She's about to....#5

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

FFO First Flower Open- writing down in journal... That is such a pretty shade of pink, Kimbob! Thanks for posting.. and I like that EE beside it, too!

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

yes it is aztec gold

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi hotties and good morning, need to catch up later, just a comment about the EE. People from the caribean islands eat the bulb of the ee's, they are called Malangas, in Spanish, you can find them in Spanish/caribeean stores all around here. I have never tried them and people say they are delicious! I do not want to poison myself with my own ee's, lol, see you all later and have a nice day! Clemen

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Clemen, certain EE are edibles, others EE would cause ellergic reaction. I can't tell the differences on those edible ones and those aren't. So to be save, If I want to eat/cook EE I purchase them from the Oriental markets (there they sell edible EE's bulbs/corms) Those can be grown for ornamental too. But I refrain myself from cooking ornamental EE.s :-)

Bonnie, I love those red EE by Halo Peach's bloom too. These multiply like rabits around here.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Nice Kimbob, is it a Pink China? Clem, that little guy in the background is a Cicely Mary Barker - Red Campion figurine.. I think he likes it there.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I think I might like to try a plumeria! They are very pretty, and seem easy to grow!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Bonnie, all my EEs are from local box store's garden centers. Thus, they're NO Names or NOID. :((

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

For those of us would like to glance at some of the experience that I've to share about brugs/plumies. Visit my thread.

Neither brugs nor plumerias are 'easy' plant to care for those of us that need to keep them overwintered indoor. But the TLC we find to provide for these tender/tropical plants are well worth it.

Here is my thread(s) on brugs and plumies:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/873192/

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Thanks Kimbob, Audrey hurry, go check out Kimbob's link! :)

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry for the late posting but I LOVE that frosty-pink-tipped Brug! :)

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Just got off work and checking in. We have had computer problems too at work this week, and got 3 inches of rain yesterday. Not a good week so far, but it could be worse. :))

Beck, you have d-mail.

I have never seen an EE bloom... and I have them all over the place. Most of mine are NOID but I have started collecting some named ones.

Plumaria is already being considered next at my house. I am also trying passifloras now.

But nothing else is coming in until I make sure these brugs are going to grow. :)))

Thumbnail by merpeg
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I've a total of 5 seedpods on my white and pink plumerias. Those will be available to all my friends that are posting here so far. Maybe some left over for newcomers....too.

WARNING: these plumies take years from seeds to blooming. An everage 2-5 years to rip our rewards. I've ton of seed from my first seedpods. One of the 5 seedpods is harvested. 4 more to go....if I do the math, there will be thousands of seeds available. They're up for SASBE (selfaddressed Stamped bubble Envelopes). dmail me for those of you that're interested.
Kimbob

This is the pink; it's a noid from a generous donor locally. This is my way to pay forth the generosity of others gardeners. (to see the white, you're welcomed to check out on my thread(s).

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Well I would be interested in trying some plumeria seeds Kim if you still have some to send........

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

James, you've got a space in my heart.. .. I meant on my plumie's share. lol. Also you brugs seedpod is getting ripe too....I'll mail them out at the same time. I'll go and check on the brug's seedpod to be sure -- probably this coming Monday (provided that the brugs seeds are fully ripen).

Dr. D x unknow white brug's seeds.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

cool I am excited to get them.........lol

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Do you leave the seed pods on the brugs, then pick? Is that true with most plants. I have never collected seeds before.
I am new here, so just asking questions...
Thanks
Linda Kay

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hi James, welcome to the chatter. Have you started the brug seeds from the envie swap yet?
Couldn't wait to see how the crosses do.
Jaye

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Hey Kim, How about anew room. This one has gone goofy, and I have to scroll sideways to read it.
Linda Kay

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Peg those are some BIG happy ears you got growing! NICE! Hi James and Linda Kay and Jaye! I see Amanda popped in and out quickly... Hi Amanda if your out there lurking somewhere! lol Yep, time for #6...

Linda, on ANY plant, the seeds have to be ripe in order to sprout! I think touch-me-knots may be the exception, but I guess when they pop, they're ripe, too! Most times the seed pods turn brown and get dry!

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

heya hotties, It is truly HOT here today. My plants in the borders are a little limp in the heat. I went out to check on Brug babies and decided I needed to move them farther apart. They are growing so fast they are starting to shade one anothe. I lifted two of the pots and found the little darlings had sent roots out of the pots already. So in the five gallon containers they went! I am skipping a five on one of them due to it's size and roots and going right for the twenty five! AuntB, I can already feel the strain of moving all those pots!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Boy, you Hotties are a glutten for punishment....LOL We barely get brugs going and our collections end up with 20, then we all jump into the next bees nest of Plumerias....Honestly we must love abuse!

Lets see I am sure there is a tropical plant for us northerners up here that no one has been able to grow, that we will just have that "Hottie" desire to try it....LOL

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I think I have 6 or 7 of those big tubs, and I need to get at least 6 or 7 more.... I can kind of pull them a foot or so to re-position, but I have to get some Muscles over here when the spring and fall haul takes place. It's very hot and humid here, too. Just had a rain shower and the sun was shining! Way to go on your babiez! Where's Kim, the exotic? Kim you lurkin?

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Come on Joyce, we can come up with something.... amorphophallus? Na, anybody can grow them....... thinking thinking

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm here...just getting in! New room in a few : )

my linking skills are zero!! fer crying out loud : }

Hi friends, busy today, sorry I have not been around, but you are all in my heart, see ya and hopefully will catch up again soon, Clemen

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

We are going to here...

#6....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/875262/

This message was edited Jul 10, 2008 4:12 PM

This message was edited Jul 10, 2008 4:13 PM

Thank's Hottie!!

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

No not yet but soon enough I will have them started and growing.................lol I have to go get some potting soil first as I am currently out of miracle grow. Most likely this week-end I will have at least one of them started. The one that I am really into seeing what comes out of it is the one that was marked Rubirosa x Pink Smitty I think I may get something really wonderful from that one.

James

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

I am back home... and need to please let you know I made a typo back up there.... I have a dessicated DISK.. and 2 ruptured DISKS... I do NOT nor EVER will have what I said I had..LOL Well I can honestly say I have stuck my foot in my mouth!! Hope you at least got some chuckles.. and didn't start "wondering" about me....

Gotta catch up on the thread.. but I am afraid everything I say will be related to what I said last night.. at least I will be thinking it.... sooo I am going to set up my new puter.. the monitor came in... yay!!!!!!

TTYL...hehehhehe

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I have blooms starting on every brug now, except for one someone sent me that said it was a triple!
All my lilies are in bloom and the garden is so sweet.....you almost want to throw up! LOL! Now a mix of brug and lilies....wowzer!

Hoties we are on thread #6, lets go, Clemen

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

heres a link :o)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/875262/

Are we there yet??Havin fun????

Woo hoo!

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Do you really have to remind me how much we gab! LOL