The FLOWERPOT Cafe' X11

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well I went lookin for Cissy and now can't remember where we left her LOL! ANy help appreciated - headed to the beach in the morn so sure would like to find her soon!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday Cissy, made this for you in my finest crystal!

Thumbnail by haighr
london England, United Kingdom

Thanks Candee! sounds like you had fun swimming, hope you have some energy left!
I wonder if anyone will turn up? maybe Cissy went out for her Birthday already LoL!
Have you seen Steven? there's no lights on, don't want him to miss another party.
Zanyhair is working, not sure if MizzSquash has turned up yet.
Melonie is busy tonight, I'm looking through the books to find some entertainment!!!

It's getting late here!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by terriculture

Oh Candee, thats so pretty, I'm sure Cissy will love it. Last time I saw her she was gardening at the adorable puppy thread!

Lurkers Welcome!!!!!!!!

(Cissy) San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Holy garden flowers! This is spectacular!! I've been in my garden trying to decide what to do with a ton of old bricks we picked up at a friends house. I want to make huge planter of sorts.

I can't believe this party!!! Para me???? Terri and Haighr (Candee) Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!! This is awesome! I am touched ladies (no, not in the head...yet) that you got this party going on. Thank you thank you thank you. Means a lot to me!!! ♫♫♪♪♫-.:::whistling a tune:::
Amazzzinnggggg! ::curtsy::

Thank you so much!
Cissy :D

Yay! Happy Birthday Cissy, Welcome to the Flowerpot cafe.
Have you had a nice Birthday? Here's some chocolates for you, would you like a drink?

Cheers Cissy!

Zanyhair (our night waitress) will be here to look after everyone all night!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Happy birthday Cissy. Sorry no partying for me last night, we finally got some much needed rain and a whole lot of thunder. Getting ready to see what gonan happen with that storm coming into Flordia and where it gonan hit and if we gonan get some of its effects too.

Looking out the back door and amazing how a little rain cna make things pert up and look a bit green again. Hope we get some more, might have a few fall flowers after all.

Beautiful piece of crystal.

Picked me up a small plastic dish with a piece of foam in it. Now just got to find somethign to arrange in it.

Had fun poppin' all the balloons this morning!

Humansville, MO

hi
here a brithday basket it got honeysuckle sence
have a happy brithday
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh
(Cissy) San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Starlight, thank you! Terri, you are a cutie as usual. Elle, what a lovely gift and a great idea too! I love it! Yesterday, my friends and I went to the state fair. We spent the entire day with the animals. I never saw so many pig, goats and cows in my life. We even watched the cow/bull judging for the "future farmers of america" and the 4-H'ers. Wonderful time :D

(Zone 6a)

Oh, man! I decide to have a quiet weekend at home and completely miss another party!!! And that pie!!!!! Gosh, it looks SOOO good!
Is there anything being planned for this weekend?? My nephew is probably coming to visit again, said he could come before school starts. This time it'll probably be for 3 nights.....he really enjoys it so thats whats important, but I get tired thinking about it ;P

Maybe nextweek we could have a drinks and fireworks night out on the cafe patio? what does everyone think?

Steven

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I love fireworks!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Looks like another great time, we do know how to have a party at the cafe. Steven, I know what you mean about tired, seems to come earlier every year for me. We were at the beach with the granddaughters and I am pooped. Now this coming weekend it is back up to the cabin to mow and who knows what else. Always something. Tim, Amy and Eva will be stopping back to spend tomorrow evening as a layover from the beach trip, they will head to the cabin Friday and then on home to Ohio.

Elle you make a fine birthday basket.

(Zone 6a)

Terri's photo ~ http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=5424872 ~ gave me the idea for fireworks, so we should see what else we can come up with :)
We still have to set it up with my nephew fir the weekend.......haven't called yet....but he doesn't require alot of entertaining so that makes it easier.

Steven

Candy fireworks, even better.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Whatever you want to do, - not sure I can attend had an unexpected event that have to manage.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I made a snack to share at DG, so I'm doing the rounds. Help yourself and then pass it on. I've got visitors arriving any moment, so can't stay. Hi all, I'll check in again soon.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Very nice, should hit the spot and go down easy.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Yummy snacks, Sue.

Terri - great job with the decorations.
Cissy - sorry I missed your party. Happy belated birthday. I have not gone to the state fair in about 10 years, ever since the kids got older and prefer going out with their friends. I don't think we have met, though we live in the same neck of the woods. Stop by the cafe again and we can exchange CA gardening stories while eating these here peach parfaits - a new cafe menu item and large enough to feed a crowd.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
(Zone 6a)

Candy, flowers, tissue paper, whatever we can think of to make fireworks. And lets not forget drinks ;) We could set a date for sometime nextweek maybe so everyone can attend? :)

Sue, thanks for the snack! Cheese and crackers are 2 of my favorite foods! :)

Steven

Hi everyone,
Nice to see new items on the menu, lovely basket elle!
Fireworks sound like fun, a chance to be creative with what we've got.

I too, have something unexpected to deal with over here.
keep up the great ideas for the cafe and I'll see you all soon.

Take care of our birdie when the fireworks begin!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sue, thanks for the "spread" no pun intended LOL. Hope there is enough for your company cause we appear to be a hungry bunch in here.
Dianne those peach parfaits are a welcome addition to the menu at the cafe. Must admit the regular menu was getting a bit borish.
Steven, fireworks display sounds like a great idea, I'll try to "burst" in with something upon our return from the cabin.
Terri, I should have known you had something cooking in that head of yours when you saw my birdcage. Another superb idea and now we have another chatterbox in the cafe. Do we have a name for our feathered friend or shall we work on picking one?

Humansville, MO

sweet pea
elle

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Terri - don't know how you keep on coming up with such nifty creations. Where did you manage to fine an ear of corn that is short and stubby like that?

Elle - sweet pea would be a nice name.

(Zone 6a)

Candee, My nephew is set to come Monday to Wednesday of next week so I'm going to try and get him crafting to see if we can end up with something that looks like fireworks :)

Elle, I think sweet pea is a good name too!

Steven

Humansville, MO

i hope they call it that
elle

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Morning everybody!

Just popping in to sy Hi quick while the storm has a break in it. Faye been here since friday and she not being a lady and she let up for a little bit, but now she on her way back here in a couple of hours and can't be on puter cuz of the power outages on and off, it keeps blowing my puter parts.

Hope ya all have good days and will be back when Faye moves out in a coupel of days. Have gone from drought to flooding. Fun.. Fun.. Fun.. ( not)

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I vote for Sweet Pea, good name Elle.
Well put Dianne I don't know how she does it as well. Ingenious ideas all the time.
Star so sorry to hear of your wash out! Hope you fare well and don't get too bogged down.
Steven, sounds like a great project. I am working on an idea for one as well.

Humansville, MO

thank all
well we going to do some more canning
i am trying to get together all the thing i going to sell at the festival
bear,candle,and flower arrandment
hope it go
elle
sunny here hope every one have a bless day

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I've been putting up peach pies elle, getting ready for the colder temps we are. Good luck at the festival, bet that puppy would sell at the festival? Are you taking one as well.

Hi everyone,
So glad you like our birdie and Sweet Pea is a good name for him/ her? maybe she will have baby birdies one day.
Candee, I was inspired by your birdcage to make one!
Funny Dianne, the stubby bit of corn was growing and I knocked it off by accident when weeding! I didn't have the heart to throw it away.... it came in handy for Sweet pea. What date are you going on holiday? bet you are getting excited about it now.
Star, What a year you are having, stay safe!
Steven, what is your nephews name? Looking forward to seeing your creations!
elle, when is the festival? good luck with the sales.
My sunflowers are still blooming, here's a fresh pot. hello lurkers!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I knew you would come up with something when you mentioned the bird cage on the other thread - very cool! Sure have a lot of yellow your way, it really brightens the day!

Thanks Candee, My flowers are coming to an end sad to say, luckily the sunflowers are still going!! looking forward to seeing your 'idea' that you are working on, wonder what it could be?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sad to say the same here Terri, wont be long and I'll be shoveling snow! Put a couple peach pies in the freezer yesterday, still working on putting up green beans, etc. Disappointed in our tomatos this year as they must have been marked wrong and they are yellow tomatoes, just not right. We do have some romas that we are freezing for sauces though. Ah the end of the season is coming and so much to do. I have cannas coming up all over but not a single bloom and it will soon be time to pull them!

Same here with the tomatoes, so disapointing and only 1 truss on each plant this year, weird!!
Love Cannas, wonder if Yardqueen, ' Queen of Cannas ' had any flowers? Yardqueen are you there??

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I have some beautiful foliage on the cannas, but that is it.

Would love to have some big canna leaves to manipulate, lucky you!! also great for covering oasis or wiring.

(Zone 6a)

Candee, how's your project coming so far???

Terri, My nephews name is Connor, he's playing videogames now......I've been told he dreams about them when he sleeps :)
I love your sunflowers!!! I still have a few flowers outside but most of my perennials were transplanted this years so I'm just trying to get them established. The delphs tried to make a few more blooms but I've been picking then off to keep the plants stronger for their first winter here.

Heres a picture of my new extended perennial bed. Alot of the plants in the pic are funny colours from the record smashing amounts of rain we've had this summer. This is actualy the first week all summer where we've had mostly sun and NO rain! Fortunatly since it's stoped raining alot of the plants are starting to turn green again! yay!

Steven

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.