Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer (Thread 5)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Sally, it's still tobacco country here and I can assure you, Lingernot will not pick up smoking. His tastebuds might be challenged with the vinegar base bbq, NC is famous for, but no m'am..no ciggies.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Funny how there are dry counties but no smokeless counties.

Eugene, OR

I'd vote for that!!

Oh, yummmm vinegar base bbq, sounds goooood to me.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Sounds like Lingernot will be getting heavier in NC!! Good thing they offer flat rate packages!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I really enjoyed that vinegar based bbq that I tried this summer in NC. It was a whole new kind of bbq for me, but just as enjoyable. I also had a thing called Brunswick Stew that I really liked.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Lingernot does love his food but I did try to keep him on a diet because of the postage. I did relent and let him have 2 slices of my birthday cakes. 2 slices of each cake but then he would do a lots of walking to work off the calories.

Should be arriving in time for bar b que tonight in North Carolina.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Marion, did Lingernot bring some slices for Kel and I?? Especially if it's lemon.
Unfortunately, we're not fans of their bbq style here. Prefer Memphis style or good Texas style bbq brisket. Brunswick stew, I learnt, the origins are claimed by 3 states! So the recipes are somewhat different too here.
But Lingernot, I assure you won't be starving. Temps have fallen a little, so being the Asian Cajun that I am, might just cook a good pot of seafood gumbo (no lobster, for Marion). Wish I could find some of that crawfish that Jojo had..
Hmm.. will Lingernot walk off the extra pounds he's bound to accumulate.. or do I have to get a bigger box by the time he leaves here... :D

Sorry there wasn't any of either cake left. I had to get a bigger box for sure to put Lingernot into for his travels. BTW he is bring some friends with him, hoping they will find a home along the way. Hope you didn't mind, Jaye. They insisted on going too to keep Lingernot company.

Pass the gumbo please!!!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yes please for gumbo!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

You are so thoughtful Marion. He won't be lonesome in his carriage. How fun is it singing by oneself.. did you pack some poker chips too?
I know Marion likes hers mild.. how about you Dahlia. a little tabasco?

Hmm.. you think he'd appreciate Baron Chris after befriending your ferns, Marion?

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

mmmmmmmm spicey cajun gumbo mmmmmmmm When I visited Louisiana I had to leave a bit early or I wouldn't have been able to fit into my car ^_^ Also luv the fabby southern ice tea.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lolol... Louisiana's the reason, I went from a single digit size, to a double!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

(Did you notice that restrained from drooling over your luvly dahlia pic ^_^ There hasn't been a thread created that I can't hyjack onto dahlias so I'm trying to be good ^_^ pssssst it's very prettiful.)

Oh my Jaye, he will love the dahlia!! Who wouldn't? He really is very appreciative of gardens and was most understanding regarding the mess here from Fay. A gentlemen for sure--well with the exception of his last night but poor feller was lead astray by the no gooder that slipped in after I went to bed.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well Marion, he'll certainly meet a fine family here. They'll put on their best behaviour and will even share that vintage mushroom with him.

Dahlianut!!!! Of course, you'll be naturally drawn to your namesake!!I'm afraid I don't pinch off extra buds, to let others bloom bigger.. my mama always say, give 'em a chance to show off ;)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

It's all good with dahlias heavenscape. There's no rules LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Aunties, uncle and Mama Sheila... Lingernot's here! Him and his companions were more than relieved to be out of that coach!
As soon as I regain posession of our camera, I'll post pics.
It will be an excursion to the doctor's office first thing tomorrow, just to make sure there are no lingering effects from that 'hellraising' on his last night with that no gooder at your place, Marion.

I am so glad you are having him checked out Jaye. The no gooder showed up again on the deck late this afternoon but hid when I got the camera. Just wanted everyone to see what a deadbeat, scuzzy low life he is to come in and temp poor Lingernot.
I know he is in a good wonderful home now. May have to call the sheriff to get rid of this uninvited guest lurking outside.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

sis, you got tater salad to go with that gumbo?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hi Sis.. of course 'tater salad just for you. Even will put some boiled eggs in the gumbo;)

"Bienvenue Lingernot" Papa Oskar de Gneaux'm greets Lingernot first thing this morning, after he woke up from his rest.
Of course, Lingernot, wants to make sure he's able to see what Papa's seeing... (I think he just want to be as tall as Papa)

This message was edited Sep 18, 2008 9:16 PM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Since this is the aroid forum.. Lingernot wants to make sure I am a 'bonafide' member.
But of course, he must pay his respect to great ole USA.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Oh thank goodness, he looks like he is over his night of inforgiveable behavior. Hope the fellow travelers were messed up.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lingernot insists that Kel lifts him up, so he can get a better view of the giant EE.
So up on the fence, he stands..

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Oh my at the size of those!!! What type and will they grow here?

Guess I had better clarify--the elephant ears not Kel!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Fellow travellers are still snoozing! Better they rest still, cause the pool's not ready for them Marion.

Then he was hauled to the vet to be checked up to make sure he's truly 100% unafflicted ;) Why the vet? He's much cheaper, and used to treating folks his size, moreover we had to bring the kitties for their booster shots.

Lingernot is standing in front of their carriers, assuring them that he "got them covered". Little did he know they are wondering why he's not fuzzy and have no tail!!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lolol Marion!!! Maybe Lari Ann can clarify. They were mislabelled when we got them. Yes aren't the leaves beautiful? Would make nice stepping stones!

Lingernot's amazed at the products just for the new furry friends that the Humans got to get to keep them healthy.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Marion, you should have no problem growing them there.
Well, we don't want to be known as inhospitable Humans, so Lingernot had breakfast at Kel's favorite hole in the wall restaurant.
We definitely made sure he got cholestrol free food ;)

Thumbnail by heavenscape
scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes, he's got a bit of a "pot belly" Our dear Lingernot needs to eat more healthy food and watch his cholesterol!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Beth, are you his human Mama? Got to stop arguing with Lingernot, he's been sayin' you're his Mama!

Oh, I suppose I am!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well Lingernot's Mama, I must say he's a very well mannered fella.
You needn't worry if he'd been influenced by Marion's ruffian. I promise to take good care of him.

His twin brother is here at home with me. He's the one with the flowers and no axe. He misses his big brother something awful!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Well, I sent Slipperman a snail mail letter asking about Staynot. Lets hope he returns my letter.

Oh Beth, he was a really good little gentlemen here. I had no idea the "ruffian" as Jaye puts it was even in this part of the world. I am not even sure who he is related to or how he knew Lingernot was having a little get together with his friends here. You can only imagine how horrified I was when I found Lingernot a little on the "tipsy" hangover side. I wasn't even Baileys SO I know it was found here. Ruffian must have brought it in for sure. So sorry he went astray!! I tried.

I won't tell his brother about his little slip up!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Aww Shadow.. we hope Staynot is safe and will be reunited with you pretty soon.

We treated Lingernot to a nice Mexican dinner tonight. Look at Kel, already making sure Lingernot is eating his veges!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Mama Beth and Tante Marion, like I promise, he's not touching anything stronger than H2O.
Lingernot was so taken by the Mariachi band, that he perched on this fella's guitar hoping they might take him along for their next gig.

No way Jose'!!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

"So.. you go Ole', senor matador, before or after?" Lingernot asked the matador.
Don't get no ideas now Lingernot, I told him that's bull if he's thinking of joining the matadors!!
And there are no capes small enough for him :D

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, time for bed. He said his prayers, and wished too his twin's here with him. What a good fella he is...Lingernot, still wanted to say Bonne Nuit to his Mama Beth.
We got so tickled when he insisted on sleeping with his axe just in case that ruffian makes his way here from Havana, not Cuba, Florida!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.