Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer (Thread 5)

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

What a sweet boy!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

He is indeed Kim. Gephetto would have love him.
Forgot to post the pic of him wishing he could have some of my Carnitas. Told him it's too spicy.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

I'm with him I want some too!!! love spicy food : P Jaye you sure are a cutie!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

That's because you are my Sweet One! Lolol!!
Don't feel that way all the time, Kim. Just thank God that I'm still here!

Me too Jaye!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Jaye, that is a yummy looking plate you have but I really like the fajitias that Kel has, I love Mexican food!!
In your first pic where Papa was greeting Lingernot; it looks like he was going to chop those small pieces into firewood. LOL!
Love the large EEs too! I was given some by a friend here a couple months ago. They are doing fine, but I can't wait until next year when they grow big.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Sheila, did you notice the unicorn at the lower end of the 1st. pic. That's a mystery how it shows up, guess the faery world let out the word that Lingernot's coming.
Don't think Lingernot will be working much here. Papa Oskar sez guests are guests.. and should be treated as such. So, no wood chopping.
I had those EEs overwintering in Kel's shop last year. But this year, they'll remain in the ground. Too huge to be rolling around!!
So we'll see if they'll make it.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I missed the unicorn, thanks for pointing that out. News does travel fast in their world.
The EEs should do fine, ours here do. I have an over abundance of one common variety to share at every swap.
Lingernot looks very comfy in bed. Guess I need to hit the sack too.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh Lingernot didn't tell us he like carnitas!! So does DD and she certainly would have shared them with him.

Beautiful lady with Lingernot!

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

He looks so cute tucked into bed like that! Is everyone remembering to sign the bottom so we know where he has travelled to?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I added Fort Worth to it.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, we couldn't gallivant outside as it's too windy and I'm hit with sinusitus.
But will post his indoor activities later.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Take care of yourself, and let Lingernot wait on you if you need something. He loved to help me out when he visited.

Eugene, OR

Another good trait for our little traveler. How awesome.

Yes, get well, tell those winds to go away.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Somehow the faeries told the wind to stay away today.
Before we leave the house to do some shopping, Lingernot couldn't believe our peach hedychiums are as tall as the house.
Lola Belle, our furry baby was jealous and wanted to be in the picture.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Don't worry.. won't bore you with shopping pictures.
We treated Lingernot to another culture's fare. Our favorite Thai restaurant this time.
Lingernot is thinking of chopping this fried snapper curry for us.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

We're home now, bellies full, feet tired, wallet empty and laying back in our recliners, waiting for that great LSU vs Auburn game.
But not Lingernot...he's too excited to rest, so on the podium he stands, narrating his travels to some of the Gneaux'm clan.

Kids Sean and O.J are mersmerized by his tales.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Of course M'sieur Baker couldn't believe Lingernot had tasted gateau, better than his!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Then Lingernot told Merryl and Lynch, to enjoy some of that money they're saving. He said seeing the world will enrich their lives more.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lingernot trying to cheer up M'sieur Gepetto, who's busy trying to create another little boy.
Lingernot was certain that the ruffian at Marion's might be Pinocchio.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh boy, whatever he's telling Sam, sure is making Sam moves fast, with his sleeping bag rolled up at his side...ready

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Who taught Lingernot the art of flirting?
He sure knows how to make these soeurs (sisters) Comfort and Joy giggle and smile a lot.. Haven't seen them having this much fun since they join the clan.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Here the matriach of the family...Maman Hattie Gneaux'm. She did warn him that if he's telling tall tales, she won't hesitate to sweep him clean!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Delightful clan members you have there Jaye!! Love the sisters for sure. That Lola Belle is deserving of a photo shot! Love your peach Ginger, is it the 'Peach Delight'? If it is you need to post a picture of the height of them on plant files there are only three photos of it. It looks a lot like my White butterfly ginger; they are very tall too this year.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Sheila, that is Peach Hedychium, which I got from Stokes Tropicals more than 10 years ago in Louisiana.
I dug out a few rhizomes when I moved here, and they did better here!! Been here since 2002.
All my other hedychiums are much shorter. The shortest being the white ones or hedychium coronarium.
I've shared the Peach with so many on DG here.
Lingernot is learning to say "Geaux Tigers" !!!

Is the whole clan watching the game???

Well they are certainly beautiful Jaye. Shucks, I didn't teach him the Seminole chop or the war chant.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Why of course Kim!!
Don't look too good for LSU now.. but there's still time!
Marion, Lingernot says he still thinks you're liking the wrong colors!!

But of course he would say that, he is at your house!! LOL Nope garnet and gold, the right colors. Never did learn to like the orange and blue--just agitated me!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lingernot comforting Beignet and his sister Praline over their team's performance.
Rimau, (Tiger in Indonesian) their mascot, feeling the pain, sprawled behind them.

Marion, thank God you don't feel that way about Purple and Yellow

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Nope, haven't lived with it daily for 35 years!!! One can only see so much orange before they eyes get blurry.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Heavenscape,

Les noms de votre petits amis sont tres Francais....comme beignet, praline, etc. Vous etes Francaise ? Ou peut-etre vous parlez Francais ? Je m'excuse...je ne trouve pas comment faire les accents pour les lettres!

Claire

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Claire, yes they have French names, actually Cajun French, a patois/dialect as you probably know.
Nope, I'm not French. Born in Singapore!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I had to use Babblefish.com to translate your message! LOL!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Learning something new there Sheila.
Have this habit of peppering my speech with Cajun. Lived too long in Louisiana!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Fascinating - I don't know any Cajun French, but fun to see that some of it is the same as the French that I am familiar with! Sorry Sheila - didn't mean to leave you out!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lingernot has certainly brought good luck to this house!!
The clan's team, LSU is ahead..

This message was edited Sep 20, 2008 10:15 PM

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I lived down in Venice below New Orleans; for about a year,when I was married my first husband. I got to talking a little that way myself! That was a pretty depressing place, except for the Cajun food. It was right after hurricane Betsy if I remember her name. Nothing there but trailer houses to rent, rain everyday. There is still some of his family that keeps rebuilding down there, can't see why.

Not a problem CMoxon...just curious and remembered the site. LOL!

This message was edited Sep 20, 2008 9:18 PM

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, CMoxon, the reason for the similarity, is because the Cajuns were originally from Nova Scotia, Canada. A French colony that chose to leave the country to practise their religion. They brought along with them their old ways and that include speech.
I have a sister that lives in Nice, France and she and her husband love Louisiana on account of the French culture.
Sheila, I was living in Breaux Bridge, (hardcore Cajuns) and I love the people and their way of life. New Orleans is more Creole.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Heavenscape - Yes, I am from Nova Scotia myself. I have lived in Iowa for 6 years, but I am Canadian, and grew up in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I have visited many of the Cajun sites, particularly in the Annapolis Valley area and along the coast. I miss Nova Scotia a lot - no ocean here in Iowa. I will have to visit Louisiana one of these days!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.