Staynot Gladomeer (Thread 4)

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

First Thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/859125/
Second Thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/864578/
Third Thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/871005/

Looks like were all Full on People playing, below are the rules and people involved:

You keep it for one weeks.
Must take a picture of the Gnome in your garden.
Sign a piece of paper with small note and place inside of Gnome.
Post Picture and send the little guy to the next person.

Keep in mind we should keep all address off of this forum and just between the person who has it and the person who needs it.

What do you guys think?

ps. The Gnome I will be sending likes Tropicals and other Gnomes...

Ok Here is the List:

1. Kimarj *
2. svplantingfool *
3. jojoringer *
4. Slipperman (On his way, should already be there)
5. LariAnn *
6. Sheila_FW
7. abbisgranma
8. heavenscape
9. barhea7
10. Samigal
11. ByndeweedBeth
12. Pixydish
13. BeaHive
14. sunnyg
15. Santeelady
16. Sally_OR
17. nanniepb
18 Pamgarden
19. Doe41
20. Texasbigleaves
21. CMoxon
22. jordankittyjo
23. LavinaMae
24. Mrs_Ed
25. makshi

PS. Lets try to make it to 25 people then send him home.

This message was edited Aug 8, 2008 4:31 PM

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, I'm keeping the bottles locked away from Staynot for now. If I let him have one, I'll pour it and make sure he doesn't go overboard. You know how those pirates are with their rum!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Tee hee!! : ^}

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL I didn't mean to corrupt poor Staynot, he really just had Shiner's here!!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Well I decided since I don't drink I am making hot cider with cinnamon for him.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

That lemonade that was mentioned sure sounded good! It was 100+ here again today (in the shade!).

Yeah Lemonade does sound good! Wonder what Staynot's been up to this weekend?

Eugene, OR

Hey Staynot, where are you? Now I'm thirsty for lemonade, that really does sound good.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Did anyone ever hear from Slipperman? If not I guess he will be headed here next?

Yes he Dmailed me right after I shipped Staynot out, he had been on vacation. I told him to Dmail Lari to get back on the list. So I guess he will get back on the list at some point!

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Right now Staynot is spending some time with Tip-Top, our pet squirrel. Hope to be able to get a pic or two of their time together soon. Weather is stormy out so the two are staying in today.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Glad to hear Staynot is inside. Nasty weather here also--Desoto County.

As we don't really drink at our house either, we will try not to bake anything as the smell of vanilla does me in!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Sending Staynot to him first would really help me. My DH is due to have surgery on the 6th and has a lot of testing and Dr. Appts up until that time. Plus the heat is going for a record of continous 100+ days right now!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Slipperman just contact me and is ready for little Staynot whenever he leaves the large tropicals...

LariAnn can we get some more pictures of little Staynot next to the large EE's. I would like to make a photo book of all his pictures, and just send to Slipperman when his time is up and ready for the next place.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Slipperman already dmailed me with address so that's where Staynot will be off to later this week. Weather permitting, I'll get some more pics after I get home from work today.

Isn't that always the way, you go to Florida for vacation and it rains all week LOL. Well I don't think I posted this one when Staynot was with me, but found it on my camera. Here is Staynot hiding in the row of common EEs growing by the barn path

Thumbnail by jojoringer
(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Sure wish Staynot and LariAnn would send some of that rain up aways!! Poor little guy won't get a suntan.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, I'm home and Staynot wanted to get out; a break in the weather so I took him out for a stroll around the grounds . . .
"OOOOh, so that's what orchids look like!"

Thumbnail by LariAnn
Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

"LariAnn, you've got to be kidding! This plant is not real, is it?"

Thumbnail by LariAnn
Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

"Caramba! THAT can't be a fern - they don't grow that big where I come from!!"

Thumbnail by LariAnn
Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

"WOW - I've never seen EEs like these before. I have a feeling I won't see anything like them anywhere else, either."

Thumbnail by LariAnn
Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

"Egads, is this an EE or a tree, or what? I can't even see the top!"

Thumbnail by LariAnn
Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

"Now, THIS is more me! I love it; I need some around back home!"

Thumbnail by LariAnn
Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Tip-Top offered to inspect Staynot's cap, so here is a shot while the inspection was in progress.

Thumbnail by LariAnn
South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Great pictures LariAnn, love those big ears!
Tip-Top looks like a might fine inspector too.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Tip-Top is cute!!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Lari is Tip Top a pet? Poor little Staynot lost in the jungle. I am glad he found his way out.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Yes, Tip-Top is our family squirrel. She stays inside with us and we let her out of her large cage to be with us in the evenings sometimes, when she is most docile. She is quite spoiled, being accustomed to neck massages and lots of love. We rescued her when she was just a baby and she's been with us ever since.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Oh, how sweet she is. You can get attached to animals you rescue and take care of.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Staynot is shipping out today, but he and Tip-Top became such good friends that she's sad to see him off. Almost looks like she's getting a little teary-eyed at knowing he's leaving.

This message was edited Jul 31, 2008 10:50 AM

Thumbnail by LariAnn
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Awww how cute!

That is so cute! Your squirrel is precious! How long have you had her?

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

We've had Tip-Top for at least a year, probably more. Squirrels live long so I expect she'll be with us for a while.

I had one for about 7 years, she was a rescue that had a broken foot that never healed properly, so she couldn't be released. she was a real sweetie. I just released another this spring, she is out in the back yard now, I think she had babies already!
Just curious has she gone into season yet, Callo (our squirrel) always got a little wild about that time.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Yes, I believe she has. She was a little off her usual demeanor, but we were still able to play with her and have a good time together. Her biggest thing is how territorial she gets when visitors come by.

LOL aren't they though Callo used to hide at the top of bookcase near the door and jump on unsuspecting visitors. It took us an hour to get her out of my boyfriend's daughter's long blonde hair once. That was one mad little squirrel!
As she gets older the seasonal moods will get worse. Callo had to be penned during those times, she just got mean, so beware, but other then that they are fun little playmates!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Looks like Staynot has enjoyed Tiptop's company. Is it my imagination that his smile seems broader?
If each of us put a little memento to accompany Staynot in his box, Shadowpaige will have a fantastic Staynot Album!

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

That is such a cute pic of Staynot andTip-Top!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Any news on Staynot? He hasn't called in weeks. I think he's having to much fun....

Nope haven't heard from him. Was looking forward to his tour ofthe PNW though

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.