Unusual Seed Swap 08 Announcement

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Guess what happened:

I went to the mail box after dark tonight & saw a bubble envelope inside. I was so excited! But when I got inside it turned out to be a package for my son. (;>( AGAIN!!!

I can't believe it!

gieten, Netherlands

mine envie
arrived today very quikley ill must say
last year it takes 3 weeks
i am very pleased with all the seeds

thank you very much

marjolein from the netherlands

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

hello Theresa, my seeds just arrived. "DH what did you buy now" he saw some dollars going out the door.
No Purchase, exciting seeds. Thanks for the silene I really wanted and the special interest. I don't understand how a totally in charge person can get so excited over some seeds but there it is. Packing was very exact and arrived safely.
Thank you for all your work.

Helene

Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

you guys are so lucky that you have mail services on weekends....they took away our weekend service I think this year =/. I'll be waiting for the mailwoman to deliver them on monday lol.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

Received my seeds today. Being my first trade I was in awe! Everyone's packaging amazed me. Very unique. I am excited to read about and grow all the seeds, a lot of them I have only seen in catalogs. This is very exciting for me. I thank all of you and Theresa, thank-you for your patience on helping me thru this first trade.

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Mine arrived today! Nothing in the mailbox but seeds. Now thats the way it should be :-) Thankyou Theresa for hosting this swap. This was awesome! And, Thankyou to every member for all the wonderful seeds, I cant wait to plant them! Now I'm off to PlantFiles to check them all out ;-) Andrea

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

That is the fun part of these seed swaps is looking up all of the seeds we have never heard of before.

Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

I am so envious of you guys.....one more day until the mailwoman comes....

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Got my seeds just now. Am so very excited.treasures for sure.Some to grow inside for this winter, The rest for next spring.

A special Thanks to Potagere for the sweet pepper and Theresa for the work she did to get these seeds to me.
Special thanks to everyone who grew the seeds i got.

Moretz, a note to let you know it'll get easier as time goes by. Someone told me that when my DH passed and it did.
Vickie

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I guess mine came yesterday. I was busy and didn't even check the mail until this morning!! What a surprise. Thank you so much for hosting this swap. The assortment of seeds was great!! Now, I'm anxious for spring to start planting!!

Deb

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

So I guess seeds can travel faster across the ocean to the Netherlands than across the country. I've come to the conclusion that there is no rhyme nor reason when it comes to how long it takes the USPS.

Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

lol @ pamsaplantin. Trades FROM the netherlands only takes about 3 days to get to canada ;). FROM Eastern/Atlantic US, takes about 1 month.

btw, anybody who receives my puya seeds in a little ziplock container with a printed label inside the ziplock: these seeds take long to germinate. Mine took about 2 months and heat will help. Sorry just forgot to add that....they're a wee bit stubborn. =)

Liz

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

I thought the same thing Pam!
I'm still waiting too. Maybe tomorrow! :)

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

No seeds have arrived here either! Of course the USPS holds mail on Saturdays and I always get a big bundle on Monday! That irrates me that they do that! Grrrr ...

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I have begun to collect some blackberry Lily seeds" Hello yellow "-to be exact some are black, but most are dark brown, but fell off that way, so--Will they be mature??
I also will have some Black eyed susan vine and a beautiful crimson vine with feathery leaves that i cannot find the name of . It is absolutely eye popping . I would love to find out the name of them also i have some houseplants and yard plants that i am learning are fairly rare. please look at my list I am in a continually processing of updating if.There are also many plant friends met during 1977 -1981 @ NC School of the Arts in Winston-Salem, NC. Great proople and if any happen to read this , please contact me my "canvas" of perform now is my flowersYou would enjpy them, I think;-))
Please contact me, now that you can thru DG.

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

The vine sounds like cypress vine to me. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/93/

This message was edited Oct 5, 2008 10:56 PM

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

Wow ,what a pile of seeds packs !!
Just like Mt.Fujiyama !

The seeds have just reached me safe and sound.
Thank you so much , Theresa et al. for all you have done.
The seeds are treasure to me and I'm sure I'll enjoy sowing them.

Thank you again.

Thumbnail by Tomtom
Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

what a cool pic Tomtom! Enjoy your treasures from around the world~

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Wow! Now I'm even more anxious to get my goodies. Again the amazing USPS to Japan faster than MI to WV. Maybe it will come today. "Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet?"

Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

lol 2 more hours for me lol. Trying to keep myself busy with winter sowing and taking out of the dahlia tubers in the meantime. Pam, I hope yours arrive today =D =D lol. I think Canada post is more amazing that USPS - they charge us up here twice the amount that you guys spend on postage for bubblers =/.

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Still waiting, sighing deeply......

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

I experience some trouble with yours tuinkabouter....Im returning it in todays mail....again....so a few more days wait for you Im afraid.
First they didnt like the envelope, then they sent me the white form, I filled it out and returned it, then they sent it back saying I needed the green form....oh the post office, they are so mean to me....

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

I just got mine!
I got a lot of things I really wanted. Thanks for the great selection and all the work, Theresa! :)
I seem to be missing the bonus items but I have a ton of really fun seeds to play with anyway.

Thanks to everyone for the great seeds!
Many Special Thanks to You, Theresa!
Danita

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

OH WOW
What a Spectacular array of wonderful seeds. And some from around the world makes them even more special. I, too seem to be missing the bonus item, but I am already overflowing with the "now where can I squeeze this one in?" syndrome. I am in shock, a good sort of kind! ;-o))

Thanks , Theresa for all your time and effort to make so many smiles all over the world.
You are a gem!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Thank you for all your hard work on this swap. I got my seeds today so I am off to look them all up. Thanks again

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 9a)

Theresa---Thank you so much. So much fun to go to the mailbox and find a fat package for me. All the seeds are exciting and I thank you so much for hosting this exchange and doing all the work involved. It will be fun to get out in the GH come Jan, Feb, March and start the seeds (most anyway) and I will be thinking of you and the names on the packs.
PS--We have a new well since 10 days ago, so there should be lots more water to around to the flower beds. Yes!!!

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Theresa - You did an awesome job with this group seed swap! I received my envie today packed with some of the very seeds I requested! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! :-)

Everything you did to make this another successful swap is VERY much appreciated! ~Becky~

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

(=>( Maybe it will come tomorrow. "Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet?"

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

poor Pam :( always a bridesmaid....or should I say always a carnation, never a rose....lol....
next time I will send yours out about a week before everyone else so you can get it at the same time as our european friends lol.
Take care garden friends....
Theresa

Pam, we suffer together!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Tuinkabouter and Pam- Thanks so much for the lovely selections you sent for this seed swap. I got several from each of you and they are great.

Theresa- Thanks for the special seeds you sent, I have always wanted them.

I got cool seed from a few other people also but these are the ones I can think of right now. Thanks everyone for your hard work gathering, packaging and sending these great seeds. I agree with Beebonnet, can't wait to get into the GH next spring with them and try them out.

Guess I will have to enlarge the garden again next year.

Dylan,

You may be in for a surprise!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

I LOVE surprises, especially from you. You have such great seeds.

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Well,

I never had the chance to send in my seeds because they mysteriously disappeared --(packed away somewhere??)

As you can see I'm down in Texas right now...

~* Robin

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

I’ve been out of town, but my seeds showed up sometime within the last couple of days. Thank you so, so much Theresa for all of your hard work! I have a little box of treasures here :-)

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

They're here!!! I've only just looked through them briefly but I'm so pleased with my package! Thank you to all participants & especially to Theresa for all your work! I've got to go now & look some of these up on PF. A great swap!

I'm so excited...my package arrived! I looked through it quickly but can't wait until I can research them all.

Thank you everyone! And thank you Theresa...you are one ORGANIZED lady! Wow!

April

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay I've just got to know, what were the surprise seeds in the bonus packs?
I thought it would be better not knowing but curiosity has gotten the best of me! :)

I got a lot of great seeds from everyone, which included Tuinkabouter, Beebe54 (I think I had about 75% of your seed list on my wish list!), Heavenscent, Tomtom, Bartjestuin, Kranomo, and Beebonnet. Special Thanks to you All!

Thanks again Theresa, this was fun!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

danita, didnt you get an envelope in there saying bonus gift? maybe the seeds just came out?

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Nope, I got the same number of packets that I sent in, plus one, and they were all seeds from the participant's lists. I didn't even think about it at first until I saw Tomtom's photo of the seeds packs. So after that, I looked all over the living room and even under the couch cushions in case they dropped somewhere before I saw them. BirdieBlue said she didn't see a bonus in her's either. Maybe some people got 2? Or there is a very happy, but sneaky, gardening postal worker? :)

You chose a lot of wonderful seeds for me though and I am VERY thankful!
Danita

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.