Christi's thread.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

lol, Sylvain. maybe they have a reason for the kite's ban, i can think of one. i almost hit someone in the head by accident while trying to do some tricks, it was a close call! maybe they are afraid inexperienced flyers will hurt other people, but i do tend to agree with you. it is ridiculous! :-)
hello, princess Kilikina!! i am so glad you are enjoying your trip. i have heard a bit about Katrina, read a fiction novel about it by Tim Downs. i didn't realize though it was still so bad.
we had major flooding here back in 2000, and it is only now that the town has recovered. but not the ocean here. you see, what happened is this: the Limpopo river starts in South Africa, runs through Zimbabwe, and also Swaziland, i think. it runs into the ocean several kilometres from here. our neighboring countries received a lot of rain, and opened their flood gates. and where did the water go? right here! more than half our town was covered, and so many people died. due to the flooding, a lot of mud from the river destroyed the ocean life. fishing is bad around here. after the flood there was hardly anything left. it has been coming back very slowly, but the locals catch everything. what maddens me the most is when they strip off all the coral, we have so little! thankfully the government has been stricter lately, though i think it will be years before the ocean life returns to what it was before.
Isaac

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Our planet is in trouble, Isaac. Some from nature and a lot from mankind. Our news does not often cover the catastrophes you have to endure. Where do you get support for your
mission?

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Hi Sylvain,
sorry it took me so long to respond. our study has been under a bit of construction, still not quite done, some painting left. but its good enough to move back in a bit!
yes, mankind has caused a lot of trouble for our planet.
we are nonprofessional missionaries, meaning we work part time and do missionary work part time. My father used to own a sawmill and construction business. but he sold both, because they took up all our time, and didn't leave any for our calling. we sold the sawmill in January, and have been taking a rest until now. my parents have been praying a lot, asking God to lead them in His will. it looks like we are going to start an egg business now, still finding out about the particulars. but we believe its the direction the Lord is showing us.
my sister is the only one who is full-time in missions.
if you have any more questions, please do feel free to ask.
Isaac

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

After spending a week now on the Gulf of Mexico I am more disappointed in mankind than ever. The garbage that washes up on shore everyday is disgusting. If I lived here I would be constantly picking up trash which would be a fulltime, lifetime job. Starting home in the morning and I am past ready.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Vacations please the traveler twice: once when you get there and once when you come back home. Have a safe return, PK.

Sylvain.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

To finish off this week, we are going to Emiril Legasses' Fish House tonight. One last decadent meal.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Christi...I'm sorry that you are leaving with a bad taste in your mouth, but I hope you enjoy that last decadent meal, and that the good times outweigh the bad. It will be nice to get home though, I am sure.

Aloha and yokwe to all of you,
Shari

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Apologize for sounding so gripey. The wildlife and nature are beautiful. It is just such a shame what mankind is doing to destroy it. The vintage cars now number around 8,000 and counting. What a sight to behold. Mike is going nuts wanting one. His stepdad owned a used car lot in the 50's and early 60's so Mike got to drive everything.

"No matter where we roam, there is no place like home."

PK

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Home, sweet home! you are very right Christi, home is my favorite place.
Isaac

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Packing up the car and reading the map right now. Ready to roll.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Have a nice trip. See you later and in the comfort of your home. Will you have pictures to share so we can envy you?

Sylvain.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I didn't take pictures this time. The devastation from Katrina is still so overwhelming I didn't want a record of it. These people are wonderful and beautiful and are working so hard. Has taken 4 years to even clear the debris. It has rained a lot and often. Katrina went for miles and miles up and down the coast and waaaaay inland. What the hurricane didn't get, the tornadoes that spun off did. We have greatly enjoyed the vintage cars. Must be over 8,000 all up and down the coast. 13th year of "Cruisin' the Coast". Just a coincidence that we were here at the same time. Best seafood I have ever had in my life. I shall not weigh for 3-4 weeks after I get home and that will be after a strict diet. hahaha

See ya on the curve,.....

PK

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.