It is growing and getting thicker so hopefully I will be able to divide and share. Keep reminding me.

I was sent some butterfly ginger a while back and have it planted. So far it seems to like where I have it--sure hope so as I love it. Also have peacock ginger but the squirrel have relocated many of the plants for me.

The resurrection fern is a large chuck of tree bark that fell off a tree at my son's home. He bought it to me to see if I wanted to do something with it. I propped it against that tree and actually overlooked it for a while. Next thing I knew it has spread onto the tree itself and especially after a rain it is so refreshing. No rain and it appears to be a dead bunch of leaves. Just have to learn to leave it be for sure.

Lingernot did a tour for awhile today but the humidity keep fogging up the camera lense. Hope you can see his adventures.

He wanted to see my Kimberly fern container with some volunteer flowers for sure.

This message was edited Sep 8, 2008 10:48 PM

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

He had a hard time deciding about this little feller hair. Totally baffled him.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Hopefully tomorrow we won't have trouble with the camera getting foggy. He has a full day planned tomorrow so you will have to check back.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

The hairy one is a strange looking dude!!
Try a hairdryer on your camera, that is what helped a lot in the humid butterfly exhibits.

Eugene, OR

Love that little hairy guy!!

The foggy lens does give a nice effect though. Makes it look a little eerie. What an idea for creepy Halloween pics!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Cool hairy dude!!

Thanks for the tip about the hairdrier. I couldn't believe everytime I cleaned it that it would fog over again. Humm maybe on to something here with the Halloween picture idea.

Well Lindgernot had a very strange request last night and after much consideration I decided why not. Just wait until tonight to see what he wanted to do today. Hope Dad or Mom doesn't mind but he seemed so earnest with his request.

Stay tuned........

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Hmmm, what could that little fella want now?

Oh I think you might be shocked--then again maybe not!!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Marion- Lingernot looks like he is having a blast visiting your garden and home. I actually like the foggy look.....kinda eerie, as though a "wicked" mist was rolling through because of the "hairy" looking creature he was visiting!!! good touch either way ;o)

Well he sure hasn't been able to see a lot of nice plants thanks in part to the Wicked Fay but I am trying to show him what is left. Geez, maybe I will have to "fog" the lense more often for a different look. LOL

Will be posting some of today's adventures a little later this evening.

Hi, I am Abbisgranma's daughter, La Profesora. As I was grading my papers last night Lingernot joined me and was curious as to what I was doing. I carefully explained I am a teacher of Spanish at Bainbridge High School in Georgia and that I was grading my student's papers. The more we talked the more interested he became so I asked Mom if it would be okay for him to visit my class.

This is one of my students chatting with Lingernot.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

He was very good in class and the girls really loved him. I think he did manage to learn a couple of words in Spanish. That's more than my Mom knows and she even took Spanish in high school and college!!

We really enjoyed having him visit us while on his travels.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma
Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Cute kids.

I can't believe I missed that whole last thread. I just caught up on the saga and I gotta say that you all were hilarious in your search for Staynot.!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

You have been busy with the butterflies Mrs. Ed! LOL!

Loved seeing all of the smiling faces of the kids. They must have been told they would be on a website that was world wide!!! LOL!

LOL!!!!

Eugene, OR

Oh, what a fantastic idea. Lingernot on a cultural mission!!! And to think it was his own idea! Wonderful looking class and so kind to a visiting stranger.

But it is embarassing!! He now knows some Spanish and I don't. DD was telling me this morning that the class Lingernot visited is the advance class and they want to get a "Lingernot" to send to other Spanish classes to compare notes. Even hope to get in touch with some Spanish speaking countries. This may have starting something, who knows.

We managed to work in the yard some more today. Wouldn't you kown it more rain and limbs coming down. Lingernot keep disappearing and hiding occasionally but I did find him.

He likes the Persian Shield --tall enough to get under

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Found one of my gnomes, Nappy, asleep as usual. Tried to start a conversation but with no luck. So he just looked at the coleus--well what Fay didn't beat down.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Went to visit Ms. Ladybug brick and look at the Foxtail fern. He is fast and hard to keep up with at times.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Back to the coleus--fascinated with the contractor's wheelbarrow. Said he could build an entire village there if I would remove the plants. Cheeky little devil!!

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Checking out some other plants. For short little legs he sure can run fast.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

This really confused him. He had never seen a limequat tree before. I told him that was definitely what it was and they make really good pies!!

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Tomorrow I have to travel to Gainesville for a planning committee meeting for a Spring Garden Festival at Kanapaha Botanical Gardens. He wants to come and help us but we need to check with his parentals first. If so, we will return on Friday and he will continue his travels. Let us know soon if it will be okay.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well cool adventures for Lingernot visiting many cool plants and foggy sleepy friends. Glad to see everything wasn't too hurt by the storm abbisgranma. Looking luvly. I wish I got to visit a limequat tree!

Eugene, OR

I wish I could taste a limequat pie!

He sure is a busy little guy, I'll have to remember that when he visits me.

Me too :p

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hey abbisgranma! Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday abbisgranmaaaaaa.....Happy Birthday to you!

Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!

Hope you have a great day with Lingernot!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.