Today's Weather in Your Garden - 22

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Be careful what you wish for, Clem! This forecast is not my kind of weather - yuck!!

The patio is done.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

And the party is when?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

very very nice victor - beautiful actually.

Thanks - here's the view toward the wall. I like the way it's mostly hidden.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Victor, I like the way it takes the eye and asks the viewer to come along.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Temp 62.7°, wind SE 0.5 mph, Rh 64%. ☺

Vaccinated my backyard with Milky Spore, (just for good measure). And sprayed both front and back with a water soluble nitrifying microalgae solution. ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Vic, nice and very nice, and yes i wish for warm weather, my plants need it over here, specially seedlings=, no sun, no warthm, no good, and Hubbie need s to go boating soon , or else.............well you'll never here from me again, lol, Clem

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Wonderful design. Sooooooooo fluid. Goes so well with the water feature. But I can see you need to get busy and flick a couple of specks of gravel off the edging and plant that one plant. Other wise it is beyond perfection.

Cold and rainy. Spent most of the day organizing seedlings to plant. But I just felt chilled to the bone all day, so I kept retreating to the house. I was a big wuss today. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Patti thats a beautiful shot and I was a wuss all day too. Cold and damp here and it chilled me to the bone also!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Pixie, Thanks, with all the rain, the grass is taller than the plants. I do have a mowing guy, but I am low on the list as I don't have them do anything else except mow and trim where the lawn mower can't go, so it will be up to my knees before they come. I may have to get out the string trimmer and cut along the edges of the beds. But I need to finish planting the veg bed and the all my seedlings.

Here is another geranium, Orion that was new last year for me, hybrid of 'Brookside'. Looser, not sure if it is as good. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Looks so beautiful there, Patti!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum, thanks, but kind of soggy. But heat is on the way. Heard just now that in Buffalo it is right now 85 degrees. Yikes, you will get it tomorrow. My red iris in the sweet fern bed are starting to bloom. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Soggy and foggy here, too. Going to Debby's to get sibs tomorrow-EARLY! Sposta be close to 100 on Monday. No air conditioner here!!!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum, It will be way cooler here. You are welcome to come. Plenty to do here in the garden, but I expect you are going to be madly watering your sibs and orchids. Patti

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Victor, I've been 'away' for so long I didn't even know about your patio - it's beautiful and so inviting...I'm waiting for my invitation :)

Patti, what's the gold shrub at the end of your path - Spirea? It just glows in that photo!

Since this IS the weather thread, reporting in that it's been miserable here, hot and humid :( We had such a beautiful spring - cool and pleasant - unfortunately we were on the road all spring and couldn't take advantage of the nice weather and get working in the gardens. Now, when things slow down it's so darned uncomfortable out there working and unlike everyone north of us, we basically haven't had any real rain since Mother's Day weekend! A shower here and there, but we're already seeing cracks in the clay soil, not a good sign this early in the season :( We've got so much planting to do but wondering if we might be making a huge mistake, since we lost a number of things from the dreadful drought last summer. We watered, rotating sprinklers every few days but still wasn't enough obviously for a few things :( Supposed to be in the high 90's over the weekend but if the weatherman's right it will be cooling down some after the middle of the week - we can only hope!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

What an amazing patio Victor. I think they did a fantastic job! Don't you just love admiring it?

Well, my garden should start popping now...warm weather is on it's way. 60° now, but not for long...

Saturday...Mostly cloudy with areas of fog early this morning...Then becoming mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Sunday...Mostly sunny with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Hot. Humid with highs in the lower 90s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Monday...Sunny...Hot. Humid with highs in the mid 90s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tuesday...Mostly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Hot with highs around 90. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Wednesday...Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 80s.

Thursday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s.

Friday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.

Thanks all. Yes, I am very happy with it. Next year I will seal it because I love the wet look - really brings out the colors. Debbie - good luck with the planting. Wish the weather was better.

Southeastern, CT(Zone 6a)

Thick, heavy, ominous fog - 59 humid degrees.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Clear here, but I can see a fog bank way off shore. Don't tell, but I can see the sun. 56 and wind under 10mph. The new greens are now blindingly bright. Out to plant. Have a good one all. Patti

Temp 82.0°, Wind SW 0.9 mph, Rh 53%. ☺

- I think someone turned on the heat!

Thumbnail by WaterCan2

80 and muggy. Nine kalmia, WC.

You have 9, Victor?

South Hamilton, MA

3 days of rain, now several in the 90s. Not happy with that. Boojum--if too hot tomorrow I will skip th J>T. have enough hrs anyway. can look at the siberians, but can't think in heat.

9 of what, Deb??

Kalmia.

No - three good ones and one I transplanted that is struggling.

My one and only is still tiny - from Bluestone.

They're very slow growers. I started with plants about 18-24 inches high. I love the blooms, but they don't do much for the rest of the year, though they are evergreen.

Thank You, mine grew 6 inches this spring and still going - they love the sun, I transplanted it last fall from an area that received part sun to full sun. ...Of course it has excellent drainage here in LI. ☺

Yes, like rhodies, they will do fine in sun if they get ample moisture. But in the woods around here, they are rarely seen in full sun.

Mine is in mostly shade, few hours of midday sun. Had me wondering for a bit.

Wow - temp jumped to 90! A bit less humid though, not that it really helps. I'm not into dry heat either.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

It is 73 now in Nantucket. We got most of the veg bed finally planted. I will finish most of the rest when the sun goes down Off to get Broccoli as I forgot to start some and hot peppers which did not do well. Patti

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

It's 90 here in NH - and humid. Been working out in the yard but my headache tells me it's time for a break.

Victor - finished patio looks great!

Patti - your gardens are lovely!

Glad to stay inside today with the fans, shades, and doors open to cool spaces in the barn-not a single window works for an air conditioner!! Went iris shopping this AM.

Garden in the heat.

Thumbnail by boojum
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum, I love that spot in your garden. Stunning That must be the peony,'Scarlet O'Hara', that my DH loved so much in your garden. Sorry about your heat.

There are new portable small air conditioners that don't have to go in a window, but then you have to find the money to pay to run them. Yikes. Patti

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

hot.... muggy.... wonderful.... the turtles are outside today.... they love it I think!!!

I saw a turtle on the road today and moved him along-painted turtle.

Thumbnail by boojum

Here's one for Patti and her DH!

Thumbnail by boojum
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

boojum.... how are you??? have not talk to you in ages!!!! gorgeous garden of course... mine Rosarie de LRay is finally blooming... oh I think of you every time I look at her... I think of the picture of yours... how's your doing????

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.