Today's Weather in Your Garden - 22

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

We had some amazing thunder storms last night. Got some real good rain too. I wish I could find my rain meter. By the looks of it, everything got good and soaked. We have some nice temperatures for the next couple of days. Hopefully, the humidity won't get too high.

Sunday...Mostly cloudy this morning...Then becoming partly sunny. Patchy fog this morning. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Monday...Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Tuesday...Partly sunny with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Wednesday...Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 70s.

Thursday...Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 70s.

Friday...Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s.

Saturday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Louise ~ that's an amazing photo of your home. Those guys are working so hard!

RCN ~ So sad about the little wren momma and her babies. Perhaps it was a skunk or raccon? Both are pretty adept at snatching eggs out of nests on the ground.

As for our weather this morning ... Glorious Rain!!!!
48°
Wind: E at 5
Humidity: 90%
Dewpoint: 53°
Pressure: 29.87 in. and still falling

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

It's pouring... oh my poor roses....

Southeastern, CT(Zone 6a)

I can just see you planting umbrellas everywhere, Kass!!! lol

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

That's terrible, Debbie. Could have been another bird too. 72 and overcast.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2008 9:20 AM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

55 and raining softly here.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Rain stopped, but still very coolish (spell ck says this isn't a word?) and damp. Only 60 degrees. Patti

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

70 and only 1/10th of an inch of rain last night. Overcast right now.

Had slightly over 1/2 inch. It's really gross outside now with the sun starting to pop through. Humidity is sky high.

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Took our walk and the humidity is deadly! I thought things were supposed to get better after those storms came trough yesterday. Now the sun is out and they are calling for a high of 81.

Feels like it's getting better now - finally. Breeze picking up, sun is out and humidity dropping.

South Hamilton, MA

Have had rain, we needed it as the soill is so dry.

66.3 here, no sunshine and felt chilly when I was just out taking photos. Let's hope the sun doesn't appear or the humidity is bound to rise.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

More light rain moving through on and off all day. Still chilly. Doing paper work and filing. I still keep paper copies of garden stuff in big 3 ring binders. Stupid, and they need some major organizing and cleaning out. I did nip out for a few snaps, but not inspired. Back to the paper junk. Patti

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

57 now, (wow! warmed up 2 whole degree's) and still raining. We need it and my gardens are say "Ahhhhhh"

Thumbnail by pixie62560

Ahhhh, what a pretty view, Celeste. HB 10 days early!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Pirl....it still has a lot of eye sores I need to tend to....DH fake deer and one of the flower beds has sunk...needs to be moved!

Oh no! DH sunk with the fake deer and the flower bed? What a tragedy! At least you could use the sunken bed for JI's, right? They'd have to love it. Not so with DH.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

GLORIOUS day for Fathers Day.
84* and breezy.Lovin my deck and garden, inspired by you DGer's can't thank all of you enough.
I might make it thru winter next year.

Wow! You all seemed to have a nice day! I was out doing some shopping and the car's thermometer registered 91 degrees at one point. It was hot and humid, and we even had a sun shower when we were at Wal- Mart! It feels a bit more comfortable now, but we'll have put on the a/c units to cool things down for bedtime.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

It was a beautiful day in Glens Falls! Bright sunshine and warm temperatures. Not as humid as yesterday. Maybe if it were cool and raining here 2 fourteen year old boys wouldn't have tried to swim across the river in back of our house. One didn't make it and the other one swam back to get help but it was too late. They were not in the beach area and no swimming is allowed where they were. There are a lot of under currents in the river and very difficult to make it across. Why can't kids obey laws and rules? They are always fooling around down there and in the canal. My neighbor and I were talking yesterday about how someone was going to get hurt and the police needed to patrol the canal tow path between the canal and the river. Kids swim in the river and canal, jump off the bridge into the shallow - rocky water of the canal, build campfires, etc. One of the "etc." involves kids jumping off the top of the dam and going through the open gates into the canal - you have to see it to believe it!!! When I see it, I turn and walk the other way as fast as i can!! There is a safe beach with life guards for them to swim, but for some reason the kids prefer to swim in the dangerous water holes. Eleanor

That's so sad and yet so typical of the dare devil attitude of many kids.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Eleanor, im so sorry that had to happen right in your back yard. Like Pirl said, there will always be dare devils and there's nothing you can really do is there?

How very sad. Maybe now something will be done as fr as patrolling the area, especially since we are approaching summer and more kids will be out of school and looking for things to do.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Victor, I have cut many roses today and it was such an adventure shaking every branch to get rid of water... oh I wanted to cry to see so many roses already gone. oh I have so few buds left... hopefully they will be open for you guys....

Eleanor, last year one young boy from my church died in a dam ... silly boys!!! what a waste!

Oh, how terrible, Eleanor. Kids to dumb things, but it's still so sad and traumatic for the family. Just awful.

The weather was not great here. We ended up inside with the A/C for dinner. Was humid all day.

Always tough to see the blooms go, Kass.

Started a new thread...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/863699/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.