Christi's thread.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha everyone,

I wanted to start a thread for Christi so that she knows how much she is loved, and that we are all rooting for her on the 12th - the day of her serious back surgery.

Christi, can I call Mike a couple of days after the surgery to see how you are doing? I am sure we would all like an update and I know you will be too groggy to be on the computer!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers in the up coming days...

We love you.

Jen

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Me too....want to know. I know she will not be sitting down to be on the computer for a LONG time!!!
Carol

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes,please keep us updated,we all love our Chrisit,AKA LOU C.

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

Thoughts and prayers being sent skyward for you Christi! Hope you'll soon be able to brag about how well you're doing.

Mary

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Goodness, my own thread??? Pretty anxious today. One day I am for it and the next I am not. However, the constant pain and the life that has left me in the dirt...no choice. Thanks to everyone of you.

Christi

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Ahhhh Christi...you won't be away from the puter very long...I wasn't. It's not going to be nearly as bad as you think...take my word for it!
I been there! You will do fine...and we will all be rooting you along! Did he tell you how long you would be in a brace?

West Bay, Cayman Islands(Zone 11)

Christi,

The longer you fart around healing the longer you will be kept out of the snorkel pool here in Cayman! You know where you are in our hearts!!! No worries kid!

j

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll be up to wait on you.
xxxoo

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Soo you will be a healthier happier you with renewed strenth!!!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Remember...we are here and we really care and you will be JUST FINE! You are a strong woman, you have a good balanced life and this is just something you gotta do to enjoy this one life!!! Believe me...being able to walk around and do things without pain is a novelty and one worth keeping!!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Amen Aloha!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hi everyone! Christi darlin, I have been away with my granddaughter on a medical trip to Hono - so just saw this thread. So glad that Jen started it for you! You know you are in my thoughts always, but putting it down in black and white will just add to the power of the thoughts. You are going to be hard to stop when this is all over and done with! You were pretty hard to stop before! Big hugs and warm wishes from far away Kwaj!

Yokwe my friend,
Shari

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

oooow weeee! I feel special already. What a lucky girl I am to have such a caring group of friends!

I'm aware that many of you have been through similar or worse situations and don't want it to sound as though I am the only one. Good to know we are all together no matter the circumstances.

God bless each of you.

Christi

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Christi, Gail joins me in wishing you the best possible outcome for that operation you are facing. Everything will be all right. Please keep us posted. You're in our prayers.

Sylvain.

Christi, let me say I'm right along with everyone saying you'll do fine, and be so glad you did go through with it!

If your garden suffers, we can just set you up anew with cacti and succulents. They are fun and have gorgeoous flowers.

Love you!

Molamola (aka Melissa)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just to round out my day....will be having our 16 year old Westie put down this evening. She bit me really bad last Friday night. Bit Mike about 10 days ago. She sleeps, eat and bites. Obvious she is not the loving pet we have had all these years and she is in some sort of pain. Having filled out Advance Directives for myself, feel it is only fair to finally make this horrendous decision for her.

Our heart goes out to you. We had to put down our mix-breed Lhazza Hapso at the ripe old age of 16 1/2 after her kidneys failed.

Dementia is not restricted to people alone in old age. A major change in demeanour and personality could be changed by something like that. It's a hard decision, but it's for the best. But hey, you already know that, don't you? Be strong and don't let that influence YOUR big event tomorrow.

Take care.
Sylvain.

Oh Christi, I am so sorry about Hannah, it's a heart wrenching decision to have to make - time is getting close for both my dogs too, and I hope I can be as brave and as unselfish as you are and let them go when the time is right... After today she will be running free and without pain, just in another dimension.

My thoughts are with both you and Mike,

Love you both. ^_^

J

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

So sorry to hear that Christi. I had a cocker spaniel I was very close to, and had for fifteen years. She died in my arms at 4 am one night.
It's hard.
I wanted to wish you the best of luck tomorrow. I will be thinking about you. I know you will do fine.
Marcy

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

She has been biting for two years. Recently it has escalated. We have talked it to death, always agreeing that it would be the best choice. Just couldn't let go. This bite is serious. Thought I would ask the surgeon to take look AFTER THE ANESTHESIOLOGIST has done his thing. very ugly looking and super sore

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Yikes...hard decision but it sounds as if Hannah isn't happy either. We are given such responsability when we take on pets!!!

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

I've been "away" for so long, that I have too much to catch up with!
Christi, I wish you a good surgery day tomorrow and speedy recovery! I'll pray that all goes fast and according to plan, so you'll be soon healthy and able to tend to and enjoy your gardens! All the good wishes and thoughts for you!
BHM, thanks for starting this thread, and please keep everyone updated about Christi.
Alexandra

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Alex. The friends I have here on Dave's are the very best in the world. Just so you all know....my phone has been ringing off the wall with friends and family. I have many loving friends and it makes life worth living.

Now I just have to "git er done" and get back to having a good time.

Dr.'s office called and they have postponed another 2 hours. yuck. I am READY, PEOPLE!!!! Now it is 10:45 at the hospital and possibly, just possibly by 1:00 PM.

Jen, the dvd is marvelous. We are really enjoying it.

mulege, Mexico

Hi Christi, Just want to add my good wishes for a succesful operation and a speedy recovery. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Looking forward to having you back on the puter soon.

love, katie

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Christi, your are in our prayers, Sweetie! Will be waiting for a "Good Report!"

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Christi, I am thinking of you and praying for a smooth successful surgery today. May there be no after pain and a quick recovery! Lots of luck, good wishes and hugs!

Aloha Everyone!

Wonderful news!

Mike, Christi's DH, just called me. Christi has made it through surgery and the doctors have said that the operation was a success! She lost very little blood, and Mike said that they are talking about her coming home on Friday or Saturday!

I asked him to give Christi our love when she is round from the anesthetic...

Whoo - Hoo!!! ^_^

mulege, Mexico

Great news.

kb

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Fantastic!!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Terrific news!!! Mine was less than 3 months ago and I remember those first days like yesterday...and she will be fine!!! Thanks for giving us the news, Jenny...you ARE a dear. She is a great little trooper....

Carol

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Just Wonderful!!!!!

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

i have confidence that everything went fine and you will be back gardening sooner than you expect.
cass

Thumbnail by candela
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

That is wonderful news!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Praise the Lord! Our prayers were answered! We love you Christi and Mike!
Get well soon!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

That's great to hear!!!

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

Wonderful news! There's no stopping her now!

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Well done, docs! Great patient Christi, we all love you and we are waiting for your return home, healthy and happy!
Thank you, Jen and Mike, for bringing the good news to us all!
Alexandra

The thanks go to Mike who took the time to call as soon as the surgeon came out of the OR and spoke to him. He said that he intended to spend the night with Christi at the hospital. I can only imagine how very tired and frazzled he must be, I think it's almost worst to be the one waiting....

Thanks again, Mike, it meant a lot to us all for you to take the time to make that call.

XXX

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

What a relief to know things are going so good. Thanks Braveheartsmom.

Thanks, BHM for this wonderful news. I'm doing the happy dance in Delray Beach this morning.

Sylvain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.